Tiote Interview

Christmas Tree

CHEIK TIOTE has refused to drop his no-nonsense style as Newcastle United look to stabilise their Premier League place.

The Ivory Coast midfielder was banned for three games after a crunching tackle on Jon Ashton against Stevenage.

Opinion was divided whether the African had jumped in unnecessarily during the FA Cup tie, but he has again re-iterated his stance on the English game.

Tiote told the Chronicle: “I don’t think the red card will change anything in me because I have to play as I always do.

“If I change, it’s not good for me.

“English football is hard – you get kicked. I have to win every ball.

“For me, that’s the most important thing.

“I have to win the ball and give it to a striker, or another team-mate.”

Tiote went in against Arsenal today ready to return to action after a miserable stint on the sidelines.

He said: “I’m happy to be back now because I wasn’t happy not playing games.

“It’s difficult to see your team-mates play on the TV – you want to play and help them.

“Now I’m back, and the most important thing is to work for the team and the fans.

“I hope to help the team and play my best.”

Tiote also feels United can beat Arsenal, but must fight for the right, just like they did at the Emirates earlier in the season.

Tiote added: “It’s easy to say we can win, but it’s not easy to do it on the pitch.

“We hope to win the game.

“It’s a big match, and it’s not an easy one.

“I have to do the same as I have been doing, which is work hard.

“Arsenal have many good players, but it’s not all about talent.

“You have to be strong also on the pitch. It’s not only technical quality.”

:: FABRICIO COLOCCINI was a doubt for today’s game against Arsenal, with former Gunner Sol Campbell on standby if the Argentinian fails to overcome a groin problem.

Pardew having his say on Tiote too....

Pardew hopes to keep Tiote

Magpies boss worried about any bids for midfielder

Alan Pardew fears Newcastle United 'will have a problem' if clubs bid for midfielder Cheick Tiote at the end of the season.

Tiote has impressed at St James' Park since joining the Magpies from FC Twente last summer and has already been linked with rival Premier League teams.

Newcastle cashed in on home-grown product Andy Carroll on deadline day after selling the striker to Liverpool for £35million and owner Mike Ashley is keen to put the club on a sound financial footing.

Pardew understands the philosophy of Ashley and Derek Llambias and is hoping he can hang on to Tiote in the long term.

Very talented

"I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem," said Pardew.

"Tiote is a very important player, very talented and someone we want to be a big part of our future."

He added: "When I became ­manager, they (Ashley and Llambias) made me aware that they wanted to get the club on a financial footing, which gives them a chance to build it.

"Signing young players and ­hoping they become successful in the ­Premier League is part of the policy of growing as a club.

"Now, ideally, you would like to keep someone like Andy Carroll, a young player who is from the area, but ­financially we could not keep him.

"But we like to think, certainly I have that ambition, that in two or three years' time, if we can sustain our ­status and keep getting the TV ­money invested wisely, that we can hold off that next bid which might be for Cheick in 18 months' time or so.

"We have to get ourselves in a ­position to do that because at the moment we're not and we have to accept that."

Pardew having his say on Tiote too....

Pardew hopes to keep Tiote

Magpies boss worried about any bids for midfielder

Alan Pardew fears Newcastle United 'will have a problem' if clubs bid for midfielder Cheick Tiote at the end of the season.

Tiote has impressed at St James' Park since joining the Magpies from FC Twente last summer and has already been linked with rival Premier League teams.

Newcastle cashed in on home-grown product Andy Carroll on deadline day after selling the striker to Liverpool for £35million and owner Mike Ashley is keen to put the club on a sound financial footing.

Pardew understands the philosophy of Ashley and Derek Llambias and is hoping he can hang on to Tiote in the long term.

Very talented

"I am hoping there are no bids, ­otherwise we will have a problem," said Pardew.

"Tiote is a very important player, very talented and someone we want to be a big part of our future."

He added: "When I became ­manager, they (Ashley and Llambias) made me aware that they wanted to get the club on a financial footing, which gives them a chance to build it.

"Signing young players and ­hoping they become successful in the ­Premier League is part of the policy of growing as a club.

"Now, ideally, you would like to keep someone like Andy Carroll, a young player who is from the area, but ­financially we could not keep him.

"But we like to think, certainly I have that ambition, that in two or three years' time, if we can sustain our ­status and keep getting the TV ­money invested wisely, that we can hold off that next bid which might be for Cheick in 18 months' time or so.

"We have to get ourselves in a ­position to do that because at the moment we're not and we have to accept that."

Jesus fucking christ, what an utter lickspittle of a man, basically hes now touting for bids for players.....cunt!

If we aren't even going to try to become a good football team where does that leave the fans?

There's a lot of three year deals about to expire...

Pardew's statement almost confirms people's orignal fears that Ashley bought the club to use it as a money making tool for himself through selling off any assets we might have/get.

So basically Tiote is for sale if the right bid comes in.

I was thinking about this the other night; we'd actually have a superb first 11 (as of today) if we'd have kept most of the players that have left since Ashley came in.

Given

Simpson Bassong Coloccini Enrique

Tiote

Milner Barton N'Zogbia

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Subs:

Martins

Owen

Faye

Beye

Harper

Nolan

Gutierrez

It's pointless us holding any hopes until this fat cunt either has a heart attack or sells up. Every window will be like the last, not looking forward to getting players in but just praying we don't lose them.

What really gets my back up is do they really have to tout our own fucking players like this? basically saying Tiote is for sale all you need to do is bid.

Of all the stupid comments to make in public that pretty much sits up there with the best of em.

Sounds like it was a hand written memo by Ashley that Pardew was forced to read out - only way something that retarded could be spoken out loud.

Jesus fucking christ what has happened to our club....

Was saying yesterday it would've been better from a team perspective if we'd paid about £10m for him as the cheap price and the potential for profit as a result of that means he's pretty much gone in the summer.

If we aren't even going to try to become a good football team where does that leave the fans?

Pardew's statement almost confirms people's orignal fears that Ashley bought the club to use it as a money making tool for himself through selling off any assets we might have/get.

He blatantly didn't, though. He bought it as a plaything, signing players, drinking with the fans etc. The keegan fall out ruined that for him, so he's lost interest/being spiteful. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same in that situation, if they had no emotional ties to the club.

He blatantly didn't, though. He bought it as a plaything, signing players, drinking with the fans etc. The keegan fall out ruined that for him, so he's lost interest/being spiteful. I'm sure a lot of people would do the same in that situation, if they had no emotional ties to the club.

Ofcourse he did, dafty.

Why do people buy buisnesses? to make money? of fucking course.

Ofcourse he did, dafty.

What kind of post is that? Aye, I'm sure the other billionaires in the league are making a fortune, dafty :razz:

Ofcourse he did, dafty.

What kind of post is that? Aye, I'm sure the other billionaires in the league are making a fortune, dafty :razz:

Am just saying, ofcourse hes only there to mekk lowey, why would any buisness man buy something to lose lowey?

Calm ye sell

Ofcourse he did, dafty.

Am just saying, ofcourse hes only there to mekk lowey, why would any buisness man buy something to lose lowey?

Calm ye sell

Why don't you ask Abramovich, when do you think he'll see the return on his £50m Torres investment? Perhaps for the fame/vanity/illusion of power it creates?

Ofcourse he did, dafty.

Calm ye sell

Why don't you ask Abramovich, when do you think he'll see the return on his £50m Torres investment? Perhaps for the fame/vanity/illusion of power it creates?

You pick out him? Well you could of picked that fucking shake blokey aswell.

So 2 blokes out of how many? Is it 92?

Ofcourse he did, dafty.

Calm ye sell

How many of them do you think are making a profit?

Ofcourse he did, dafty.

Calm ye sell

How many of them do you think are making a profit?

How many are trying to make a profit?

Listen mate, a dont want an argument, just saying thats all.