What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Your Name Here
I sat in the East Stand and sung, was pretty much the only one, but I did. Unfortunately I was near the front and I wasn't going to stand by myself with others behind me all sitting.

Precisely. The nature of modern stadia is one where there are plenty of people who want to sing but they exist in isolated pockets. The LC provided an opportunity for this issue to be addressed, gave supporters like you a place where you didn’t have to stand out like a sore thumb and probably get marked down as a potential trouble maker by the stewards. The noise generated by the LC had very little to do with the passion of the individuals and a lot to do with the psychological security it provided.

I was in similar boat to you but didn’t move to the LC because I didn’t see why supporters who wanted sing should be shoved into the worst seats in the house. Why should we be treated like second class supporters? As you and others have repeatedly said supporter participation is the heartbeat of football, wanting to sing shouldn’t mean having to have a shit view of the game.

For all the noise the LC made, it made the isolation problem even worse in the rest of the ground. Where once there may have been a couple of lads in the next row who would sing with you, suddenly there was no-one. Over the last three years the departed singers have been replaced by day trippers and family units. The creation of the LC made the overall atmosphere worse, and it could be argued that those who buggered off to the gods should have stayed put and fought for the overall good instead of looking after their own interests.

Now I don’t really buy into that argument but I do think the LC was a bad idea. What was needed was multiple singing sections or a singing section that encompassed the whole ground, like a belt for want of a better analogy. What we got was a divisive idea that enabled the club to sell seats that were hard to shift, a them and us stadium design.

Despite what you say certain elements of the LC have been highly critical of the rest of the ground. Questioned their passion, ridiculed their commitment. Made a bad situation worse. Now the LC are being forced back into normality they are going to have to adapt; to the application of ground regulations and to the reality of being isolated again. I can understand why they are pissed off but they need to show other supporters the respect that has been absent over the last few years if there is to be unity in the stands.

The real villain here is FMA. For seeing a singing section as a money making opportunity, for allowing widely differing applications of the ground regulations, and for not creating a new singing section when he scrapped the LC. What we’ve got is some of the evictees turning up and showing a complete lack of respect for other supporters and moaning on about how nobody sings... or wants to check out their cock in the bogs ;)

For NUFC to prosper we need to be united behind the team and against FMA, not being rude to OAPS and generally giving it the big I am.

Edited by Your Name Here

Guest Your Name Here
I think when you hear how its ruined Stevies whole match day experience you cant help but feel for the fans who have been shifted.

However for pockets of evictees to suddenly expect equally long term fans to suddenly have to stand for 90 minutes just to be able to see is very unfair.

Aye. The whole thing is a monumental cock-up that could only happen at a club who’s owner holds the supporters in contempt.

Edited by Your Name Here

As much as I can see both sides of this, the most tragic thing is that fans are arguing amongst themselves as a result of another vindictive manouvre by the gluttonous control freak as part of his general modus operandi that appears to be 'divide and conquer'.

There are no winners as long as this bastard is at the helm .

My sentiments exactly.

Anyone giving stick out to people who ask if they can sit down is wrong, obviously. Likewise anyone who shouts 'sick the f*** down you t***' for example. If theres an old woman or someone with a medcial condition behind then just sit down, imo, unless you can swap seats. There dosent need to be any abusive crap, and that goes for the steward malarky too. "Are you going to sit down?" "No, I'd prefer not to" *carries on supporting team .... thats all that is needed. "Shove your seats up your arse" etc is inviting conflict and potentially bringing on problems.

Sunday showed there is potential to make the ground louder, give it time to grow. The Leazes L7 only started with a very small group - it ended up 3,000 strong. We need that core together, starting the atmosphere, because there were times against Arsenal when the singing spread through to the Gallowgate end and made a difference. But to do this we've got to leave out any confrontation, and not respond with a 'f*** you' attitude.

The 'danger' of standing is a total con we are supposed to just accept, when it reality we are being completely shafted. If they are going to basically keep enforcing this con, with no admission that standing is not dangerous, then people have to take things into their own hands. The defeatist & easy thing to do would be to shrug your shoulders and think there is no choice, but they cannot deal with the numbers which are on our side if get organised - e.g. Leazes Corner. We just need to do it in a way which is not abusive or aggressive, and trying to co-operate with our fellow fans, swapping seats for example if possible.

Those standing in The Corner, as it's rightfully called, will sit down. Not all, but most; only those in the back row will get away with it. I used to stand, as Matt does, all game in the Corner but that was only because it was right at the back. The stewards WILL evict supporters, one by one, game by game, and, eventually, they will all be sitting down, bar those in the back row, for fear of losing their ST.

The thing is, you don't have to stand to sing to create an atmosphere. Before they were shifted by Fletcher, there were a group of (250-ish?? 1000-ish?) lads who sat together in the Milburn. They would sing, seated, and were very much part of the atmosphere at St James'. Class supporters, to a man. Seated.

Those standing at Old Trafford and Anfield are just posers who think by standing they are real supporters. "Hey, look at us, we're standing. We are real supporters." There are countless numbers of supporters who like to stand, I know that, but those goons at Old Trafford and Anfield are just putting on a show of being an uber supporter.

Standing sections at football aint gonna come back any time soon due to the stands needing reconstruction, so get used to it.

I hope that doesn't read as being antagonistic, as it's not meant to be. ;)

Edited by snakehips

To better empathise I have changed my seat as well.

Went from a classic bean bag to a LoveSac MovieSac.

PS - Not making light of the situation.

Erghh, how dare you come on here and talk about your "love sack", which you "sit on". ;)

Worse still you want us to look at pictures of it. What kind of pervert are you, posting pictures of your love sack on the internet? No way am I clicking that link. ;)

Erghh, how dare you come on here and talk about your "love sack", which you "sit on". ;)

Worse still you want us to look at pictures of it. What kind of pervert are you, posting pictures of your love sack on the internet? No way am I clicking that link. ;)

I did click and all I can say is OzT I hope for your young wife's sake it's a velour one!

Bloody expensive bean bags.

I did click and all I can say is OzT I hope for your young wife's sake it's a velour one!

They're not cheap, but once you sit/lay on one you'll never want to use a regular bean bag again. PLus you never need to change/add beans because they have foam.

Worse still you want us to look at pictures of it. What kind of pervert are you, posting pictures of your love sack on the internet? No way am I clicking that link. :blush:

They're not cheap, but once you sit/lay on one you'll never want to use a regular bean bag again. PLus you never need to change/add beans because they have foam.

Lucky I moved off the bean bag and back onto the floor years ago, you bloody hippy ;)

£500 for a fucking beanbag are you mental?

It's Aussie dollars innit. Would cost a fucking fortune in NZ, mind you. Something like a month's wage (or some other stat I've made up)

It's Aussie dollars innit. Would cost a fucking fortune in NZ, mind you. Something like a month's wage (or some other stat I've made up)

He they were actually worth something last week!

He they were actually worth something last week!

And this week? ;)

His football team wear Wolves strip, so does that answer your question?

It's the Toon third strip... Or the Dutch strip thanks very much.

aye but it was still 650 aussie dollars so that is about 400-500 quid isn't it? or am i getting muddled

No you're right it's about 400 of your English pounds. Thought you were talking about the $500 beanbags, sorry....

aye but it was still 650 aussie dollars so that is about 400-500 quid isn't it? or am i getting muddled

No you're right it's about 400 of your English pounds. Thought you were talking about the $500 beanbags, sorry....

aye some of the beanbags on that site are $650's ;)

now i want to see what it's like to sit on a £500 beanbag

Better not fart on it at those prices ;)

I know I've moaned but I want you to show in images what Ashley has done to me and the lads who sit beside me.

Don't get me wrong the view is class.

2lj3var.jpg

These are the people around us though, it's more like watching Newcastle Falcons man, nee one even talks so we go in pissed we're probably the only ones you can hear in 10 seats around us. These aren't even the worst ones, the bloke behind me it'll be a miracle if I don't have many rows with him this season. Thank you Mr Ashley.

o74kuc.jpg

2z4mio0.jpg

Oh dear. This last picture too, it sums up modern football as well as any I've seen, the absolute epitome of Arsenal fans these.

23usi7a.jpg