Mike Ashley

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Has reiterated his commitment to NUFC and that he has no intention of selling. Well he wouldn't want to sell what is turning into a cash cow. He can sell players for millions and most of all the fans are always willing to line his coffers. Edmund Burke said "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" (para). We can drone on about needing to sjpport the team and no doubt someone will. However there is a choice the team this season or the club this generation. Which one do you want to prosper?

Has reiterated his commitment to NUFC and that he has no intention of selling. Well he wouldn't want to sell what is turning into a cash cow. He can sell players for millions and most of all the fans are always willing to line his coffers. Edmund Burke said "all it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" (para). We can drone on about needing to sjpport the team and no doubt someone will. However there is a choice the team this season or the club this generation. Which one do you want to prosper?

Why make the statement when nobody has said the club is for sale ?

because it is obviously a possibility ?

Edited by LeazesMag

because it has obviously a possibility ?

Tragic

Seen the article in the people. Mike Ashley has talked about spending the money from the Carroll transfer. Also speaks of him falling back in love with football.

Carroll deal was also mentioned. We got £30mil now and a 7.5% sell on clause or 7.5 discount if we bought him back haha!

Good ol' Edmund.

dwquqb.jpg

His only commitment to Newcastle United is how to make a quick buck.

Will he spend £35million in the summer?

I can bet my bottom dollar that we will sell as much in the summer even if we do.

I can bet my bottom dollar that we will sell as much in the summer even if we do.

He's doing a pretty shit job :razz:

Is he?

- £35mil for Carrol

- Parachute Payment

- Duff, Geremi, Owen, Martins, Viduka, Given off the wage bill

- Full houses every week

- Practically every 3rd game in the Championship on TV

I'm struggling to see how he'll be making a loss at the minute with the majority of the squad on £20k or less a week.

man united and chelsea they can bog off there just jealous this is happening because he scored a cracker for us against arsenal. please god dont ashley dare sell him hes quality

Is he?

- £35mil for Carrol -

- Parachute Payment

- Full houses every week

I'm struggling to see how he'll be making a loss at the minute with the majority of the squad on £20k or less a week.

Are you seriously suggesting that the next set of accounts for the 09/10 season could possibly show a profit?

Perhaps 10/11 will....off the back of Carroll, but it's only once in a generation that we can hope to break the British transfer record. that's not a plan for long term profit.

This view of Ashley as a genius entrepreneur filtering money out of the club at our expense really has to stop. It gives him, far too much credit.

He's been an abject failure. He's thrown hundreds of millions at getting us relegated and back up. If he'd thrown half of that money Keegan's way then the chances are we'd be up there challenging with Spurs now. The worst of it is that he hasn't learned his lesson at all, and has once again jeopardised our premier league status by gambling we can stay up, this time with Peter Lovenkrands leading our attack rather than Michael Owen.

Edited by Happy Face

Is he?

- £35mil for Carrol -

- Parachute Payment

- Full houses every week

Are you seriously suggesting that the next set of accounts for the 09/10 season could possibly show a profit?

Perhaps 10/11 will....off the back of a Carroll, but it's only once in a generation that we can hope to break the British transfer record. that's not a plan for long term profit.

This view of Ashley as a genius entrepreneur filtering money out of the club at our expense really has to stop. It gives him, far too much credit.

He's been an abject failure. He's thrown hundreds of millions at getting us relegated and back up. If he'd thrown half of that money Keegan's way then the chances are we'd be up there challenging with Spurs now. the worst of it is that he hasn't learned his lesson at all, and has once again has jeopardised our premier league status by gambling we can stay up, this time with Peter Lovenkrands leading our attack rather than Michael Owen.

Well said.

I'm struggling to see how he is losing money with the number of savings he has made in every area of the club. The parachute payment more than made up for the loss of TV money which can't have been that much as we were still on TV every 3 weeks. Attendances were better than 90% of the Premier Leagues, Hughton was earning less then Ameobi. Where exactly is all of this expenditure you talk of?

Fitz Hall, Lovenkrands, Williamson, Best, Campbell, Gosling, Perch, Routledge, Harewood?

Lets see . . Owen £120kpw, Viduka £70kpw, Martins £60kpw, and that's being conservative. That's £12million a year saved in wages just on those 3, not to mention Duff, Geremi and Given who wouldn't have been far behind. There's his collateral for all of the above signings with a bit left over

I'm struggling to see how he is losing money with the number of savings he has made in every area of the club. The parachute payment more than made up for the loss of TV money which can't have been that much as we were still on TV every 3 weeks. Attendances were better than 90% of the Premier Leagues, Hughton was earning less then Ameobi. Where exactly is all of this expenditure you talk of?

Fitz Hall, Lovenkrands, Williamson, Best, Campbell, Gosling, Perch, Routledge, Harewood?

Lets see . . Owen £120kpw, Viduka £70kpw, Martins £60kpw, and that's being conservative. That's £12million a year saved in wages just on those 3, not to mention Duff, Geremi and Given who wouldn't have been far behind. There's his collateral for all of the above signings with a bit left over

"More" than made up? You get more for being relegated than you do for staying up?

TV money in the championshiup is a pittance by comparison, even when you're on TV every week.

The gates were down 10,000, average was about 43,000 so one fifth less.

He took a huge chunk off the wages, but Smith, Barton, Coloccini etc all remained. Our squad was the highest paid in the league by some distance.

Hmm, just looked into it, didn't realise we were on nearly £40mil for TV money alone!

So chances are we made a loss last year, but if he can get us finishing 17th each season surely he will make a hefty profit with the wage bill at its current level?

Hmm, just looked into it, didn't realise we were on nearly £40mil for TV money alone!

So chances are we made a loss last year, but if he can get us finishing 17th each season surely he will make a hefty profit with the wage bill at its current level?

:lol: Assisted still further by our best players wanting to go when the penny drops ..... or they talk to players from the big clubs.

Edited by LeazesMag

Are you saying that's what he's going to do like? :lol:

Even if he wanted to, howay man.

Well not 17th necessarily, but doing the minimum to stay up every year, I can believe it. He probably got the idea of DW tbh

I think you're right in that he'd like to do that but it's very difficult/ virtually impossible. Which ties in with what HF was saying about people giving MA far too much credit re: a dastardly plan for the club being fulfilled. He's fucked it up at every turn and the current policy will have similar results.