What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They aren't gonna let you relocate en masse to another area. I would imagine the box office are under orders on that one.

How could they stop that though?

They could easily have a rule that says "no more than x number relocate from L7 to each of the different areas". Once that numbers filled they simply tell the remaining requestors that their chosen seat's not available".

On that logic, you'd be better off not relocating as such but simply purchasing a new ST from scratch so they have less chance of spotting this or all agreeing not to renew and then using flash mob style tactics, moving from area to area on a game by game basis.

Right well there are 4 blocks at the back of level 4, people have just gotta try every block, we've gotta at least find out if theyre going to lie about whats avaialble and if a lot of people get the same response then we know whats going on. You could always buy tickets game by game in that area instead.

From a Gallowgate regular

Saturday in the Gallowgate was fantastic and the exact type of atmosphere that is impossible to generate with lots of spotty kids from Heworth and Washington singing unfunny songs about their shoes; would rather they take their antics elsewhere
Edited by Toonpack

Saturday in the Gallowgate was fantastic and the exact type of atmosphere that is impossible to generate with lots of spotty kids from Heworth and Washington singing unfunny songs about their shoes; would rather they take their antics elsewhere

He sounds like an arsehole. Is it you? :lol:

Thing is like, do that and you lose the 10% 'discount'.

If you qualified, many of L7 are just glory hunters, only here for the Premiership.

[/lightsbluetouchpaperandruns]

:lol:

On the subject of keeping the same price for 10 years, what is the current cost to go to a Blue Square game? We'll have the most expensive tickets in non-league history :lol:

Guest Marshall-Barnes

:lol: :lol: It wasn't me. Where's that from, he has a point to a degree about some people in Level 7. "Small town in Tottenham" you just think oh dear.

:lol: :lol: It wasn't me. Where's that from, he has a point to a degree about some people in Level 7. "Small town in Tottenham" you just think oh dear.

The shoes off and pogo stuff makes me cringe. As much as I'd like everyone to know I've just spend £70 on a brand spanking new pair of Onitsuka Tigers I feel like a reet twat waving them around for all to see.

The shoes off and pogo stuff makes me cringe. As much as I'd like everyone to know I've just spend £70 on a brand spanking new pair of Onitsuka Tigers I feel like a reet twat waving them around for all to see.

They don't even pogo, they dance from foot to foot with hands in the air. I pogo, hands in fists at the hips with large single bounds from both feet :lol:

I don't actually "turn around" when Shola turns on the style either.

They don't even pogo, they dance from foot to foot with hands in the air. I pogo, hands in fists at the hips with large single bounds from both feet :lol:

Keep it quiet but I rarely clap my hands when I'm asked to do so during a chorus of Proud to be a Geordie. It's laziness rather than owt else.

Edited by Ketsbaia

Guest Marshall-Barnes

They do the same with their hands in the air with a clenched fist, Italia 90 Gazza lets all have a disco style.

is it going be the same price when we get relegated after selling tiote enrique etc?

Yes. Simon Esland, "customer relations" guy from NUFC said on the radio last night that price would be the same, with no money back if we're relegated.

The atmosphere on Saturday would never have reached it's crescendo had it not been for the lads in the corner that kept singing through the whole game, even while we were four nowt down. The rest of the corner to my left towards the away fans are pro-active...the families to my right are reactive.

Although I appreciate their efforts I'm not sure that I agree with this .

I used to have my season ticket in Ultra-ville and while the atmosphere and standing was very enjoyable up there (bar some of the more immature nonsense chanting) the reality I found sitting in the Gallowgate (and indeed have found sitting in other parts of the ground now and again) for the Arsenal game was that the sound created up there just doesn't carry.

Other than a few muted "FCB" chants I couldn't hear a thing they may or may not have been chanting and any atmosphere that built up in and around where I was sat came solely as a response to events on the pitch.

That's always been the problem with the location of the "singing section", they're stuffed so far from the pitch that the players can't even hear them.

I sort of take your point that there could be a domino effect but again, I think on Saturday, it was less about chanting and more about a wall of noise in response to the events on the pitch; events that can't really be said to be influenced by supporters chanting songs that are lost in the stratosphere.

Edited by MichaelNUFC

Guest Marshall-Baines

qohi5x.jpg

I've put in pink where I am now, and where I'm moving to I think, seems everyone heading for Level 4, is that is the case that's where I'll be. Important question though, has it got a bar in that corner? Can you stand up at the back without obstructing someones view?

Guest Marshall-Baines
Stevie has just revealed his seat, anyone who isn't a 'wrong'un' look away now.

;)

People who sit in level 7 put dots as to where you's sit on that pic I've put up. It might not be the end of the world moving like, might even like it I have a few pals who sit in the front row as it gans, not sitting doon there though, I get gawped at enough in the ground off old and young without being on telly every week as well.

Put dots where your seats are @HMHM @mtthwbrggs @HF @Othercuntswhositthere

;)

People who sit in level 7 put dots as to where you's sit on that pic I've put up. It might not be the end of the world moving like, might even like it I have a few pals who sit in the front row as it gans, not sitting doon there though, I get gawped at enough in the ground off old and young without being on telly every week as well.

I can't do it but I sit more or less level where you are but directly up, about seven rows from the top of L7.

so whats gained by doing this then? I understood the 3 year plan, club gets cash in early, fans save money, everyones a winner (well until we were relegated and everyone else had a price freeze as well).

But whats gained by the club on doing this?

I can only guess at two possibles and anyone with more knowledge on finances (ie any knowledge) feel free to put me right on this.

1. It works as a sales pitch for the club ie there a "guaranteed" income in ST sales for next 9 years. ;)

2. Same again but as a form of "proof of income" for a loan, overdraft etc. :D

Membership with a get out is no form of guaranteed income, so I don't think it's for financing purposes- at least not from a bank.

I suspect this is some kind of pricing psychology. Lock in your price and if you don't renew in 3 years- that's fine, but you'll have to pay the going rate at that time. People will not like the idea of having to pay more in the future (as football is inherently blessed with a naive optimism) and will hold onto their tickets even if under normal circumstances they would jack it. People are loss averse and do not want to be the mug paying twice what everyone else in their block is in 2017.

Just like the three-year deal, a club expecting positive progress should be able to count on future support (and higher prices) on the back of on-field success. A club trying to lock these things in clearly does not expect to be able to use attractive football to bring in the punters, so will use gamblers' mind tricks instead.

good point. Clever. Fat bastard.

Guest Marshall-Baines

;)

I can't do it but I sit more or less level where you are but directly up, about seven rows from the top of L7.

You don't wear a multi coloured wig do you?

:D

You don't wear a multi coloured wig do you?

;)

No, and I spotted him sitting much nearer the away fans than where I sit.

Edited by Howmanheyman