Lazio loony about Toon's Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

Newcastle face a battle to hold on to Jonas Gutierrez with Lazio preparing a big-money summer bid for the midfielder.

Gutierrez, 27, has two years left on his current deal at St James’ Park but has so far stalled on signing a new contract.

And sources in his native Argentina have revealed that the Rome club plan to meet Newcastle officials to discuss a potential summer move to Serie A.

The Magpies know that Gutierrez’s value will diminish if he does not sign a new deal soon so they could be tempted to cash in on him this summer.

But they face a dilemma because he has been almost ever-present for the side this season.

But £8m-rated Gutierrez is remaining tight-lipped on the subject.

“Rumours are rumours,” he said. “Now I’m just focused on my work in Newcastle.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle694281.html

party-smiley-551.gif

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marshall-Baines
Newcastle face a battle to hold on to Jonas Gutierrez with Lazio preparing a big-money summer bid for the midfielder.

Gutierrez, 27, has two years left on his current deal at St James’ Park but has so far stalled on signing a new contract.

And sources in his native Argentina have revealed that the Rome club plan to meet Newcastle officials to discuss a potential summer move to Serie A.

The Magpies know that Gutierrez’s value will diminish if he does not sign a new deal soon so they could be tempted to cash in on him this summer.

But they face a dilemma because he has been almost ever-present for the side this season.

party-smiley-551.gif

Fuckin Lazio ;) LAZIO. Reports coming from Spain suggest Wolves are interested in taking maverick Atletico Madrid striker Kun Aguero, the validity is yet to be ascertained, but it's a trusted source it really is.

party-smiley-551.gif

Fuckin Lazio ;) LAZIO. Reports coming from Spain suggest Wolves are interested in taking maverick Atletico Madrid striker Kun Aguero, the validity is yet to be ascertained, but it's a trusted source it really is.

Some fucking dilemma that for Ashley

Edited by spongebob toonpants

His value has dropped for us simply because of Carroll's departure. It takes away Barton's primary target for the numerous free kicks and corners that Jonas wins for us.

But I think it's another case of better the devil you know. Let's not forget that when Jonas was signed there was still some optimism at the club. Keegan was managing and there was no hard and fast limits on wages. 8 million might sound like a solid transfer fee but when you consider that we'll be offering paltry wages the calibre of player that you can attract drop substantially. So even assuming all of the 8m was theoretically spent (big assumption) there's only a slim chance that we bring in someone as good or better.

...and that's getting well ahead of ourselves when we;re far from the transfer window and it's just paper talk.

£8m I'd take. Not because I've resolved to accept our role as a selling club, just that's a daft amount of money for a winger who can neither cross, nor score.

I think he adds a lot to the club, but I think we'd be just as well off with a bid for Albrighton or similar.

His value has dropped for us simply because of Carroll's departure. It takes away Barton's primary target for the numerous free kicks and corners that Jonas wins for us.

But I think it's another case of better the devil you know. Let's not forget that when Jonas was signed there was still some optimism at the club. Keegan was managing and there was no hard and fast limits on wages. 8 million might sound like a solid transfer fee but when you consider that we'll be offering paltry wages the calibre of player that you can attract drop substantially. So even assuming all of the 8m was theoretically spent (big assumption) there's only a slim chance that we bring in someone as good or better.

...and that's getting well ahead of ourselves when we;re far from the transfer window and it's just paper talk.

I suspect that the comment about the 35m from Carroll being reinvested in transfers and wages means that in future we will offer better wages to attract new signings. On the positive side this means a better calibre of player, on the negative side the 35m probably won't go all that far. It's also worth bearing in mind that Jonas is probably on top dollar as he was supposed to be signed on a bosman and there was competition for his signature iirc.

Tip another 8m into the transfer pot and it doesn't look too bad to be fair, assuming all the available money is reinvested in a few quality players and decent wages. I'm not holding my breath though.

In addition Collocini will enter the final two years of his current contract, of what was originally a five year deal.

This Summer's transfer window [with a season's worth of marketedly improved performances under his belt in the top flight] is the final opportunity to seriously cash-in/or recoup Ashley's initial outlay. In a best case scenario result: reap in a minor profit.

A double Argentine departure is on cards this Summer, and a double bonus for the club's balance sheets.

Edited by Year Zero

There wouldn't be any gain on Coloccini, but they would no doubt be keen to get his big wages off the books. I'd say they might see it out for another season though, unless they get an inkling that someone is keen to buy.

If only someone would come in for Alan Smith. Even if we had to pay part of his wages it would be good business and he could actually have a positive impact on some Championship side.*

* Disclaimer: This is the view of an individual. Not necessarily this individual. The comment comes with no guarantee and may or may not have a foundations in reality. Using it as the basis for a decision is entirely at your own risk. All celebrity voices are impersonated; poorly.

despite the fact that he can be frustrating at times, we'd definitely miss guitierrez if he was sold, not least because ashley would replace him with some budget player who might or might not turn out to be adequate, or not replace him at all.

He gets so much stick Jonas but wed be fucked without him. Hes basicaly the only player in our team that can beat a man for pace and every attack we have that isnt a long ball goes through him and enrique . Aye his deliverly is poor but we'd not be where we are in the league without him

I reckon it's bollocks anyway but I think he's suffering due to the fact 1) he puts a lot of graft in when he plays and 2) he hasn't had a rest because we've no one to bring in. He's bound to suffer as a result of this, especially playing in a wide position.

Edited by alex