Unofficial Singing Section

Happy Face

seatingplank.jpg

Anyone moving from the L7 corner has to go for the back of the Gallowgate really don't they?

Nice 5 blocks in a row right where the old scoreboard regulars would congregate.

The 5 blocks in the lower teir of the Leazes are right under the away fans which would be daft.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marshall-Barnes
seatingplank.jpg

Anyone moving from the L7 corner has to go for the back of the Gallowgate really don't they?

Nice 5 blocks in a row right where the old scoreboard regulars would congregate.

The 5 blocks in the lower teir of the Leazes are right under the away fans which would be daft.

The Gallowgate is a nightmare to get served for beer at half time times I've been in for Cup games etc.. The SW Corner could be an option or the Leazes Corner underneath Level 7 either we need to get this organised. See when Arsenal played in the LC they sat in the LC Lower, and generated some cracking noise there so it could be an option.

It all depends on renewals though, when they say you'll have priority it still has to be between renewals and going out for general sale so the only way round this I think is for everyone who wants to be part of it to wait and see whats available. That may mean one of the corners, it may mean the back of the Gallowgate but wherever it is it needs to have a good number of free seats together.

It all depends on renewals though, when they say you'll have priority it still has to be between renewals and going out for general sale so the only way round this I think is for everyone who wants to be part of it to wait and see whats available. That may mean one of the corners, it may mean the back of the Gallowgate but wherever it is it needs to have a good number of free seats together.

Thinking about it, I don't think renewals affects it at all. The seating plan above shows what's already available so it can be taken into account. But it could be anywhere light blue....

4ih5c9.jpg

(For cost rather than availability)

...and people renewing existing seats can ask for a move if they don't want to be in amongst the radgie's standing and singing.

Edited by Happy Face

Guest Marshall-Barnes

0,,10278~9394683,00.jpg

Can see my little seat at the bottom right of that pic in the front row. :lol::(:lol::(:lol::(:( I'm really, really upset about it to be honest.

good luck to you all getting this up and running. i have been sitting mostly in leazes level 7 right next to the singing corner the last few years when i've been to the match and it's always a good laugh. makes a nice change to the gallowgate which has got progressively quieter in recent seasons. leazes level 7 started out as an unofficial singing section so no reason why with a little organisation, the same crew can't all move to a different part of the ground. good luck! i'll be looking to get tickets in or around whichever section you end up for the two or three home matches i get to a season. don't let that fat twat win :lol:

Aye we need to decide on an area. I keep hearing the back of the Gallowgate has plenty of spare seats, not many Season Ticket Holders there. An advantage would be the roof keeping the noise enclosed, and also being next to the strawberry corner. On the downside a slightly limited view and no crack with the away fans. Im not sure how many season ticket holders leazes corner level 4 holds, anyone? Good part of there is the away fans being in view and possibility of banter with them.

Where ever we go, if theres good numbers, then standing should be a problem, if 2,000 - 3,000 are together on it.

I'm not suggesting a few dozen of us on here should or could sort anything....it needs .com, True faith, The Mag, the ultras and all the other usual suspects (even NUST :lol: ) to knock their heads together and publicise an agreed location for singers/standers to congregate and for ST holders currently there to vacate if they want to sit with their hands in their pockets.

if it moved to Leazes corner would it not improve things since they would be closer to the players and other parts of the ground?

Aye thats what could potentially come of this where ever we go. If people move in numbers then it could actually be a blessing in disguise in terms of getting the noise to spread, whether its the gallowgate or leazes level 4.

I'm not suggesting a few dozen of us on here should or could sort anything....it needs .com, True faith, The Mag, the ultras and all the other usual suspects (even NUST :lol: ) to knock their heads together and publicise an agreed location for singers/standers to congregate and for ST holders currently there to vacate if they want to sit with their hands in their pockets.

I think you'll be hard pushed to get any of those to do that though, I know I wouldnt be happy if nufc.com suddenly decided my seat as being designated for new people. I know thats not what you're meaning btw but the fanzines etc would technically be no better than the club if they decided to change what happens where you sit. For that reason you'll not get any backing from the main players (I could imagine Mick Martin being happy to stick his head over the parapet and promote it in TF however) and definitely not NUST (but saying that you probably wouldnt get a statement from them even if the club advocated ritually sacrificing sections of the ground to Ashley on a match by match basis).

Another thing to be aware of, if this becomes common knowledge that you're moving the section to another area then the club will do whatever it can to block that. We all know that the real reason is to silence the fans so they'll do whatever they can to keep that going.

if it moved to Leazes corner would it not improve things since they would be closer to the players and other parts of the ground?

Good shout.

I thought it was too small, but it could spread out to the rest of the lower leazes as seats get bought up. Less likely in the Gallowgate which is enclosed by the Milburn and East Stands.

I'll miss "Time to go......FUCK OFF!" if i can't do a vehement two fingers to the away fans faces though.

Guest Marshall-Barnes

Thats what I was saying, the ecoustics are good too, Arsenal made a good racket there in the League Cup.

I think you'll be hard pushed to get any of those to do that though, I know I wouldnt be happy if nufc.com suddenly decided my seat as being designated for new people. I know thats not what you're meaning btw but the fanzines etc would technically be no better than the club if they decided to change what happens where you sit. For that reason you'll not get any backing from the main players (I could imagine Mick Martin being happy to stick his head over the parapet and promote it in TF however) and definitely not NUST (but saying that you probably wouldnt get a statement from them even if the club advocated ritually sacrificing sections of the ground to Ashley on a match by match basis).

Another thing to be aware of, if this becomes common knowledge that you're moving the section to another area then the club will do whatever it can to block that. We all know that the real reason is to silence the fans so they'll do whatever they can to keep that going.

What needs to be done is word of mouth in the Leazes Corner until the end of the season. Posters/flyers all around the corner saying where to move to in order to keep the section together.

First post on these forums , find all this quite shamefull when the team needs good vocal backing . As we are in the EU has Fat Boy and Bobbin not thought of standing area. As in Germany

Lower tiers of the Leazes like old times , also more people in the ground . Seems we need to reavaluate the safety issues in this country .

But whatever we need to try and keep vocal supporters together .

very well done to that jordan kid. good quotes there with a positive spin on the matter that ashley and others will find hard to counter. unlike the aggressive stance the nust took, i reckon this more reasoned approach will be much better received and more likely to win support among fans.

tbh, it could work out better in the long run as level 4 noise might spread to the rest of the ground better than it did up in the gods.

very well done to that jordan kid. good quotes there with a positive spin on the matter that ashley and others will find hard to counter. unlike the aggressive stance the nust took, i reckon this more reasoned approach will be much better received and more likely to win support among fans.

tbh, it could work out better in the long run as level 4 noise might spread to the rest of the ground better than it did up in the gods.

I think it's sycophantic and misses the point to be honest. It probably required the former and quite possibly the latter in order for the Chronic to print it though.

Guest Your Name Here

Had to laugh at the article on .com about the club being happy to discuss moving the LC en masse. They’ll be giving assurances about creating a new singing section next.