What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

Guest Your Name Here
Stevie has just revealed his seat, anyone who isn't a 'wrong'un' look away now.

:D

People who sit in level 7 put dots as to where you's sit on that pic I've put up. It might not be the end of the world moving like, might even like it I have a few pals who sit in the front row as it gans, not sitting doon there though, I get gawped at enough in the ground off old and young without being on telly every week as well.

Put dots where your seats are @HMHM @mtthwbrggs @HF @Othercuntswhositthere

I can't do it but I sit more or less level where you are but directly up, about seven rows from the top of L7.

You don't wear a multi coloured wig do you?

;)

No, and I spotted him sitting much nearer the away fans than where I sit.

I don't like this view like at all for more reasons than one. Back of the Gallowgate could be an option there's a full section nearly empty there. Plus the people in the L4 Corner now I look down and it's like a fuckin church gathering. Respectful clapping everyone seated. This is going to take some effort this.

Do they bog off when the team are losing?

Who?

The supporters you’re slagging off for sitting down and clapping.

I'd be amazed if they had a better record for fucking off than 1 in 700.

I had a ST down there when we lost 2-6 to MU and lots of people fucked off ten minutes into the second half, and all in all it’s not the most vibrant part of the ground. Still it’s a bit rich to criticise how they support the club when you withdrew yours at half time.

I didn’t want to get drawn into this debate but here we are. Whatever anybody says there is a sizable element in the LC who think they are better supporters than everybody else, when in fact the only real difference between them and everybody else is that they occupy a part of the ground where they can enjoy away game privileges. Privileges they have taken for granted and now lost. It’ll be interesting to see how many of them stand up for 90 minutes (or even 45) next season.

No offense intended. I can understand why you fucked off. Perhaps you might try and understand why some other parts of the ground are more sedate? It’s usually has more to do with the stewarding culture than the individuals therein. The contribution of the LC over the last few years has made a difference at many home games and it’ll be a shame to see it go.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marshall-Baines
Stevie blocking out the bottom of the screen so no one can see hes got his "golden folder" open. ;)

Forgot he had his RTG tab on standbye though, DOH!!!

No actually because it has my work station IP, and with wronguns like you who can blame me. I only use Google Chrome now and the tabs are at the top. Wouldn't be surprised if you divulged what I asked you before you're that sly.

What goes on PM stays on PM Stevie boy. I would expect the same from you too fella.

In hindsight from what you've said in the past it would've been a ridiculous amount anyway.

paid 50 for mine...for a man of your means Im sure thats nae bother.

No but I remember you on about 72s and that was 2 or 3 years ago. Millwall v QPR looks quite appealing, local for me too and cheap as chips, gives me a chance to see Taraabt first hand too.

Only in with the padded seat mob Stevie, you wouldnt fit in up there anyway.

Ah Tarrabt, feet of a god, brain of DEADMAN.

Kemsley does and he's common as fuck.

Guest Marshall-Baines

People who sit in level 7 put dots as to where you's sit on that pic I've put up. It might not be the end of the world moving like, might even like it I have a few pals who sit in the front row as it gans, not sitting doon there though, I get gawped at enough in the ground off old and young without being on telly every week as well.

I can't do it but I sit more or less level where you are but directly up, about seven rows from the top of L7.

;)

I don't like this view like at all for more reasons than one. Back of the Gallowgate could be an option there's a full section nearly empty there. Plus the people in the L4 Corner now I look down and it's like a fuckin church gathering. Respectful clapping everyone seated. This is going to take some effort this.

Who?

I had a ST down there when we lost 2-6 to MU and lots of people fucked off ten minutes into the second half, and all in all it’s not the most vibrant part of the ground. Still it’s a bit rich to criticise how they support the club when you withdrew yours at half time.

I didn’t want to get drawn into this debate but here we are. Whatever anybody says there is a sizable element in the LC who think they are better supporters than everybody else, when in fact the only real difference between them and everybody else is that they occupy a part of the ground where they can enjoy away game privileges. Privileges they have taken for granted and now lost. It’ll be interesting to see how many of them stand up for 90 minutes (or even 45) next season.

No offense intended. I can understand why you fucked off. Perhaps you might try and understand why some other parts of the ground are more sedate? It’s usually has more to do with the stewarding culture than the individuals therein. The contribution of the LC over the last few years has made a difference at many home games and it’ll be a shame to see it go.

Mate I sat in the Leazes lower from 93 to 2005, aged from 15 to 27, and the problem was no one ever left, every year it was the same people. Everyone aged together. So your 40 year old was 52 by 2005, was like a mothers meeting round me, the whole Leazes grew old together, grew miserable together, hugging and kissing each other at the final game of the season like they were waving them off at the airport, THEY'D FUCKIN SEE THEM AGAIN IN 12 WEEKS. The Leazes slowly became boring as fuck, which is why I needed out. Killing Level 7 will squeeze the life out of the ground. Mark my words, and I know not everyone in the leazes is some kind of Tarquin, but surely you can see my point too.

Guest Your Name Here

;)

Who?

Mate I sat in the Leazes lower from 93 to 2005, aged from 15 to 27, and the problem was no one ever left, every year it was the same people. Everyone aged together. So your 40 year old was 52 by 2005, was like a mothers meeting round me, the whole Leazes grew old together, grew miserable together, hugging and kissing each other at the final game of the season like they were waving them off at the airport, THEY'D FUCKIN SEE THEM AGAIN IN 12 WEEKS. The Leazes slowly became boring as fuck, which is why I needed out. Killing Level 7 will squeeze the life out of the ground. Mark my words, and I know not everyone in the leazes is some kind of Tarquin, but surely you can see my point too.

I’ve been going since the early 80’s and the culture at football grounds has changed dramatically. Gone are the days when everybody in the ground was actually interested in football. The number of people who spend most the game fiddling with their phones or going for a slash every five minutes is unbelievable. I’ve moved all over the ground looking for somewhere that has escaped the dilution and the only place that comes close is the LC. Unfortunately there’s also an undercurrent of infantile self regard that makes it a doubled edged sword. As much as its vocal contribution is appreciated its ‘your support is fucking shit’ tendencies make it a bit of an embarrassment as well.

When we had terraces the demographics of the support found a natural balance. Singing sections are artificial and it shows. The solution, if there is one, is to have more than one singing section. Catalysts around the ground to get the noise going. Just having one singing section bunged in the far corner hasn’t really helped the atmosphere; it’s just masked a deeper problem. Created a division some are only too keen to use to big themselves up.

I fully understand why you chose to settle in the LC. I just think you’re being a bit harsh on those who haven’t.

Some great points in the above . With terraces you could always slink away from the berks and like-minded folk naturally grouped over time . You could forge your own matchday. Without wishing to be trite or cliched its hard not to go back to simply saying 'its not what it used to be' . The very nature of being physically seated the main reason . As you say a dual singing section caper would be great but cant see it ever happening too soon given the dynamics . One of the best examples of this ive experienced was Marseille in UEFA semi 94 with the opposite banks behind goal singing backwards and forwards . Atmosphere it generated was incredible - and they were uncovered ! Granted they had fetched in their own mini PA's to stoke it up but great nontheless . Oh and they were standing too . Rip out the seats and get a few karaoke machines along and it'd be rockin !

From .COM....

Confirmation here that the Level Seven "singing section" at St.James' Park is to be abolished has unsurprisingly provoked a reaction from many of those fans affected.

And although the club made no plans to relocate fans en masse to another area, they seem prepared to consider any fan-led request for a co-ordinated seat transfer.

Some fans have set up a Facebook page (Leazes Corner Level 4) and are collecting names of anyone affected who is interested in moving along with like-minded supporters.

You can contact them via the following email address: singingsectionsjp@hotmail.co.uk

As the name of the Facebook group implies, one fan-led suggestion that looks to be gaining popularity is to drop down a tier from NW7 to NW4, although that does then mean purchasing tickets in a higher price category.

We'll endeavour to keep you updated on any progress.

The club will "consider it" and then announce that its not fair on those that currently sit in L4/ Leazes/ Gallowgate/ any other part of the ground to have the Singing section forced on them or to make them move seats and for that reason they cannot facilitate a move.

;)

That's the fella that has 'Scud' on the back of his shirt I think? Can't miss him at aways!

Guest Marshall-Baines

;)

That's the fella that has 'Scud' on the back of his shirt I think? Can't miss him at aways!

Mug would be more appropriate.

Guest Marshall-Baines

;)

Who?

I’ve been going since the early 80’s and the culture at football grounds has changed dramatically. Gone are the days when everybody in the ground was actually interested in football. The number of people who spend most the game fiddling with their phones or going for a slash every five minutes is unbelievable. I’ve moved all over the ground looking for somewhere that has escaped the dilution and the only place that comes close is the LC. Unfortunately there’s also an undercurrent of infantile self regard that makes it a doubled edged sword. As much as its vocal contribution is appreciated its ‘your support is fucking shit’ tendencies make it a bit of an embarrassment as well.

When we had terraces the demographics of the support found a natural balance. Singing sections are artificial and it shows. The solution, if there is one, is to have more than one singing section. Catalysts around the ground to get the noise going. Just having one singing section bunged in the far corner hasn’t really helped the atmosphere; it’s just masked a deeper problem. Created a division some are only too keen to use to big themselves up.

I fully understand why you chose to settle in the LC. I just think you’re being a bit harsh on those who haven’t.

Good post mate, but I don't class myself as superior, and the points you raise emphasise the need for some sort of mass movement. I'd be in favour of a bit of ethnic cleansing myself, clearing everyone out of the Leazes who wants to sit in silence to other parts of the ground, and putting 15,000 people (I'm guessing) who want to stand, shout, swear and passionately back the side for 90 minutes. We'd consistently have one of the great atmosphere's in Europe if we did something like that.

might walk up and say hello to him ;) [if I can that is]

Edited by LeazesMag

The atmosphere on Saturday would never have reached it's crescendo had it not been for the lads in the corner that kept singing through the whole game, even while we were four nowt down. The rest of the corner to my left towards the away fans are pro-active...the families to my right are reactive.

Although I appreciate their efforts I'm not sure that I agree with this .

I used to have my season ticket in Ultra-ville and while the atmosphere and standing was very enjoyable up there (bar some of the more immature nonsense chanting) the reality I found sitting in the Gallowgate (and indeed have found sitting in other parts of the ground now and again) for the Arsenal game was that the sound created up there just doesn't carry.

Other than a few muted "FCB" chants I couldn't hear a thing they may or may not have been chanting and any atmosphere that built up in and around where I was sat came solely as a response to events on the pitch.

That's always been the problem with the location of the "singing section", they're stuffed so far from the pitch that the players can't even hear them.

I sort of take your point that there could be a domino effect but again, I think on Saturday, it was less about chanting and more about a wall of noise in response to the events on the pitch; events that can't really be said to be influenced by supporters chanting songs that are lost in the stratosphere.

Are you that pro-Ashley cunt on Newcastle Online who kept having a go at me for criticising Ashley ?

Leazes, Leazes, Leazes.

Michael is actually one of the founders of the NUSC you tit. He looks at things objectively, something you're incapable of doing.

The man knows more about the ins and outs of football ownership etc than you could dream of.

just a question. Who says the founders of NUSC didn't misguidedly support Mike Ashley in the beginning ? Most did exactly that. As to whether he knows more than me about NUFC, who can say ?

no reply from him ?

I'm taking that as a yes. Meaning he can't be that clever, when he can't admit it either.

The atmosphere on Saturday would never have reached it's crescendo had it not been for the lads in the corner that kept singing through the whole game, even while we were four nowt down. The rest of the corner to my left towards the away fans are pro-active...the families to my right are reactive.

I used to have my season ticket in Ultra-ville and while the atmosphere and standing was very enjoyable up there (bar some of the more immature nonsense chanting) the reality I found sitting in the Gallowgate (and indeed have found sitting in other parts of the ground now and again) for the Arsenal game was that the sound created up there just doesn't carry.

Other than a few muted "FCB" chants I couldn't hear a thing they may or may not have been chanting and any atmosphere that built up in and around where I was sat came solely as a response to events on the pitch.

That's always been the problem with the location of the "singing section", they're stuffed so far from the pitch that the players can't even hear them.

I sort of take your point that there could be a domino effect but again, I think on Saturday, it was less about chanting and more about a wall of noise in response to the events on the pitch; events that can't really be said to be influenced by supporters chanting songs that are lost in the stratosphere.

Are you that pro-Ashley cunt on Newcastle Online who kept having a go at me for criticising Ashley ?

Leazes, Leazes, Leazes.

Michael is actually one of the founders of the NUSC you tit. He looks at things objectively, something you're incapable of doing.

The man knows more about the ins and outs of football ownership etc than you could dream of.

just a question. Who says the founders of NUSC didn't misguidedly support Mike Ashley in the beginning ? Most did exactly that. As to whether he knows more than me about NUFC, who can say ?

no reply from him ?

I'm taking that as a yes. Meaning he can't be that clever, when he can't admit it either.

Or maybe hes not that into being called a cunt cos you think he might be someone who once said something to you? Our he hasn't been online? Why are you picking a fight with him anyway?

Leazes, Leazes, Leazes.

no reply from him ?

Or maybe hes not that into being called a cunt cos you think he might be someone who once said something to you? Our he hasn't been online? Why are you picking a fight with him anyway?

just a simple question Gemmill. I realise there was no need to say "cunt" but if he isn't the same person, then I will apologise. If he is the same person, then he is in fact a "cunt", like all the other arseholes on Newcastle Online particularly who were taken in by our owner and can't find it in themselves to admit their judgement was abysmal.

Guest Your Name Here
Some great points in the above . With terraces you could always slink away from the berks and like-minded folk naturally grouped over time . You could forge your own matchday. Without wishing to be trite or cliched its hard not to go back to simply saying 'its not what it used to be' . The very nature of being physically seated the main reason . As you say a dual singing section caper would be great but cant see it ever happening too soon given the dynamics . One of the best examples of this ive experienced was Marseille in UEFA semi 94 with the opposite banks behind goal singing backwards and forwards . Atmosphere it generated was incredible - and they were uncovered ! Granted they had fetched in their own mini PA's to stoke it up but great nontheless . Oh and they were standing too . Rip out the seats and get a few karaoke machines along and it'd be rockin !

It’s not uncommon on the continent? I’d guess it has something to do with lower attendances and less away fans. There was certainly a bit of vocal rivalry between the Gallowgate and The Leazes before football became fashionable. Whatever the reason behind it, having two ‘popular’ ends definitely helps the atmosphere. Not so sure about the PA :icon_lol: and brass bands are a big no.

Guest Your Name Here

:scratchchin:

:icon_lol:

Who?

Good post mate, but I don't class myself as superior, and the points you raise emphasise the need for some sort of mass movement. I'd be in favour of a bit of ethnic cleansing myself, clearing everyone out of the Leazes who wants to sit in silence to other parts of the ground, and putting 15,000 people (I'm guessing) who want to stand, shout, swear and passionately back the side for 90 minutes. We'd consistently have one of the great atmosphere's in Europe if we did something like that.

This is what I’m getting at. Football has changed and people support their club in different ways now. Just because somebody doesn’t spend ninety minutes singing and swearing doesn’t mean they don’t care. That apart I’m in agreement, something needs to be done to address the stagnation all-seater stadia create.

One thing I’d like to see is the pre-match music turned off fifteen minutes before kickoff. It stops any atmosphere growing, stifles anticipation.

Say for instance they decided to make North East corner away fans or L7 into family enclosure?

Would you protest or just move?

Why would you protest. The place will be empty most of the time the players you are signing. You could sit by the throw in line. Big Bobby ffs

die

Guest Your Name Here
Say for instance they decided to make North East corner away fans or L7 into family enclosure?

Why would you protest. The place will be empty most of the time the players you are signing. You could sit by the throw in line. Big Bobby ffs

die

Like the atmosphere at Old Trafford? An empty SJP would still make more noise than 70,000 customers in Manchester.

Leazes, Leazes, Leazes.

no reply from him ?

just a simple question Gemmill. I realise there was no need to say "cunt" but if he isn't the same person, then I will apologise. If he is the same person, then he is in fact a "cunt", like all the other arseholes on Newcastle Online particularly who were taken in by our owner and can't find it in themselves to admit their judgement was abysmal.

I'm not sure what it is you want me to reply to, tbh.

I didn't see the need to reply to your initial post given that Mac-Toon already confirmed to you who I was and what I was involved with the setting up of. It's never something I've been secretive about. I would have thought that this would have given you a fair view of my opinions about our owner and rule me out as being the person that you, for some reason, suspected me to be.

If you insist on further clarification then here it is: I'm not a member of Newcastle Online, never have been and indeed I have rarely, if ever, read it (the only time I did being out of necessity to the role I had in the NUSC/T).

If I'm honest, I'm not sure why anything I've posted on here would make you think differently, but then I'm not sure what it is that I've said to apparently incur your ire on here either.

Anyway, Hope that helps clear things up for you.

Michael

Edited by MichaelNUFC

What's a "throw in line" like bubble head ?