What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This the end for me. There's not many seriously mourning the loss of this end (L7 Corner) on here, let alone the wider public. I love being able to have a drink, go to the game and stand up all match and back my club/give away supporters stick. I wouldn't move to another part of the ground if they offered me the same price, let alone expect me to pay more. I've sat in other sections in this all seater stadium of ours and I just can't stand sitting next to people who do a very passsable impression of not really giving a fuck about NUFC or the fact that 3,000 bell ends are trying to take the piss out them. Call me stuck in my ways, but the amount of away fans that used to come up here when I was a kid/teenager in the eighties was always minimal. Now we're inviting more away fans up and removing the antidote, The L7 corner. The same corner that gives this bastard grief. I've said before and I'll say it again, Llambias and Ashley HATE it when they give him stick. They tried it on with L7 with the membership scheme, now they're getting rid of L7 all together. The atmosphere will suffer just as it did when they couldn't control the old Leazes end and knocked it down. Another own goal which will hurt NUFC. It'll also hurt me as I won't be moved elsewhere, so thats why I'm out.

So far only Stevie seems to have grasped the utter shitness of this decision and has seemed to have been genuinely gutted. You can add me to that small list. I'll be back. Possibly. Not until he's gone, not until I can get my seat back, (or somewhere close to it.)

As for the rest of it, just like the 3 year deal, it's a way to get as many people to renew by taking their eyes off the way the club is being turned from NUFC of the nineties to NUFC of the eighties, happy to stay in the league and hope for a good cup run. In fact the current mob don't even hanker for a cup run. Fuck that! What if it interferes with our fight to stay up? No risks allowed in the Gravy train.

Good riddance. Will miss the crack, but will not miss Sports Direct staining our ground.

Guest Your Name Here
I'll start by saying the following is no comfort for fans being moved and if I was in your shoes I would be equally pissed off.

Simon Esland, Newcastle United head of customer operations came on Radio Newcastle total sport to explain the changes in season tickets etc. He came across very well and put the case for the changes across equally well.

With regard to the family section. It is currently sold out and when families ring for tickets week on week there is no space to fit them in, even though the ground is not sold out. It is sensible to extend the section rather than to set up another family section elsewhere in the ground.

The 18-21 section is designed to allow those kids that reach 18 in the family section, an area to move into without having to pay full adult price for 3 years.

The away section is being extended to give the club flexibility to increase the allocation to travelling fans if feasible. The ground is not sold out so being able to offer travelling clubs a further 500 seats is good business sense. Depending on the match, the club may decide to keep those extra 500 seats for home fans, if they think they can sell them.

He also mentioned that they would be re-starting the fans forum meetings.....Pud take note.

All well and good but the most empty seats are in the lower Milburn, and they will be equally empty next season. These changes won’t fill a single empty seat in the lower Milburn.

If there are families (and I agree 100% with NJS on this issue) desperate for tickets give them an option to buy discounted tickets in the lower Milburn. Better to get some money for these seats than none at all.

What irks me about this is the pettiness of it all. Take the compulsory 12th Man membership or whatever it’s called. Get 25,000 season ticket holders and it raises less than £400k, less than half the amount of money Ashley reputedly blew at Aspers a week or two back. On the scale of things it’s just poxy penny pinching.

As far as I can tell the new pricing strategy is all about pissing of the most vocal objectors to Ashley’s tenure and bamboozling the punters with an overly complex range of deals.... with a sizable helping of pressure sales thrown in for good measure.

In terms of logistics, the family enclosure should be as close as possible to the corporate area which, as you say, has plenty of space. Trouble is that's slap bang in the premium seats are and therefore there's not a cat in hell's chance of that one happening.

So ultimately finance comes before the fans again. I get exactly what you're saying btw Howmanheyman, the atmosphere is being destroyed from the one end of the ground that really does go for it.

It suits him all ends up - fuck the fans basically, and then they've got the fucking cheek to say they care.

Guest Your Name Here
This the end for me. There's not many seriously mourning the loss of this end (L7 Corner) on here, let alone the wider public. I love being able to have a drink, go to the game and stand up all match and back my club/give away supporters stick. I wouldn't move to another part of the ground if they offered me the same price, let alone expect me to pay more. I've sat in other sections in this all seater stadium of ours and I just can't stand sitting next to people who do a very passsable impression of not really giving a fuck about NUFC or the fact that 3,000 bell ends are trying to take the piss out them. Call me stuck in my ways, but the amount of away fans that used to come up here when I was a kid/teenager in the eighties was always minimal. Now we're inviting more away fans up and removing the antidote, The L7 corner. The same corner that gives this bastard grief. I've said before and I'll say it again, Llambias and Ashley HATE it when they give him stick. They tried it on with L7 with the membership scheme, now they're getting rid of L7 all together. The atmosphere will suffer just as it did when they couldn't control the old Leazes end and knocked it down. Another own goal which will hurt NUFC. It'll also hurt me as I won't be moved elsewhere, so thats why I'm out.

So far only Stevie seems to have grasped the utter shitness of this decision and has seemed to have been genuinely gutted. You can add me to that small list. I'll be back. Possibly. Not until he's gone, not until I can get my seat back, (or somewhere close to it.)

As for the rest of it, just like the 3 year deal, it's a way to get as many people to renew by taking their eyes off the way the club is being turned from NUFC of the nineties to NUFC of the eighties, happy to stay in the league and hope for a good cup run. In fact the current mob don't even hanker for a cup run. Fuck that! What if it interferes with our fight to stay up? No risks allowed in the Gravy train.

Good riddance. Will miss the crack, but will not miss Sports Direct staining our ground.

The club have offered a reason why the LC is going to be filled with families, but haven’t explained why the singing section can’t be moved somewhere else. As the singing section was their idea you’d think they might explain why there won’t be one anymore.

People mock the east stand but it makes more noise than the current family section. Increasing the numbers in this section, scrapping the singing section and giving more tickets to away supporters.... it’ll be great for the atmosphere.

NUFC is being destroyed from the inside. Many won’t accept this but it’s clear as day that’s what's happening.

Edited by Your Name Here

Guest Your Name Here
In terms of logistics, the family enclosure should be as close as possible to the corporate area which, as you say, has plenty of space. Trouble is that's slap bang in the premium seats are and therefore there's not a cat in hell's chance of that one happening.

So ultimately finance comes before the fans again. I get exactly what you're saying btw Howmanheyman, the atmosphere is being destroyed from the one end of the ground that really does go for it.

It suits him all ends up - fuck the fans basically, and then they've got the fucking cheek to say they care.

Premium seats that aren’t being sold. He’d never let stock in his shop go unsold, it would be discounted and discounted until somebody bought it.

It’s the seats in the wings of the lower Millburn they can’t shift. Reduce the prices in the wings and move the singing section to the lower NW corner and everyone is happy?

Edited by Your Name Here

Link?

:lol:

The club have offered a reason why the LC is going to be filled with families, but haven’t explained why the singing section can’t be moved somewhere else. As the singing section was their idea you’d think they might explain why there won’t be one anymore.

People mock the east stand but it makes more noise than the current family section. Increasing the numbers in this section, scrapping the singing section and giving more tickets to away supporters.... it’ll be great for the atmosphere.

He’s killings the club. Many won’t accept this but it’s clear as day that’s what he’s doing.

We all know why there not moving the section en masse, even if they could do this logistically, it would be like having the power to remove an ASBO family in your street to another house in the same street. As much as I detest the pair of these dickheads, I'd still have a slight, very slight, bit more respect for them if they just come out and said we can't stand this section, they're ungrateful to the Great Mike and we'd rather they didn't sit together any more. They don't like being called names, therefore we're getting moved. It's his club, he can do what he wants. He won't see me in there again till he's gone, and can kiss my money goodbye.

Link?

None in particular :lol: but all this shit you hear from Llambias saying how he understands the fans...

Fuck right off man!

Guest Your Name Here

He’s killings the club. Many won’t accept this but it’s clear as day that’s what he’s doing.

We all know why there not moving the section en masse, even if they could do this logistically, it would be like having the power to remove an ASBO family in your street to another house in the same street. As much as I detest the pair of these dickheads, I'd still have a slight, very slight, bit more respect for them if they just come out and said we can't stand this section, they're ungrateful to the Great Mike and we'd rather they didn't sit together any more. They don't like being called names, therefore we're getting moved. It's his club, he can do what he wants. He won't see me in there again till he's gone, and can kiss my money goodbye.

We do, and as you say they could at least have the guts to say so.

The chanting at SJP next season will probably boil down to a verse of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and a high pitched rendition of Humpty Dumpty Fell Off The Wall.

Edited by Your Name Here

“It gives them some ability to plan their budgets going forward. What we are basically saying is that whatever deal you were on previously we will guarantee that price going forward for the next ten years.

“The overarching message is that whatever price you have been paying previously is the same price you will pay going forward, plus an extra £15 to become a member.

“Plus, if you bought a season ticket when we were in the Championship we will also give it you at a cheaper price as a thank-you for supporting us when we were in the second tier.”

Ticket prices

2001-02 2008-09 2011-12

Adult Junior Adult Junior Adult Junior

Gallowgate £392 £241 £543 £277 £558 £272

Family Area £299 £125 £330 £110 £345 £100

Eh? that makes no sense at all, two of my mates in the Gallowgate and they both pay £510

I was in North East Corner and it was just under £500.

Theres nothing in the blurb that states the prices will be £525 and £515 respectively. The stuff in the Ronnie stated that STs will price from £558

As for those fans on twitter saying moving the singing corner will have no effect on atmosphere then they must be on something.

Link?

None in particular :lol: but all this shit you hear from Llambias saying how he understands the fans...

Fuck right off man!

Always go to the compendium man, it's the reference for exactly this situation....

"I think the fans will see in the future that we do care."

Guest Marshall-Barnes
“It gives them some ability to plan their budgets going forward. What we are basically saying is that whatever deal you were on previously we will guarantee that price going forward for the next ten years.

“The overarching message is that whatever price you have been paying previously is the same price you will pay going forward, plus an extra £15 to become a member.

“Plus, if you bought a season ticket when we were in the Championship we will also give it you at a cheaper price as a thank-you for supporting us when we were in the second tier.”

Ticket prices

2001-02 2008-09 2011-12

Adult Junior Adult Junior Adult Junior

Gallowgate £392 £241 £543 £277 £558 £272

Family Area £299 £125 £330 £110 £345 £100

Eh? that makes no sense at all, two of my mates in the Gallowgate and they both pay £510

I was in North East Corner and it was just under £500.

Theres nothing in the blurb that states the prices will be £525 and £515 respectively. The stuff in the Ronnie stated that STs will price from £558

As for those fans on twitter saying moving the singing corner will have no effect on atmosphere then they must be on something.

I saw that kid you were talking to "Toontastic", he was talking the biggest load of shite I've seen on Twitter. It will be catastrophic for the atmosphere.

Yet another example of the club taking the piss straight out of the fans. Why anyone would consider renewing is beyond me.

I guarantee that one of the key pieces of MI for the club this summer will be renewal rates. They know they've been taking the piss, sacking a promising manager to appoint their mate, selling our best young player, and hinting at the sales of others, and now seat moves and price hikes. They'll be looking at renewal rates across the board, renewal rates of the 3 year people, and particularly renewal rates of the people they're moving. If renewal rates are high, it's just a green light for them to keep taking the piss.

I mean from their perspective there isn't much more they could do to show their disdain for the fans, so high renewal rates in the summer will tell them that not only can they jam their fists up the fans' arses, they can expect the fans to help guide it in, and then back onto it. I can only imagine the smiles on their faces when they get presented with the MI and are like "These are the people we forcibly moved AND handed a 50% price increase too. Fuck me! :lol: "

Don't give them the satisfaction or the green light to repeat this stuff.

If the number of families is at an all time high and demand outstrips capacity and saturday was the best atmosphere since 'Tino', how does the correlation between familiies and shit atmosphere get passed off without any discussion?

Not saying its wrong, just asking the question.

If the number of families is at an all time high and demand outstrips capacity and saturday was the best atmosphere since 'Tino', how does the correlation between familiies and shit atmosphere get passed off without any discussion?

I have no problem with a family section, obviously having a family.

But apart from that, I still think its a good idea and I would bet that in a few years time when some of the young uns on here who are complaining, have little uns of their own, they will only be too delighted to take them to the match with them.

While those getting shifted are rightly unhappy, overall the 10 year deal and 10% discounts for championship ticket holders are decent moves.

Chezney, if you are going to play the contrarian you can surely do better than this.

Even Christmas Tree wouldn't have the temerity to pass this off

Chezney, if you are going to play the contrarian you can surely do better than this.

Even Christmas Tree wouldn't have the temerity to pass this off

Oh come on, was just asking a question. How can it be contrarian if i also state i am not saying the position is wrong?

There are of course exceptions to the rule, but going to the match throughout your life is like going for a night out.

Teens, lots of clubbing and going mental / Standing and singing in the singing section

20's, starting to feel a tad old but still give it a good go. Bit more tongue in cheek though.

30's, Clubbings over but still like to have a nice time at the local, but now starting to hope theres a nice seat waiting so you dont have to stand.

40's, Rather go for a nice civilised meal / Bar 1892

50's, Game of bingo at the social club / East stand.