The F1 2011 thread

Craig

They came up with that theory on the BBC yesterday and they poo poo'd it with some lap time facts, I dont understand enough though to say what.

I have watched 3 full length GP's this season and throughly enjoyed them. I shall indeed be stepping up my efforts next season to get my head into it.

I was at Grizedale yesterday and there was a rally on, fuck me, one MASSIVE Chav fest.

I actually think the lap times supported the theory. Some of the times Vettel did were not consistent with someone with a 'serious gearbox issue' and sure enough, as soon as he put one of the hot laps in, along came Rocky on the radio to slow the fuck down.

Red Bull wanted Webber to finish runner up in the WDC, of that I'm sure. To have any hope of that coming to fruition depended on Webber winning the race.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW comparing yourself to Senna is sacrilege IMO. It's a comparison that should be made by others, not yourself.

It's a bit like those idiots on the Apprentice saying they have they're going to be an entrepreneur. Who the fuck is qualified to say that? Not yourself, that's for certain.

BTW comparing yourself to Senna is sacrilege IMO. It's a comparison that should be made by others, not yourself.

It's a bit like those idiots on the Apprentice saying they have they're going to be an entrepreneur. Who the fuck is qualified to say that? Not yourself, that's for certain.

I agree entirely...I couldnt believe it when Vettel said that, bad form!!!

Kimi is coming back. Signed a two year deal with Renault (Lotus).

Brilliant news that like. Every World Champion since 2000 will be on the grid in 2012. To put it in some context, Sebastian Vettel was 12 when anyone else was the World Champion. Jaime Alguersuari was 9!

Martin Brundle leaves BBC for Sky Sports' Formula 1 coverage from 2012

Sunday, November 27th 2011, 09:42 GMT

Martin Brundle has confirmed that he will leave the BBC to become part of the Sky Sports Formula 1 broadcast line-up from 2012.

The former F1 racer and Le Mans winner made the announcement in his Sunday Times newspaper column, saying that the fact that Sky will carry the whole season live - while the BBC will only show 10 races live and the rest in delayed highlights programmes - was key in his decision.

"In 2012 I will be working with Sky Sports F1 television," Brundle wrote. "The fact that their newly-announced and dedicated F1 channel will have no in-race advertising was a key factor, but most importantly I need to commentate on every race live. Recorded and delayed sports television doesn't give me the adrenalin fix I crave.

"There will also be more airtime for the technical features I so enjoy crafting. It's been a privilege to be part of the BBC team, but now I have a new motivation and challenge."

Brundle moved into television commentary after his F1 career ended in 1997, initially with ITV before switching across to the BBC when it reclaimed the rights from 2009. This season he became lead commentator for the first time.

He also announced earlier this week that he would making a racing return in next year's Le Mans 24 Hours, sharing an LMP2 class Greaves Zytek-Nissan with son Alex.

:(

I thought it'd had been known for some time that he'd jumped ship? Brundle being Brundle however played the political game and refused to say anything until the season was over (did the same when he jumped to the BBC).

David Croft is apparently going to be co-commentator. Brilliant coup from Sky to get both of them. BBC are rumoured to be getting some Australian in to replace Brundle and sit alongside Coulthard. Hate to say it but I'll not be sticking with the BBC.

Well done to Sky. I always wanted Crofty as Co-commentator to Martin Brundle. But I am gutted its gone to Sky at all. The Beeb do F1 so well. And now I'll have to get Sky because i cant be doing with F1 highlights :rolleyes:

Bet the rumoured aussie is Charlie Cox, he's brilliant!

Edited by Toonraider

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...

I cant get my head around people preferring F1 to MotoGp. I find it boring as fuck

MotoGp today was a cracking race. Positions changing lap by lap until the finish line.

Marquez pulling a skidder at 150mph

https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/status/993104733614231554

Positions 2, 3 and 4 nearly killing each other

https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/status/993106436220583936

And the winner pulling a no hands flossy over the line

https://twitter.com/btsportmotogp/status/993109400242958336