What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

Guest Marshall-Barnes
I cannot believe the positive spin the Chronicle are putting on this. Not one mention of the price hike people are facing.

The bottom line is the cheapest option standard season ticket has increased from £429 to £558 which is a 30% increase.

For those wondering where the young persons area is...it will split the family area from the away fans....

New seating plan

Makes me angry seeing my seat in yellow. I'm seathing.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe the positive spin the Chronicle are putting on this. Not one mention of the price hike people are facing.

The bottom line is the cheapest option standard season ticket has increased from £429 to £558 which is a 30% increase.

For those wondering where the young persons area is...it will split the family area from the away fans....

New seating plan

Get TalkSport phoned - it is time for Marshall-Barnes to get the media onside

New seating plan

Is that a new aquatic bad guy?

...I'll get me coat.

You can opt out any time though according to the blurb. Whilst I'm not a fan of the regime the 10 year thing seems like a no-brainer to me, given they say you only need commit to a year. Unless I'm missing something.

That's my whole point. It seems that way and I wouldn't be at all surprised if there were some pathetic clauses written deep into the small print that stopped you getting out.

Maybe paranoia but I just don't trust these mongs one bit. The bonus appears too one-sided towards the fans.

In short. If you can get out at any time, where's the advantage to the club in allowing you to buy your season ticket for the next 10 years at 2011 prices rather than year on year? It makes absolutely no financial sense from their point of view.

I think Matt's just nailed the reasons behind it tbh.

Yeah. I hate it when he does that.

New seating plan

Too much of a negative issue, he needs to protect the Marshall-Barnes brand.

New seating plan

He can show himself to be a multi-faceted pan-topical commentator, the brand can be so much more than mildly self-mocking humorous anecdotes.

I could get that £265 one which would save me some cash. It'd probably be full of students though; will look like the house from The Young Ones by November.

I might do it like, depends on where the seats are I suppose, couldn't be sitting right next to the family bit!

I might gan for it considering the money I'll save. I'll only have it for one season like but it's actually tempting. Don't agree with the shifting of sections like but his levels of arsehole-ness don't surprise me anymore.

Guest Marshall-Barnes

New seating plan

:lol:

I thought there was a law against ageism. So basically everyone over 21, is being told they are too old to sit there, employers get taken to tribunals for ageism all of the time because it is a legal issue. Surely there could be an angle to take them to court.

New seating plan

He can show himself to be a multi-faceted pan-topical commentator, the brand can be so much more than mildly self-mocking humorous anecdotes.

As his self-appointed agent, i want him to focus on the core brand values set down by the half-time departure. Looking at a ten minute slot on Loose Women discussing premature ejaculation (jovial tone, self-deprecating style).

New seating plan

As his self-appointed agent, i want him to focus on the core brand values set down by the half-time departure. Looking at a ten minute slot on Loose Women discussing premature ejaculation (jovial tone, self-deprecating style).

You are Mike Ashley to my John Hall - I see nothing less than regular appearances on Question Time, giving a voice to the great unheard........in time obviously

I've been intending to not renew and go match-by-match for a while (mainly due to travel costs when games get shifted for TV) but I think this stunt more or less seals it.

The problem is (as I can testify), you wont go as much. Because you havent paid you'll either go to the pub to watch it, go shopping or go for a nice day in the hills etc.

You'll get so laid back that at some point, someone will offer you a free ticket and you'll decide to stop in and decorate the house instead. :lol:

Having gone as and when for a while, I really miss the whole match day experience which is partly why Im considering getting another one.

Guest Marshall-Barnes
I see Mr Barnes as more of a roving SJP reporter style, always there to face the cameras outside the ground. Stood just next to the mong in the blue 1994 tracksuit carrying two carrier bags.

:lol:

Am nowt like David Craig. Probs more like the bloke who plugs the cables in tbh.

Jonny it says on the ws if you had a ST in the CCC season you get 10% off the ST price.

Still not renewing. Ill pick and chose the odd game throughout the season. He's taking the piss like, all about maximising income from fans. The top tier are cheaper seats so he doesnt want any concession punters taking these up in the lower levels where he can squeeze more from. Hence top level for kids.

I've been intending to not renew and go match-by-match for a while (mainly due to travel costs when games get shifted for TV) but I think this stunt more or less seals it.

The problem is (as I can testify), you wont go as much. Because you havent paid you'll either go to the pub to watch it, go shopping or go for a nice day in the hills etc.

I've only been to half the games anyway, last one was Fulham, so I'm paying about £50 a time in effect anyway.

I'll start by saying the following is no comfort for fans being moved and if I was in your shoes I would be equally pissed off.

Simon Esland, Newcastle United head of customer operations came on Radio Newcastle total sport to explain the changes in season tickets etc. He came across very well and put the case for the changes across equally well.

With regard to the family section. It is currently sold out and when families ring for tickets week on week there is no space to fit them in, even though the ground is not sold out. It is sensible to extend the section rather than to set up another family section elsewhere in the ground.

The 18-21 section is designed to allow those kids that reach 18 in the family section, an area to move into without having to pay full adult price for 3 years.

The away section is being extended to give the club flexibility to increase the allocation to travelling fans if feasible. The ground is not sold out so being able to offer travelling clubs a further 500 seats is good business sense. Depending on the match, the club may decide to keep those extra 500 seats for home fans, if they think they can sell them.

He also mentioned that they would be re-starting the fans forum meetings.....Pud take note.

Just read nufc.com on this and I'm fucking fuming.

This has Ashley written all over it.

I can just imagine the cunt talking it over with his rent boy lover LLambas. "Let's teach those fuckers a lesson by making them sit down on their own...and it will mean noone can sing nasty things about us."

In reality, it will mean people who are 50/50 about football just won't go anymore...and the 46k average attendance will suddenly turn into 36k.

Ashley is the poorest businessman I have ever fucking known.

NUST have to step up and sort this mess out.

Just read nufc.com on this and I'm fucking fuming.

This has Ashley written all over it.

I can just imagine the cunt talking it over with his rent boy lover LLambas. "Let's teach those fuckers a lesson by making them sit down on their own...and it will mean noone can sing nasty things about us."

In reality, it will mean people who are 50/50 about football just won't go anymore...and the 46k average attendance will suddenly turn into 36k.

Ashley is the poorest businessman I have ever fucking known.

NUST have to step up and sort this mess out.

Sorry but :lol: