What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

I'll start by saying the following is no comfort for fans being moved and if I was in your shoes I would be equally pissed off.

Simon Esland, Newcastle United head of customer operations came on Radio Newcastle total sport to explain the changes in season tickets etc. He came across very well and put the case for the changes across equally well.

With regard to the family section. It is currently sold out and when families ring for tickets week on week there is no space to fit them in, even though the ground is not sold out. It is sensible to extend the section rather than to set up another family section elsewhere in the ground.

The 18-21 section is designed to allow those kids that reach 18 in the family section, an area to move into without having to pay full adult price for 3 years.

The away section is being extended to give the club flexibility to increase the allocation to travelling fans if feasible. The ground is not sold out so being able to offer travelling clubs a further 500 seats is good business sense. Depending on the match, the club may decide to keep those extra 500 seats for home fans, if they think they can sell them.

He also mentioned that they would be re-starting the fans forum meetings.....Pud take note.

considering the national furore over the last time this sort of thing was done...........at least we saw the money invested as much as possible in quality footballers.

What a load of crap. While realising the value of expanding family enclosures and getting the younger support, this is also and admittance that his policies are resulting in smaller crowds and fanbase appeal.

Take note these cretins who are asking where the money should come from to speculate.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marshall-Baines
Stevie has just revealed his seat, anyone who isn't a 'wrong'un' look away now.

:D

People who sit in level 7 put dots as to where you's sit on that pic I've put up. It might not be the end of the world moving like, might even like it I have a few pals who sit in the front row as it gans, not sitting doon there though, I get gawped at enough in the ground off old and young without being on telly every week as well.

Put dots where your seats are @HMHM @mtthwbrggs @HF @Othercuntswhositthere

I can't do it but I sit more or less level where you are but directly up, about seven rows from the top of L7.

You don't wear a multi coloured wig do you?

;)

No, and I spotted him sitting much nearer the away fans than where I sit.

:blush: Aye a naa just teasing. That Omar Mirza who does the scores in the chronicle, I always see him wandering round.

The atmosphere on Saturday would never have reached it's crescendo had it not been for the lads in the corner that kept singing through the whole game, even while we were four nowt down. The rest of the corner to my left towards the away fans are pro-active...the families to my right are reactive.

Although I appreciate their efforts I'm not sure that I agree with this .

I used to have my season ticket in Ultra-ville and while the atmosphere and standing was very enjoyable up there (bar some of the more immature nonsense chanting) the reality I found sitting in the Gallowgate (and indeed have found sitting in other parts of the ground now and again) for the Arsenal game was that the sound created up there just doesn't carry.

Other than a few muted "FCB" chants I couldn't hear a thing they may or may not have been chanting and any atmosphere that built up in and around where I was sat came solely as a response to events on the pitch.

That's always been the problem with the location of the "singing section", they're stuffed so far from the pitch that the players can't even hear them.

I sort of take your point that there could be a domino effect but again, I think on Saturday, it was less about chanting and more about a wall of noise in response to the events on the pitch; events that can't really be said to be influenced by supporters chanting songs that are lost in the stratosphere.

Are you that pro-Ashley cunt on Newcastle Online who kept having a go at me for criticising Ashley ?

The atmosphere on Saturday would never have reached it's crescendo had it not been for the lads in the corner that kept singing through the whole game, even while we were four nowt down. The rest of the corner to my left towards the away fans are pro-active...the families to my right are reactive.

I used to have my season ticket in Ultra-ville and while the atmosphere and standing was very enjoyable up there (bar some of the more immature nonsense chanting) the reality I found sitting in the Gallowgate (and indeed have found sitting in other parts of the ground now and again) for the Arsenal game was that the sound created up there just doesn't carry.

Other than a few muted "FCB" chants I couldn't hear a thing they may or may not have been chanting and any atmosphere that built up in and around where I was sat came solely as a response to events on the pitch.

That's always been the problem with the location of the "singing section", they're stuffed so far from the pitch that the players can't even hear them.

I sort of take your point that there could be a domino effect but again, I think on Saturday, it was less about chanting and more about a wall of noise in response to the events on the pitch; events that can't really be said to be influenced by supporters chanting songs that are lost in the stratosphere.

Are you that pro-Ashley cunt on Newcastle Online who kept having a go at me for criticising Ashley ?

Leazes, Leazes, Leazes.

Michael is actually one of the founders of the NUSC you tit. He looks at things objectively, something you're incapable of doing.

The man knows more about the ins and outs of football ownership etc than you could dream of.

Leazes, Leazes, Leazes.

Michael is actually one of the founders of the NUSC you tit. He looks at things objectively, something you're incapable of doing.

The man knows more about the ins and outs of football ownership etc than you could dream of.

just a question. Who says the founders of NUSC didn't misguidedly support Mike Ashley in the beginning ? Most did exactly that. As to whether he knows more than me about NUFC, who can say ?

Whey the away fans can hear the corner....and even at four nil, if you could hear anything, it was Newcastle chants. That wasn't thanks to any events on the pitch. The Conkeys made some noise, but we always gave it back. Families are just going to sit and drink their Juicy Fruits and eat their Maltesers in that situation. It'll be embarrassing.

Edited by Happy Face

29v0y9u.jpg

Red dot on the back wall. Not too far away from Happy Face :D

Are you the one who took the "rapist" banner? :blush:

No, although I was one of the people who held it up ;)

I didn't know what it said, I strolled in and there was a banner on the seat in front so when the teams came out I did as everyone else did and held it up. I logged onto N-O later that night and saw a picture of said banner and my pasty, girlish hands peeking over the top of it :icon_lol:

Whey the away fans can hear the corner....and even at four nil, if you could hear anything, it was Newcastle chants. That wasn't thanks to any events on the pitch. The Conkeys made some noise, but we always gave it back. Families are just going to sit and drink their Juicy Fruits and eat their Maltesers in that situation. It'll be embarrassing.

Yeah, one of the positives of having the singing section located there is that they do a good job of nullifying noise from the away support and, as I say, its made for some memorable banter over the past few years. Its just unfortunate that the noise they produce evidently doesn't carry down to other parts of the ground or, perhaps more importantly, the pitch where the players might be roused by it.

I agree though that putting the family section next to away fans is madness...if only because of what those families are going to have their ears exposed to. ;)

Edited by MichaelNUFC

qohi5x.jpg

I've put in pink where I am now, and where I'm moving to I think, seems everyone heading for Level 4, is that is the case that's where I'll be. Important question though, has it got a bar in that corner? Can you stand up at the back without obstructing someones view?

Yeah mate, I sat there right at the back of level 4 for the Blackpool game earlier in the season. There's a wall few snobs sat behind in some boxes behind but you can stand up nee bother. Simpson was in one of them behind us chattin' two lasses up during the game. I prefer being a little bit further down in level 4, it's pretty good viewing from there, better than up in level 7. I like it there because you get the atmosphere of level 7 just above you but you get the better view as well.

Guest Marshall-Baines

People who sit in level 7 put dots as to where you's sit on that pic I've put up. It might not be the end of the world moving like, might even like it I have a few pals who sit in the front row as it gans, not sitting doon there though, I get gawped at enough in the ground off old and young without being on telly every week as well.

I can't do it but I sit more or less level where you are but directly up, about seven rows from the top of L7.

;)

I don't like this view like at all for more reasons than one. Back of the Gallowgate could be an option there's a full section nearly empty there. Plus the people in the L4 Corner now I look down and it's like a fuckin church gathering. Respectful clapping everyone seated. This is going to take some effort this.

Guest Your Name Here

;)

I don't like this view like at all for more reasons than one. Back of the Gallowgate could be an option there's a full section nearly empty there. Plus the people in the L4 Corner now I look down and it's like a fuckin church gathering. Respectful clapping everyone seated. This is going to take some effort this.

Do they bog off when the team are losing?

Guest Marshall-Baines
Stevie blocking out the bottom of the screen so no one can see hes got his "golden folder" open. ;)

Forgot he had his RTG tab on standbye though, DOH!!!

No actually because it has my work station IP, and with wronguns like you who can blame me. I only use Google Chrome now and the tabs are at the top. Wouldn't be surprised if you divulged what I asked you before you're that sly.

Guest Marshall-Baines

;)

Who?

Guest Your Name Here

;)

Who?

The supporters you’re slagging off for sitting down and clapping.

Stevie blocking out the bottom of the screen so no one can see hes got his "golden folder" open. ;)

No actually because it has my work station IP, and with wronguns like you who can blame me. I only use Google Chrome now and the tabs are at the top. Wouldn't be surprised if you divulged what I asked you before you're that sly.

What goes on PM stays on PM Stevie boy. I would expect the same from you too fella.

Guest Marshall-Baines

;)

Who?

The supporters you’re slagging off for sitting down and clapping.

I'd be amazed if they had a better record for fucking off than 1 in 700.

Guest Marshall-Baines

What goes on PM stays on PM Stevie boy. I would expect the same from you too fella.

In hindsight from what you've said in the past it would've been a ridiculous amount anyway.

In hindsight from what you've said in the past it would've been a ridiculous amount anyway.

paid 50 for mine...for a man of your means Im sure thats nae bother.

Guest Marshall-Baines

No but I remember you on about 72s and that was 2 or 3 years ago. Millwall v QPR looks quite appealing, local for me too and cheap as chips, gives me a chance to see Taraabt first hand too.

No but I remember you on about 72s and that was 2 or 3 years ago. Millwall v QPR looks quite appealing, local for me too and cheap as chips, gives me a chance to see Taraabt first hand too.

Only in with the padded seat mob Stevie, you wouldnt fit in up there anyway.

Ah Tarrabt, feet of a god, brain of DEADMAN.