Freddy Shepherd

Flair

6 people have signed, Ashley is going to buckle for sure when he sees this.

Look you Ashley apologist, you are content with relegation cannon fodder but I certainly am not. It isn't even about getting Ashley to buckle.

Look you Shepherd apologist, you are content with a declining team and mounting debts, but i am certainly not.

The team declined anyway through relegation. Can you not see it? Our number one striker is Shola Ameobi. :razz:

As opposed to our number one strikers always being injured under Shepherd when the going got tough. Who was the number one defender when Shepherd sold up? Would he get in to todays back 4?

Yeah and Shola isn't. :( It even looks like Leon Best is crocked. At this rate, we will be lucky to have any striker.

They're sitting pretty in the league in comparison to when Freddy left, aren't they, Deep?

Are we? We are 7 points above Birmingham who have 2 games in hand. They play us at home in two weeks (a defeat and we are in the relegation fight). Wigan is in 17th with 26pts (i.e 5pts less than us). We are sitting very pretty indeed. Sitting very pretty.

Relegation fight :lol: If we average 1 point from every 2 games remaining we stay up ffs.

Our only fit striker is Ranger and a winger in Lovenkrands is being forced up top and I don't think 37 points is going to be enough to stay up. Pardew is already talking about flogging Tiote in the summer. We are very much in this relegation fight.

Oh you're right. We're fucked this season if tiote goes in the summer. Nice point to slip in there.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will stay up but not due to management, the players and maybe manager need to take credit for this, the premier league is horrendous in its divisions mind, and I worry that no debt has been paid whatsoever and is still in price for club, ashley quote 2002 by the times , " he comes and parks a tank on your lawn and theirs nothing you can do" :razz:

The problem with Shepherd (et al) is that he seems to get away with more now than he would if Ashley wasn't even worse than him.

They're both terrible owners, Ashley is much the worse though. No guarantee that the debts from Shepherd's era would have put us under are there? Just assumptions that they could.

Aye you're right, the finances were sound, Ashley just put over £100m in for the craic

the ground cost ashley 65m leaving 35m which he promptly added the following years wages regardless of income :( stood at 120m according to reports when he wanted 400m from arbs?

So when did the city council terminate the 99 year rolling lease we have with them for SJP and prompty sold it to Ashley? :razz:

Look you Ashley apologist, you are content with relegation cannon fodder but I certainly am not. It isn't even about getting Ashley to buckle.

Look you Shepherd apologist, you are content with a declining team and mounting debts, but i am certainly not.

The team declined anyway through relegation. Can you not see it? Our number one striker is Shola Ameobi. :razz:

As opposed to our number one strikers always being injured under Shepherd when the going got tough. Who was the number one defender when Shepherd sold up? Would he get in to todays back 4?

Yeah and Shola isn't. :( It even looks like Leon Best is crocked. At this rate, we will be lucky to have any striker.

They're sitting pretty in the league in comparison to when Freddy left, aren't they, Deep?

Are we? We are 7 points above Birmingham who have 2 games in hand. They play us at home in two weeks (a defeat and we are in the relegation fight). Wigan is in 17th with 26pts (i.e 5pts less than us). We are sitting very pretty indeed. Sitting very pretty.

Relegation fight :lol: If we average 1 point from every 2 games remaining we stay up ffs.

Our only fit striker is Ranger and a winger in Lovenkrands is being forced up top and I don't think 37 points is going to be enough to stay up. Pardew is already talking about flogging Tiote in the summer. We are very much in this relegation fight.

Oh you're right. We're fucked this season if tiote goes in the summer. Nice point to slip in there.

Didn't say that but we aren't sitting pretty as you like to put it. Our chief aim is to stay up ffs. Under Shepherd, was that ever the case? It's pathetic how you harp on about going forward but in reality we are debating whether to dip onto the free agent market and get Jeremy Aliadiere.

Didn't say that but we aren't sitting pretty as you like to put it. Our chief aim is to stay up ffs. Under Shepherd, was that ever the case? It's pathetic how you harp on about going forward but in reality we are debating whether to dip onto the free agent market and get Jeremy Aliadiere.

Like when we went a whole summer needing a left back, didnt sign one, then after the window slammed shut signed Bernard. Did he even play a game for us? Fucking hell.

Like when we went a whole summer needing a left back, didnt sign one, then after the window slammed shut signed Bernard. Did he even play a game for us? Fucking hell.

Shame that is just a LB and not a whole forward line which covers about 2 positions.

The problem with Shepherd (et al) is that he seems to get away with more now than he would if Ashley wasn't even worse than him.

They're both terrible owners, Ashley is much the worse though. No guarantee that the debts from Shepherd's era would have put us under are there? Just assumptions that they could.

Aye you're right, the finances were sound, Ashley just put over £100m in for the craic

the ground cost ashley 65m leaving 35m which he promptly added the following years wages regardless of income :( stood at 120m according to reports when he wanted 400m from arbs?

So when did the city council terminate the 99 year rolling lease we have with them for SJP and prompty sold it to Ashley? :razz:

as far as I understand the rolling lease may not have been discounted but from transfer of ownership rent became payable immediately, its like saying ahley paid the debts off then said they were owed to him, nothing good

Shame that is just a LB and not a whole forward line which covers about 2 positions.

We've actually got forwards though, just bad ones. And we had a whole summer to get a LB, when we didn't have one :lol: We had minutes/hours to replace Carroll. A full summer.

Guest Your Name Here

It’s an inconvenient truth for those who swallowed Mort’s gumpf about the debts being paid off, but the clubs debts have been going up not down under Ashley. He’s cut costs, slashed the wage bill, made a net profit in the transfer market and painted shitdirect on the roof, but thanks to his mismanagement of the football side of the business the amount of money owed has increased dramatically.

That said, bringing the fat controller back isn't the answer.

We've actually got forwards though, just bad ones. And we had a whole summer to get a LB, when we didn't have one :lol: We had minutes/hours to replace Carroll. A full summer.

Babayaro is clearly a midfielder, you utter tool. So you are saying it wasn't clear that we didn't need another forward with/without Carroll. Where have you been for the last 4 months?

Edited by Flair

Babayaro is clearly a midfielder, you utter tool. So you are saying it wasn't clear that we didn't need another forward with/without Carroll. Where have you been for the last 4 months?

Babayaro okay.

Ranger/Loven/Shola/Best.

Babayaro okay.

Ranger/Loven/Shola/Best.

One winger, one that should be in the academy and the other two are unfit. Yeah doing brilliantly.

Babayaro okay.

Ranger/Loven/Shola/Best.

One winger, one that should be in the academy and the other two are unfit. Yeah doing brilliantly.

They gpt injured after the window closed. We have 2 shit strikers for the position. We had 1 fit left back, who wasn't fancied to the extent that they played Duff there instead, and despite this, they went a full summer without signing a left back. Rose tinted glasses off now?

Don't know who told you Lovenkrands isn't a striker either, perhaps someone in London

Where did Lovenkrands play when at Rangers? :razz:

Edited by Flair

Don't know who told you Lovenkrands isn't a striker either, perhaps someone in London

Ronaldo played on the wing at Man Utd and now plays as a forward, because a player's position is errr... where ever you play them. How's the petition?

Ronaldo played on the wing at Man Utd and now plays as a forward, because a player's position is errr... where ever you play them. How's the petition?

He played in the same position.

How do you feel about us playing a central midfielder on the wing, that one who scored twice today and pretty much inspired the whole performance

How do you think? Are you seriously getting denser?