Shefki Kuqi

Nobby

Does getting older make you shitter in the air?

Yes.

Explain how your worse in the air at 34 than 30?

Explain how getting older doesn't have a detrimental effect on muscles, joints, etc. Not to mention the effect of playing professional football over a period of time. I'm not that arsed about this as he probably won't play but 34 year olds without a club are generally shit. I'm surprised any of that needs explaining tbh.

So ill throw the goalkeeper argument at you, dont they hit their prime in 30s? diving about making top corner saves? doesnt seem to affect them

You reckon that the effects of 15+ years professional football on the bodies of goalkeepers and outfield players are comparable?

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends who you're goal keeping for and against...

34 is not too old to be effective. Just like a keeper a striker of that age should use experience to their advantage. The first five yards is in the head and all that. Unfortunately it doesn't apply when you pick up a free agent whose last stint was at a lower league club.

aye but were discussing winning a header not the all round play of an outfielder

I think you diverged from the topic a bit when you brought up goalkeepers tbf.

aye but were discussing winning a header not the all round play of an outfielder

to backup my point about agility. running wise you may have lost your legs but it shouldnt have any impact on your aerial ability

to backup my point about agility. running wise you may have lost your legs but it shouldnt have any impact on your aerial ability

He's probably still decent in the air from a set-piece like, I agree. I still think it will have an impact on your aerial ability, i.e. your ability to jump from a standing start, your ability to outmuscle players, to run into areas to take up positions where you can head a ball and so on. It's fucking depressing debating his merits though in any case.

I prefer this fella and Jeremie Ala-wally-crap!

He is only here until the end of the season, gives us an extra option and lets face it, at least he has a better record than the former Arsenal Kid. We were never going to sign anybody of great calibre in this move.

Personally, I think Kuqi could potentially be a good target man for the time being. Pardew has it spot on with Ranger being an impact player for the time being. I dont think Best or Lovankrands will be any sort of holding striker whilst Kuqi can do that! He does fit in to our style of play.

Ho'way lads, let us remember we didnt have much choice and werent going to sign a great striker but at least this one looks the most logical!

He's not been a good target man throughout his career Keith. What makes you think he's gonna start at 34. We've basically signed a big mong that we can put in the box and try to bounce balls off if we're losing with 10 minutes to go.

He's not been a good target man throughout his career Keith. What makes you think he's gonna start at 34. We've basically signed a big mong that we can put in the box and try to bounce balls off if we're losing with 10 minutes to go.

To be fair Gemmill, the times I have seen him play suggest he will be much better at the job than Lovenkrands and Best. I am not going to say he is going to be amazing and he is going to take the premiership by storm! Far from it!

Looking at what options we have, Alaidaiere certainly wasnt the best option. His goal scoring record was shocking. At least Kuqi has scored! Ethwerton probably wanted stupid money to come and lets face it, didnt know the game or even english! Kuqi was the best of a very bad bunch.

He is a different style player to what we have and I am not going to get on his back for it. He has a signed a short term contract, he knows he wont play that much however lets support this guy before we start calling him all for.

Caught offisde are reporting that we are lining up Kevin Doyle in the summer for £9m as the long term solution! Whereas he's not a bad player I can't see how he would offer anything different to what we already have. No quotes in the article though so probably a load of cack...

To be fair Gemmill, the times I have seen him play suggest he will be much better at the job than Lovenkrands and Best. I am not going to say he is going to be amazing and he is going to take the premiership by storm! Far from it!

Looking at what options we have, Alaidaiere certainly wasnt the best option. His goal scoring record was shocking. At least Kuqi has scored! Ethwerton probably wanted stupid money to come and lets face it, didnt know the game or even english! Kuqi was the best of a very bad bunch.

He is a different style player to what we have and I am not going to get on his back for it. He has a signed a short term contract, he knows he wont play that much however lets support this guy before we start calling him all for.

Best of a bad bunch isn't really good enough though, is it? I've got nothing against the player, but I'm not dreaming up scenarios where he's gonna be any good. That wouldn't be fair on him or me. It's another one of those NUFC employment situations where nobody is more surprised than the prospective employee themselves that we're showing an interest in them. We need to knock these on the head.

Guest Marshall-Baines

The headline on the OS ;):D Is fucking Llambias writing this. Whoever it is - clueless even if they were looking for a funny.

"Newcastle's Kuqi Coup" oh dear.

Best of a bad bunch isn't really good enough though, is it? I've got nothing against the player, but I'm not dreaming up scenarios where he's gonna be any good. That wouldn't be fair on him or me. It's another one of those NUFC employment situations where nobody is more surprised than the prospective employee themselves that we're showing an interest in them. We need to knock these on the head.

I agree with you in everything you say. Its not good enough however its going to have to be.

All we need is for this boy to get signed by another team and then Best to get injured and lets face it, Best is a bit injury prone since he showed up. If that happened most fans would be asking why we didnt sign him in the first place!

At the end of all of this Newcastle United are to blame for this situation. We should have been planning for a striker the whole of January. Pardew said at the start he was looking for one!

Caught offisde are reporting that we are lining up Kevin Doyle in the summer for £9m as the long term solution! Whereas he's not a bad player I can't see how he would offer anything different to what we already have. No quotes in the article though so probably a load of cack...

You fucking think? ;)