What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

The atmosphere wasnt the greatest and i foresee it will be generally pretty poor all season

The problem is that alot of the lads currently in the strawberry corner have no interest whatsoever in standing and singing, pathetic as this may be, it is the reality that we are faced with

Something needs to be done, with the key being large standing sections, standing = singing

What’s pathetic is the way some of the people who used to be in the LC can’t see past the end of their noses. A lot of them, possibly most of them, are too young to have stood on the terraces. Yet there they were yesterday handing out lectures on the merits of standing to people who stood on the terraces for twenty years.

What the evictees are going to learn is it’s not so much the people who determine the culture in the stands but how rigorously the ground rules are enforced. Give it a season or two under a more hard-line stewarding regime and even the most delusional evictees will have stopped comparing cock sizes at half time and will turning up with a flask and a blanket.

As I said earlier most the lads and lasses kicked out the LC were sound. It’s the sizable minority who don’t know any better who are going have their bubble well and truly burst as the reality of all seater stadia kicks in.

Im sorry pal but you are adopting a defeatist attitude that i am simply unwilling to comply with, you demonize the ex LC folk, but what for. Daring to have the audacity to attempt to whip up any form of atmosphere? Our current situation is uncompromising and untenable, if we do not wish to turn what could be one of the greatest footballing arenas in world football, into a library. Flask and blanket, no thankyou.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Your Name Here
The atmosphere wasnt the greatest and i foresee it will be generally pretty poor all season

The problem is that alot of the lads currently in the strawberry corner have no interest whatsoever in standing and singing, pathetic as this may be, it is the reality that we are faced with

Something needs to be done, with the key being large standing sections, standing = singing

What’s pathetic is the way some of the people who used to be in the LC can’t see past the end of their noses. A lot of them, possibly most of them, are too young to have stood on the terraces. Yet there they were yesterday handing out lectures on the merits of standing to people who stood on the terraces for twenty years.

What the evictees are going to learn is it’s not so much the people who determine the culture in the stands but how rigorously the ground rules are enforced. Give it a season or two under a more hard-line stewarding regime and even the most delusional evictees will have stopped comparing cock sizes at half time and will turning up with a flask and a blanket.

As I said earlier most the lads and lasses kicked out the LC were sound. It’s the sizable minority who don’t know any better who are going have their bubble well and truly burst as the reality of all seater stadia kicks in.

Not sure what you're saying, anyone working themselves are obviously wrong but anyone getting upset a bit of standing/being more vocal/the odd swearing etc are just as bad. Are you realy advocating that people should all become a flask and blanket brigade member because that isn't what set my pulse racing when I started going to games on the terracing.

Me neither. As you know before all-seater stadium and the obsession with season tickets, the demographics of the ground sorted themselves out. Like minded supporters congregated in certain sections of the ground. People with completely different ‘requirements’ didn’t end being sat next to each other for a whole season.

What we have now is a situation where the rules are designed to keep the most easily offended person happy, and it’s squeezed the life out of the support. Having been up to the LC a few times I know for a fact these rules weren’t enforced. The club allowed a culture to develop that is incompatible with the rules the rest of the ground have adapted to over the years. The evictees don’t seem to understand that the rest of the ground aren’t a bunch of passionless corpses but in fact victims of more draconian stewarding policy, and now they’ve been forced to rejoin the oppressed it’ll be them who have to adapt. I’m not suggesting standing up and singing is bad (anything but) but that the sit down and shut up culture is the reality of modern stadia. I don’t like it. You don’t like it. Unfortunately that’s the way it is.

@Yournamehere. I didn't stand in the Leazes corner the past few seasons so wasn't affected by this move. But I'll tell you something, the way they have been treated is appalling. Would you rather we all sat down and drank some Bovril in the East Stand? Personally I enjoy singing and backing the lads but if you don't thats up to you. There should be a choice.

Edited by TheDimpleboy

Had two utter morons sat next to me yesterday in the Gallowgate. Hoping that it's not a permanent thing, as they were utterly clueless.

Did they mention they were off for a Chinese after the match? :lol:

Opposite end of the ground, but close. :happygirl:

You were 14 seats and one row away from me by the way.

Cracking view from those seats.

Mac Toon made a good point to me, what happens on the pitch isn't the only thing about a match experience. I've always loved going to the match, having a bit crack, acting like a lunatic on occasion, singing showing some passion, talking about where we're going wrong, and there's none of that at the back of the Leazes, going to the match is going to be shit when it used to be one of the highlights of my fortnight without fail. I went in to the ground thinking right even if they're wanks, I'm not going to give it the we're the super fans of level 7 you better pipe down, but as soon as I got in this old cunt laying the law down. He's like statto as well, Freddy turned roond and asked him who was on the bench he reeled off the entire bench, and jokingly I said I bet ye naa Sammi's date of birth n'aal eh? He gans some time in May 92. Oh dear.

Guest Your Name Here

Im sorry pal but you are adopting a defeatist attitude that i am simply unwilling to comply with, you demonize the ex LC folk, but what for. Daring to have the audacity to attempt to whip up any form of atmosphere? Our current situation is uncompromising and untenable, if we do not wish to turn what could be one of the greatest footballing arenas in world football, into a library. Flask and blanket, no thankyou.

A lot of supporters are fucking sick to the teeth of representatives of the LC slagging off the rest of the ground. It’s little surprise some aren’t happy about you turning up on their patch with your delusions of grandeur and selfish attitudes. You have after all been calling them shit for the last three years. They’re not likely to jump out of their seats and start singing ‘you support is fucking shit just because you’ve appointed yourself cheerleader fucking general.

The LC was cut a lot of slack by the powers that be. Given an inch and took a mile. It was inevitable it was going to be shut down whether they sang nasty songs about FMA or not. The authorities simply weren’t going to put up with some of the behaviour up there, with the section next to the away support being the biggest problem.

I’m happy to welcome the LC evictees back to the real world. They’re presence should help lift the atmosphere, but I have no time at all for this uber fan shite. You are no better than any other fucker who cares about the club and are about to find out why thinking you are was both insulting and grossly misguided.

You just don't get it do you? At no point have any of the Leazes Corner claimed to be "better" than other fans, I wasn't in the Leazes corner and I fully back them. When have they ever said they were better? They simply want to generate a better atmosphere which the ground needs, because it sounded like a morgue for the majority of the Arsenal game.

Why do people like you continue to act as self appointed apologists for the club? It's simple why he kicked them out, simple. Because he spat his dummy out when they gave him grief.

Thanks Ashley, now I've got to listen to the away fans drown out our support for the next 18 games.

Can I ask why you have some sort of agenda against people that stood in that section? Because none of them claim to better fans, the only thing they can claim is that they made a hell of a lot more noise.

A lot of supporters are fucking sick to the teeth of representatives of the LC slagging off the rest of the ground. It’s little surprise some aren’t happy about you turning up on their patch with your delusions of grandeur and selfish attitudes. You have after all been calling them shit for the last three years. They’re not likely to jump out of their seats and start singing ‘you support is fucking shit just because you’ve appointed yourself cheerleader fucking general.

The LC was cut a lot of slack by the powers that be. Given an inch and took a mile. It was inevitable it was going to be shut down whether they sang nasty songs about FMA or not. The authorities simply weren’t going to put up with some of the behaviour up there, with the section next to the away support being the biggest problem.

I’m happy to welcome the LC evictees back to the real world. They’re presence should help lift the atmosphere, but I have no time at all for this uber fan shite. You are no better than any other fucker who cares about the club and are about to find out why thinking you are was both insulting and grossly misguided.

Im sorry but your level of animosity towards myself and any other ex leazes occupants is whole heatedly misplaced. You may like to perceive we are guilty of many a crime of arrogance and unwillingness to comply to a standardized level of fan integrity, but i do not agree. The only crime we are culpable for is that of passion, and a willingness to create an environment which is conducive to the thing that matters the most, what happens in the 90. I can only begin to convey my deepest sadness to those who fail to see this as the case. The fact remains, st james under this current seating arrangement, with the masses unwilling to make any noise due to an unwillingness to comply to the 'arrogant and delusional's' regime, will be audibly challenged for the foreseeable future. Something i and hopefully every newcastle fan is keen to avoid. Surely?

Guest Your Name Here
You just don't get it do you? At no point have any of the Leazes Corner claimed to be "better" than other fans, I wasn't in the Leazes corner and I fully back them. When have they ever said they were better? They simply want to generate a better atmosphere which the ground needs, because it sounded like a morgue for the majority of the Arsenal game.

Why do people like you continue to act as self appointed apologists for the club? It's simple why he kicked them out, simple. Because he spat his dummy out when they gave him grief.

Thanks Ashley, now I've got to listen to the away fans drown out our support for the next 18 games.

Can I ask why you have some sort of agenda against people that stood in that section? Because none of them claim to better fans, the only thing they can claim is that they made a hell of a lot more noise.

Bollocks. They’ve been calling other supporters fat cunts and dull bastads in this thread alone, complaining about how other fans don’t compare cock sizes in the bogs. Whinging on about how they are the only people who want to create an atmosphere.

I’d like to know where they stood before the LC was created and why they moved there when it opened. Presumably they stood and sung for ninety minutes before they moved?

Bang on

Bollocks. They’ve been calling other supporters fat cunts and dull bastads in this thread alone, complaining about how other fans don’t compare cock sizes in the bogs. Whinging on about how they are the only people who want to create an atmosphere.

I’d like to know where they stood before the LC was created and why they moved there when it opened. Presumably they stood and sung for ninety minutes before they moved?

I think you have failed to see the real issue in hand, this is not an issue on a personal or social level. This is about NUFC and creating the best environment for them to succeed within. In order to do that the atmosphere that we as fans provide needs to be as vocal and supportive as possible. Subsequently due to the new arrangements implemented by the powers that be this is a severely restricted task. Now if you want to sit here and moan relentlessly about personal disagreements fine, but you miss the point.

Guest Your Name Here

Im sorry but your level of animosity towards myself and any other ex leazes occupants is whole heatedly misplaced. You may like to perceive we are guilty of many a crime of arrogance and unwillingness to comply to a standardized level of fan integrity, but i do not agree. The only crime we are culpable for is that of passion, and a willingness to create an environment which is conducive to the thing that matters the most, what happens in the 90. I can only begin to convey my deepest sadness to those who fail to see this as the case. The fact remains, st james under this current seating arrangement, with the masses unwilling to make any noise due to an unwillingness to comply to the 'arrogant and delusional's' regime, will be audibly challenged for the foreseeable future. Something i and hopefully every newcastle fan is keen to avoid. Surely?

Which by default implies you think the rest of us don’t, and you wonder why I’m not kissing your arse.

Which by default implies you think the rest of us don’t, and you wonder why I’m not kissing your arse.

well you dont sing..............

Guest Your Name Here

How the fuck would you know?

and?

Guest Your Name Here

Well get real. The masses don't make noise. Fact. Get over it. You get stared at like the missing link if you dare start a chant.

And yes a good atmosphere does help create an environment which will boost the players morale, we saw it against Arsenal, if it wasn't for the Leazes corner we wouldn't have won that day, and i was sitting in the East Stand.

So those points you have highlighted are nonsensical as they don't bolster your point of view one bit. It just shows that you have some sort of problem with these people so will find any gripe possible to show them in a bad light.

Where did you stand before the LC was created?

How the fuck would you know?

Sensory interpretation

Guest Your Name Here

Well get real. The masses don't make noise. Fact. Get over it. You get stared at like the missing link if you dare start a chant.

And yes a good atmosphere does help create an environment which will boost the players morale, we saw it against Arsenal, if it wasn't for the Leazes corner we wouldn't have drawn that day, and i was sitting in the East Stand.

So those points you have highlighted are nonsensical as they don't bolster your point of view one bit. It just shows that you have some sort of problem with these people so will find any gripe possible to show them in a bad light.

:lol:

Well we wouldn't, the fans would have got on the players backs and they would have fell apart. But instead they kept singing at 4-0 down and guess what, the rest of the ground started to gradually join in. The players started to lift their heads, then after the sending off everyone got behind the players and we pulled it back.

The point is, if the second half had been played behind closed doors we would have lost 6 or 7 nil.

But it was in front of 52000 very passionate people singing and shouting.

The players responded to this.

Those fans joined and and got behind them because the Leazes corner kept going.

Say what you want.

The fans won us that game.

No they didn't. ;)

I think when you hear how its ruined Stevies whole match day experience you cant help but feel for the fans who have been shifted.

However for pockets of evictees to suddenly expect equally long term fans to suddenly have to stand for 90 minutes just to be able to see is very unfair.

It will have an impact on results too am sure of it. I reckon the crowd had a big say in the points we got against Liverpool, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Sunderland.