What will you do when they move your seat?

peasepud

Name one club to have benefitted in the long run by less supporters turning up.

Newcastle United. WE DEFINITELY forced McKeag's hand.

A bit naive in my opinion - Hall forced their hand by offering money that was beyond their level of wealth.

I suppose it's the same now then really, thinking about it like that, i.e. it's all about a buyer coming in. And there's far less of a dependence on gate receipts too than there was then.

I honestly don't blame people for staying away though, I totally understand why they might think 'fuck off if you think you're getting any more of my cash'.

don't understand why anybody goes to Sports Direct in Newcastle tbh. I'm also surprised it hasn't been trashed either.

Similar argument to boycoutting the match though, isn't it? I wouldn't shop in SD myself like.

Not really sure about that Alex, we aren't "customers" of NUFC but certainly are when it comes to SD. I've never bought anything from Sports Direct, not since he bought the club anyway.

To him we are.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A bit naive in my opinion - Hall forced their hand by offering money that was beyond their level of wealth.

I suppose it's the same now then really, thinking about it like that, i.e. it's all about a buyer coming in. And there's far less of a dependence on gate receipts too than there was then.

I honestly don't blame people for staying away though, I totally understand why they might think 'fuck off if you think you're getting any more of my cash'.

Nail on the head. McKeag relinquished control fundamentally because of SJH - not because the fans didn't turn up. If Hall hadn't been there on the periphery, McKeag (or one of his cronies) would have been in charge into the 90s.

McKeag was doomed from the moment he accepted Hall onto the board first time around. He might have resigned after the failed share issue but everyone knew it was only a matter of time before he came back and in charge.

He should have resigned after the failed share issue, but when did George Forbes take over as chairman, he was chairman when they appointed Ardiles ?

don't understand why anybody goes to Sports Direct in Newcastle tbh. I'm also surprised it hasn't been trashed either.

Similar argument to boycoutting the match though, isn't it? I wouldn't shop in SD myself like.

Not really sure about that Alex, we aren't "customers" of NUFC but certainly are when it comes to SD. I've never bought anything from Sports Direct, not since he bought the club anyway.

To him we are.

true

I'll either move or get my nephew a season ticket.

Only Ashley could look at the atmosphere on Saturday and think to himself it needs to be stopped. The L7 corner were brilliant. Half hearted for the first 45, understandably, but as soon as Diaby went off, great for the rest of the game.

How's it naive? GMK would never have relinquished control if we had 32,000 every week being content with mid-table. SJH was just the catalyst and escape route when there was no way out for them.

That wasn't going to happen at the time though - football as a whole was in the doldrums on the cusp of Sky around the corner - as I and others have said when arguing with LM, Hall was lucky in buying the club on the cheap and then riding the wave of the Sky take-off and cheap credit - it was all about timing.

How's it naive? GMK would never have relinquished control if we had 32,000 every week being content with mid-table. SJH was just the catalyst and escape route when there was no way out for them.

That wasn't going to happen at the time though - football as a whole was in the doldrums on the cusp of Sky around the corner - as I and others have said when arguing with LM, Hall was lucky in buying the club on the cheap and then riding the wave of the Sky take-off and cheap credit - it was all about timing.

nah, if you look back to quotes made at the time, they clearly saw how football was going to go because of Sky and stated that their intention was to get into it asap and attempt to win the trophies etc because it is where the club ought to be

I dont understand that attitude. For me, its bit like saying am never going to the cinema again because you dont like how the Weinsteins conduct their business. Obviously you can quote Shankly back at me and claim there is no similarity but am afraid the reality is that its a form of entertainment, albeit one based upon complex social relationships, history, culture and passion. Ultimately, when you look at it all you can really say is the club is being run badly. I dont want to go into the rights and wrongs of Hughton or Carroll but there are arguments on both sides for those two decisions. I dont agree with the cuts the current govt is implementing but

i can see the argument for doing it.

I dont understand the attitude

as i have no idea what you are trying to acheive? To overthrow the ownership of a private business? Its not even a PLC so you are utterly powerless but thats not the point. The point is, what do you want instead? NUST to run the club? :lol: Or some new owners? Aye, cos that worked out really well the last time. I really dont know what people like you want, is it to be competing for the champions league this season? Because if its not, then how about a team that competes every match, plays decent football, puts an honest shift in, takes pay-cuts to stay with us, rallies behind the cause and pulls off exciting results that give hope for the future?

Dont we go to football to enjoy ourselves and hasnt following the team this season been enjoyable?

Am not saying you are wrong, its just i dont get it.

An Alan Pardew half time team talk of a post. Well said. :lol:

Nail on the head. McKeag relinquished control fundamentally because of SJH - not because the fans didn't turn up. If Hall hadn't been there on the periphery, McKeag (or one of his cronies) would have been in charge into the 90s.

McKeag was doomed from the moment he accepted Hall onto the board first time around. He might have resigned after the failed share issue but everyone knew it was only a matter of time before he came back and in charge.

He should have resigned after the failed share issue, but when did George Forbes take over as chairman, he was chairman when they appointed Ardiles ?

Share issue failed in December 1990. McKeag resigned as chairman, Hall resigned from the board and Forbes took over as chairman. Lasted exactly one year.

They fucked Ardiles over good and proper tbh.

I dont think that Boycotting works to force an owners hand, as has been said the reliance on gate money isnt anything like it used to be. What boycotting games does do is highlight the cause. An SJP thats half full will always get the headlines and bring attention to the protests. Ultimately though there would be other ways to do that inside the ground. Ive seen talk of numerous things thought of by other clubs, Man U's scarfes, the wearing of black etc instead of team colours all give a better statement.

I do believe that there will be a huge drop in ST sales this year, the 3 year plan does have about 5k in it and many are pee'd off at the fact they couldnt just drop it when we went down. Many more ST holders that I know of are also saying they wont be renewing unless they see the bulk of that money spent on players. That in itself isnt going to happen because the date for renewals will no doubt be earlier again this year.

One thing to remember is that there is no waiting list, no worries about being able to buy an ST nearer the start of the season. If you're not happy then dont renew and hold out to see what happens. Worst case scenario is that you dont get the exact seat you have now.

From .cock

Newcastle United have announced season ticket details for the 2011/12 campaign - giving fans the chance to take advantage of a 10-year price guarantee.

You can pledge your commitment to the Magpies until the summer of 2022, but continuing to pay the same price as next year's season ticket.

And there are no tie-ins or catches, with an annual opt-out clause included if you decide you need to give up your season ticket for whatever reason. However, there is a minimum commitment of one season, i.e. 2011/12.

That is just one of a number of initiatives the Club are putting in place to provide the best experience possible for supporters.

Over 18s season tickets are being raised in price by £15 - but for a good reason.

As well as a guaranteed seat at St. James' Park for every home league game, all season ticket holders will automatically become Toon Army 12th Man members.

That in itself comes with a huge range of benefits, including priority ticket booking, members-only rates, and team news sent straight to your mobile among many others. Under 18s will become club members for free.

The Family Area of St. James' Park, fully sold out in the 2010/11 season, is again being extended, this time in to the north-west corner of the ground, taking in an extra 1,500 seats in the process, and the standard price of £100 for the season will continue for Under 18s in this area.

But even though that will mean some of the loyal Leazes Corner supporters needing to find new seats in the stadium, the Club will give these fans priority in relocating them.

For those youngsters who are too old for the Family Area, a Young Persons Area (18-21 years) will be created, priced at £265.

Season tickets can be paid for by up to 12 monthly direct debits, with no administration charges and no interest charge

Simon Esland, Newcastle United head of customer operations, said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to offer such good value for money in these difficult times for our supporters.

"The fact that supporters can freeze the price of their season ticket for 10 years shows our commitment to them. Add to that the extended Family Area and new Young Persons section and we are looking at our current support as well as the next generation of Newcastle fans."

Aren't most of the lads who make the noise in the L& area going to fall into that young supporters group? wonder where they'll be shifted?

Also, is it wise having the Family area up in the Gods? Not like kids are going to have in depth discussions about the positional play, they need to be close to the action don't they?

Why they couldn't have the east stand as the family area/fogey area, it seems reasonable to me?

Aren't most of the lads who make the noise in the L& area going to fall into that young supporters group? wonder where they'll be shifted?

Also, is it wise having the Family area up in the Gods? Not like kids are going to have in depth discussions about the positional play, they need to be close to the action don't they?

Why they couldn't have the east stand as the family area/fogey area, it seems reasonable to me?

Because the East Stand has excellent views therefore they can charge a premium rate for those seats.

Because the East Stand has excellent views therefore they can charge a premium rate for those seats.

I guess. I'm not a fan of the views from the East Stand mind, prefer about halfway up the Gallowgate.

Plus, I prefer atmosphere... mixing with the little people is a hoot.

I guess. I'm not a fan of the views from the East Stand mind, prefer about halfway up the Gallowgate.

Yes, old bean. The hoi polloi do have their moments.

Yes, old bean. The hoi polloi do have their moments.

It's that they seem so happy despite their lives being utter drudgery. Warms the heart, you know. That they can be content with their lot in life, or should I say "their little" what what?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
From .cock

Newcastle United have announced season ticket details for the 2011/12 campaign - giving fans the chance to take advantage of a 10-year price guarantee.

You can pledge your commitment to the Magpies until the summer of 2022, but continuing to pay the same price as next year's season ticket.

And there are no tie-ins or catches, with an annual opt-out clause included if you decide you need to give up your season ticket for whatever reason. However, there is a minimum commitment of one season, i.e. 2011/12.

That is just one of a number of initiatives the Club are putting in place to provide the best experience possible for supporters.

Over 18s season tickets are being raised in price by £15 - but for a good reason.

As well as a guaranteed seat at St. James' Park for every home league game, all season ticket holders will automatically become Toon Army 12th Man members.

That in itself comes with a huge range of benefits, including priority ticket booking, members-only rates, and team news sent straight to your mobile among many others. Under 18s will become club members for free.

The Family Area of St. James' Park, fully sold out in the 2010/11 season, is again being extended, this time in to the north-west corner of the ground, taking in an extra 1,500 seats in the process, and the standard price of £100 for the season will continue for Under 18s in this area.

But even though that will mean some of the loyal Leazes Corner supporters needing to find new seats in the stadium, the Club will give these fans priority in relocating them.

For those youngsters who are too old for the Family Area, a Young Persons Area (18-21 years) will be created, priced at £265.

Season tickets can be paid for by up to 12 monthly direct debits, with no administration charges and no interest charge

Simon Esland, Newcastle United head of customer operations, said: "I'm delighted that we have been able to offer such good value for money in these difficult times for our supporters.

"The fact that supporters can freeze the price of their season ticket for 10 years shows our commitment to them. Add to that the extended Family Area and new Young Persons section and we are looking at our current support as well as the next generation of Newcastle fans."

You're fucking kidding me on?????????????????????????????????? 4FS. I love my seat.

From .cock

You're fucking kidding me on?????????????????????????????????? 4FS. I love my seat.

Where do you sit in the Leazes? Is it lower down L7?

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
From .cock

Front row of the balcony, 2/3rds the way towards the Milburn.

Singing corners and "ultras" are so Arsenal anyway....what next? Song sheets so you can all learn the words?

These things should be organic.

Yeah, don't think we're going to take "support" advice from a Spurs fan. Did your lot all have laryngitis when you visited us last?

From .cock

Front row of the balcony, 2/3rds the way towards the Milburn.

That'll be you getting moved then. I imagine they'll take the balconies and lower areas of the blocks A-F.

You should join us at the very back of L7 Mr Marshall-Barnes. I'd love to hear more about your arbitrary boundries of what constitutes Newcastle and what doesn't as well as how as I'm from Washington I'm not a proper fan :lol: :lol:

Obviously, that's providing they don't move me along too <_<