Freddy Shepherd

Flair

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think we'd have spent money on transfers in the Keegan summer with Freddy and his operating loss?

Ashley wasn't spending...

Shepherd would be spending long-term, Ashley isn't and will not.

Like he did the summer we got Bowyer in, that summer which started our decline

You have got to be fucking kidding me! :(

Ashley is fucking garbage but Shepherd is not the answer.

Who else are we going to get?

I will take Freddy in a heartbeat.

Cracking justification :rolleyes:

Seriously, have a fucking word man!

Are you really going to deny that under Shepherd we weren't experiencing good times? How can you possibly see him as a bad chairman? Yes he ran up debt, but any club doing well in the modern day (without a billionaire needs to be in debt).

Times change. We had good times under Shepherd primarily because of the appointments of KK and SBR. The absolute abominations we were served up under Dalglish, Gullit, Souness and Roeder proves it was fuck all to do with Shepherd.

He'd be a fucking disaster coming back now.

Why do you think we could appoint world class managers like SBR? With Ashley, Hughton was as good as it gets and look what happened to him. Seriously, we will never ever attract a good manager under Ashley. Shepherd for all he was, could do that. Moreover, we had Keegan. He fucked off soon after he realised what he was dealing with regards to Ashley.

We attracted two decent managers during Shepherd's time at the club. Both who had massive sentimental attachment to the club. All the rest were fucking garbage.

Seriously, say Shepherd come in tomorrow. Who are you telling me he'd appoint as manager? I'd love to know.

I doubt he would appoint another manager until the end of the season atleast, anyone can see that is not what we need right now.

Stop dodging the question. You reckon Shepherd would attract a decent manager. Name him.

:friends: What are you on about? Freddy Shepherd could definitely attract the likes of MON, something which will not happen under Ashley, et al. Lets not joke, that's a massive step-up on Pardew.

You sir are a moron.

MON, the guy fucks off in a huff when he run's out of money.

Am I missing something? You would rather have Pardew over MON.

Yeah you are missing something,

Firstly it got nothing to do with him being better than Pardrew.

Secondly, If shepard was in charge like you wish. Where do you think we would be finacially ? Would FFS be able to give the funds to MON like he would require to build his squad.

MON would just turn out to be like souness, as in disaster

I don't want either Shepherd or Ashley. The former spends beyond his means, the latter doesn't spend at all but most importantly neither know how to run a football club.

This.

End of thread tbh.

Seconded. Arguing the merits of one over the other either is daft imo.

Do you think we'd have spent money on transfers in the Keegan summer with Freddy and his operating loss?

Ashley did spend. What would Shepherd be spending? Consider that future income was already spent when preparing your reply.

Shepherd didn't spend the future income for twenty years you know, you daft cunt.

Ashley did spend. What would Shepherd be spending? Consider that future income was already spent when preparing your reply.

Shepherd didn't spend the future income for twenty years you know, you daft cunt.

Fucking hell you're dense.

6 people have signed, Ashley is going to buckle for sure when he sees this.

Look you Ashley apologist, you are content with relegation cannon fodder but I certainly am not. It isn't even about getting Ashley to buckle.

Look you Ashley apologist, you are content with relegation cannon fodder but I certainly am not. It isn't even about getting Ashley to buckle.

Look you Shepherd apologist, you are content with a declining team and mounting debts, but i am certainly not.

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

Look you Shepherd apologist, you are content with a declining team and mounting debts, but i am certainly not.

The team declined anyway through relegation. Can you not see it? Our number one striker is Shola Ameobi. :razz:

The team declined anyway through relegation. Can you not see it? Our number one striker is Shola Ameobi. :razz:

As opposed to our number one strikers always being injured under Shepherd when the going got tough. Who was the number one defender when Shepherd sold up? Would he get in to todays back 4?

As opposed to our number one strikers always being injured under Shepherd when the going got tough. Who was the number one defender when Shepherd sold up? Would he get in to todays back 4?

Yeah and Shola isn't. :( It even looks like Leon Best is crocked. At this rate, we will be lucky to have any striker.

Yeah and Shola isn't. :( It even looks like Leon Best is crocked. At this rate, we will be lucky to have any striker.

They're sitting pretty in the league in comparison to when Freddy left, aren't they, Deep?

The problem with Shepherd (et al) is that he seems to get away with more now than he would if Ashley wasn't even worse than him.

They're both terrible owners, Ashley is much the worse though. No guarantee that the debts from Shepherd's era would have put us under are there? Just assumptions that they could.

Aye you're right, the finances were sound, Ashley just put over £100m in for the craic

the ground cost ashley 65m leaving 35m which he promptly added the following years wages regardless of income :razz: stood at 120m according to reports when he wanted 400m from arbs?

They're sitting pretty in the league in comparison to when Freddy left, aren't they, Deep?

Are we? We are 7 points above Birmingham who have 2 games in hand. They play us at home in two weeks (a defeat and we are in the relegation fight). Wigan is in 17th with 26pts (i.e 5pts less than us). We are sitting very pretty indeed. Sitting very pretty.

Edited by Flair

Are we? We are 7 points above Birmingham who have 2 games in hand. They play us at home in two weeks (a defeat and we are in the relegation fight). Wigan is in 17th with 26pts (i.e 5pts less than us). We are sitting very pretty indeed. Sitting very pretty.

Relegation fight :lol: If we average 1 point from every 2 games remaining we stay up ffs.

Relegation fight :lol: If we average 1 point from every 2 games remaining we stay up ffs.

Our only fit striker is Ranger and a winger in Lovenkrands is being forced up top and I don't think 37 points is going to be enough to stay up. Pardew is already talking about flogging Tiote in the summer. We are very much in this relegation fight.

Edited by Flair

I think we will stay up but not due to management, the players and maybe manager need to take credit for this, the premier league is horrendous in its divisions mind, and I worry that no debt has been paid whatsoever and is still in price for club, ashley quote 2002 by the times , " he comes and parks a tank on your lawn and theirs nothing you can do" :razz: