What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
Just another indication of the apathy of the majority of fans imo

Whether he's changing the name of the ground, selling our best players on the last day of the window AGAIN or sacking our best manager in a decade, the fans have a bit of a grumble on Monday morning and then turn up again on Saturday regardless.

People enjoy going to the match sometimes, or we wouldn't go. Why should he win and take away one of our little pleasures in life?

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether he's changing the name of the ground, selling our best players on the last day of the window AGAIN or sacking our best manager in a decade, the fans have a bit of a grumble on Monday morning and then turn up again on Saturday regardless.

Think he might get a few not bothering to renew like. Lots were tied into the 3 year thing. I agree with you in general like. It's Catch 22 for the fans in some ways too but there's actually a canny bit of apathy towards him now at the games themselves. I doubt he gives a fuck anyway.

People enjoy going to the match sometimes, or we wouldn't go. Why should he win and take away one of our little pleasures in life?

True enough. I also think in many cases 'protesting' by not going is also just an excuse for apathy.

True enough. I also think in many cases 'protesting' by not going is also just an excuse for apathy.

Totally agree, although I donno what's worse not going or fucking off at half time to be honest. Theres only 5000 on the three year thing IIRC. Our attendances next year will be 48,000 every game imo if we see 3 or 4 top players coming in.

Totally agree, although I donno what's worse not going or fucking off at half time to be honest. Theres only 5000 on the three year thing IIRC. Our attendances next year will be 48,000 every game imo if we see 3 or 4 top players coming in.

Really? No idea what the figures are but nearly everyone I speak to seems to be on it. Thinking about sharing a ticket next year like. 2 between 3 or 4 people mebbies.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but once Ashley sells up I will get another season ticket.

As it is I would rather Spartans see my money. Watching non league on a Saturday and playing Sunday League the day after made me fall in love with football again. It's refreshing watching a league where the players play for the football rather than the money, a league not ruined by SKY, be able to talk about the match with the players in the club after, stewards and board members who turn up for free, not to mention seeing some cracking football too.

Doesn't stop me watching/listening to every Newcastle game but this blind loyalty thing, no matter what, just doesn't wash with me

Dig out 'The Far Corner' again and remember what things used to be like.

I dont understand that attitude. For me, its bit like saying am never going to the cinema again because you dont like how the Weinsteins conduct their business. Obviously you can quote Shankly back at me and claim there is no similarity but am afraid the reality is that its a form of entertainment, albeit one based upon complex social relationships, history, culture and passion. Ultimately, when you look at it all you can really say is the club is being run badly. I dont want to go into the rights and wrongs of Hughton or Carroll but there are arguments on both sides for those two decisions. I dont agree with the cuts the current govt is implementing but i can see the argument for doing it.

I dont understand the attitude as i have no idea what you are trying to acheive? To overthrow the ownership of a private business? Its not even a PLC so you are utterly powerless but thats not the point. The point is, what do you want instead? NUST to run the club? :lol: Or some new owners? Aye, cos that worked out really well the last time. I really dont know what people like you want, is it to be competing for the champions league this season? Because if its not, then how about a team that competes every match, plays decent football, puts an honest shift in, takes pay-cuts to stay with us, rallies behind the cause and pulls off exciting results that give hope for the future?

Dont we go to football to enjoy ourselves and hasnt following the team this season been enjoyable?

Am not saying you are wrong, its just i dont get it.

I dont understand that attitude. For me, its bit like saying am never going to the cinema again because you dont like how the Weinsteins conduct their business. Obviously you can quote Shankly back at me and claim there is no similarity but am afraid the reality is that its a form of entertainment, albeit one based upon complex social relationships, history, culture and passion. Ultimately, when you look at it all you can really say is the club is being run badly. I dont want to go into the rights and wrongs of Hughton or Carroll but there are arguments on both sides for those two decisions. I dont agree with the cuts the current govt is implementing but i can see the argument for doing it.

I dont understand the attitude as i have no idea what you are trying to acheive? To overthrow the ownership of a private business? Its not even a PLC so you are utterly powerless but thats not the point. The point is, what do you want instead? NUST to run the club? :lol: Or some new owners? Aye, cos that worked out really well the last time. I really dont know what people like you want, is it to be competing for the champions league this season? Because if its not, then how about a team that competes every match, plays decent football, puts an honest shift in, takes pay-cuts to stay with us, rallies behind the cause and pulls off exciting results that give hope for the future?

Dont we go to football to enjoy ourselves and hasnt following the team this season been enjoyable?

Am not saying you are wrong, its just i dont get it.

I've loved it you never know what you're going to get.

Alex I heard 5k. I know a few who are on it too like. We all know we'll renew bravado saying we won't.

What are they going to do with Level 7 instead?

A new Sports-Direct shop.

Don't joke about that. It may have been my hangover but for the first time on Saturday I realised how much that brand is pushed at us on a match day. Two signs on the Gallowgate, a banner lying in the middle of the pitch and the fucking electronic advertising boards all advertising that bloody brand.

Surely they can't stop fans who want to sing congregating there? Unless they move the away fans back to the corner or just leave it empty? :lol: The singing section has been such a successful idea that I can't see fans just finding another area to take over and use.

Don't forget the backs of the seats on the team benches. I noticed the club crest has been sacrificed for the Sports Direct logo :lol:

Name one club to have benefitted in the long run by less supporters turning up.

Newcastle United. WE DEFINITELY forced McKeag's hand.

We did, but it took a lot longer than a year or two. These young'uns have never had it so good.

:lol: True enough.

A bit naive in my opinion - Hall forced their hand by offering money that was beyond their level of wealth.

Would never have happened without SJH onside though.

Looking back at it now, the support he had seemed a bit of a clique rather than the majority. Remember most of them who used to stand around where I was thinking he'd be nowt but trouble....

Irony much?

Aye but you're not old enough to understand the mechanics of it all. In the late 80's very early 90's gate receipts were probably 80% of a clubs income. Today it's no more than 15% that's why it was easier for a boycot to work then than it is now. If 15,000 people srtop going and we get 35,000 that is only about £6m of a turnover of £90m, a drop in the ocean.

A bit naive in my opinion - Hall forced their hand by offering money that was beyond their level of wealth.

How's it naive? GMK would never have relinquished control if we had 32,000 every week being content with mid-table. SJH was just the catalyst and escape route when there was no way out for them.

I suppose it's the same now then really, thinking about it like that, i.e. it's all about a buyer coming in. And there's far less of a dependence on gate receipts too than there was then.

I honestly don't blame people for staying away though, I totally understand why they might think 'fuck off if you think you're getting any more of my cash'.

I honestly believe the effect on his ego would be more damaging than the effect on his wallet. If he had to look at a half empty stadium every week he would get sick and sell up. As it is he sits in the Directors box like a Roman Emperor at the Colosseum looking down with a hard on that the 52k in there.

How's it naive? GMK would never have relinquished control if we had 32,000 every week being content with mid-table. SJH was just the catalyst and escape route when there was no way out for them.

exactly. As the share price went up and up, because of the competition between them, SJH was simply forced to buy more shares to protect the ones he already had bought and simply grabbed the majority in the end.

I suppose it's the same now then really, thinking about it like that, i.e. it's all about a buyer coming in. And there's far less of a dependence on gate receipts too than there was then.

I honestly don't blame people for staying away though, I totally understand why they might think 'fuck off if you think you're getting any more of my cash'.

don't understand why anybody goes to Sports Direct in Newcastle tbh. I'm also surprised it hasn't been trashed either.

don't understand why anybody goes to Sports Direct in Newcastle tbh. I'm also surprised it hasn't been trashed either.

Similar argument to boycoutting the match though, isn't it? I wouldn't shop in SD myself like.

Nail on the head. McKeag relinquished control fundamentally because of SJH - not because the fans didn't turn up. If Hall hadn't been there on the periphery, McKeag (or one of his cronies) would have been in charge into the 90s.

McKeag was doomed from the moment he accepted Hall onto the board first time around. He might have resigned after the failed share issue but everyone knew it was only a matter of time before he came back and in charge.

Similar argument to boycoutting the match though, isn't it? I wouldn't shop in SD myself like.

Not really sure about that Alex, we aren't "customers" of NUFC but certainly are when it comes to SD. I've never bought anything from Sports Direct, not since he bought the club anyway.