Lazio loony about Toon's Gutierrez

Christmas Tree

Pacey wingers who can't cross or score are ten a penny. I don't think he'd be that difficult to replace.

If he is so easy to replace why do Lazio want him? The reason is they can see the positives he brings to the team in terms of getting us into the opposition half and generally then winning free kicks. This relieves presure on the defence and gives us the opportunity from the free kicks to make the most of Carrolls ability in the air..........Oh!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8m is more than he's worth and would be a great deal. Just like the 'great deals' for Milner and Carroll, though, he'd need to be replaced which is ever the problem with our fat cunt owner. Bradley Wright-Phillips or an equivalently shite Championship winger would not do the trick. Of course, as I mentioned yesterday, I think HBA was meant to have been his replacement but we'll have to see where he fits into the team when he returns.

For all that his crossing is poor, I think it has improved this season. His lifted crosses are still as likely to go out of play as they are to get close to a man, but his low crosses are a lot better and have resulted in some goals - Shola v. Wigan comes to mind.

EDIT: By the way, this comes from Talkshite, so it's probably completely made up.

Edited by acrossthepond

Pacey wingers who can't cross or score are ten a penny. I don't think he'd be that difficult to replace.

If he is so easy to replace why do Lazio want him? The reason is they can see the positives he brings to the team in terms of getting us into the opposition half and generally then winning free kicks. This relieves presure on the defence and gives us the opportunity from the free kicks to make the most of Carrolls ability in the air..........Oh!

Piss off, you daft helmet. It's paper talk, I doubt Lazio do want him but I'm certainly under no illusions that he's irreplaceable. £8 million would be a great deal for us.

Where's this rumour that he's a pacey winger come from? I don't see much evidence of it tbh. Pacey wingers knock the ball out of their feet and chase it, Jonas actually dribbles with it at his feet. Consequently he holds it up well. His crossing continues to be less than optimum but I think he's big value to us when he's retaining the possession during pressure periods and carrying the ball when our passing has gone to shit and we can't move it forward between players.

I reckon it's bollocks anyway but I think he's suffering due to the fact 1) he puts a lot of graft in when he plays and 2) he hasn't had a rest because we've no one to bring in. He's bound to suffer as a result of this, especially playing in a wide position.

He does graft, but you'd still expect a bit more production up front and to get the odd shot on target. Not every game, just now and then.

Newcastle face a battle to hold on to Jonas Gutierrez with Lazio preparing a big-money summer bid for the midfielder.

Gutierrez, 27, has two years left on his current deal at St James’ Park but has so far stalled on signing a new contract.

And sources in his native Argentina have revealed that the Rome club plan to meet Newcastle officials to discuss a potential summer move to Serie A.

The Magpies know that Gutierrez’s value will diminish if he does not sign a new deal soon so they could be tempted to cash in on him this summer.

But they face a dilemma because he has been almost ever-present for the side this season.

But £8m-rated Gutierrez is remaining tight-lipped on the subject.

“Rumours are rumours,” he said. “Now I’m just focused on my work in Newcastle.”

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Newca...icle694281.html

party-smiley-551.gif

there kevin ya happy