Help a Hammer

Upton333

Alright all? I am a West Ham fan looking forward to the visit of your good selves next Saturday. I also write a pre match preview for one of the West Ham sites and wanted to ask a few questions to make sure I am properly informed by the people in the know.

1. If the game against West Ham was a five a side, who would be in the Newcastle line up?

2. What has been the best/funniest chant at a Newcastle game this season?

3. Injuries have been a big factor in your season so far, who have you missed the most?

4. Who has been your worst player this season?

5. Describe the strengths and weaknesses of Shay Given.

Please feel free to answer as few (or as many) as you like. If there is anything about West Ham that you need to know, please feel free to ask.

Best of luck against L'Arsenal.

1 - Tony Caig, Craig Moore, Amdy Faye, Shola Ameobi, Michael Chopra

2 - Songs? At St James'? This season? You're having a laugh!

3 - Craig Moore - i think he's saving himself for the world cup!

4 - French international 8 million pound signing, Souness' proper player Jean Alain Bambi, er i mean Boumsong

5 - Strengths - World's best shot stopper. Weaknesses - Doesn't save pens and doesn't score enough!

I'd like to ask - what is the general opinion of Marlon Harewood amonst you hammers? I've seen the sublime and the ridiculous from him and can't make up my mind.

Edited by Smooth Operator

1- (if Souness was managing it) Given, Taylor, Boumsong, Emre, Owen

2- I live in Reading so don't really know :lol:

3- Owen, but we have been missing Dyer's pace this season (and the last...and the last... :lol: )

4- Moore. What was the point?

5- Great shot-stopper, loves the toon, gives a shit unlike quite a few players. Not too hot on penalties though.

When I saw Harewood last at the mad stad he was subbed 20 mins in... :lol:

1. Souness, Murray, Saunders, McDermott, Given. The coaching staff at newcastle love 5 a side, thats all they do, no set pieces or tactics in training, just 5 a side, with plenty crunching tackles from souness to show he's the gaffa.

Ask Dwight York

2. We only boo and shout "souness out" it hasn't worked yet, but it might after today when arsenal stuff us.

3. Michael Owen, If it wasn't for him playing regular for England I'd forget we actually signed him.

4. Amdy Faye, Boumsong, Bramble, Ameobi, Babayaro, need i go on. P.S I'm not a racist it's just there all shite.

5. Good shot stopper but doesn't command his box enough, nervous wreck due to the inability of his defence

1. If the game against West Ham was a five a side, who would be in the Newcastle line up?

Leaving players out due to injury:

Given, Boumsong, Parker, Solano, Owen

The funniest I heard was a couple of weeks ago at Everton (Away).

35 years and no Europe

35 years and no Europe

35 years and no Europe

Sunderland's a massive club

42 players no one's heard of

Ten pound for adults and kids go free

Steve Cram, celebrity fan

3. Injuries have been a big factor in your season so far, who have you missed the most?

Where do we start? I'd have to say Owen. Without Owen we're pretty much f*cked and have no options up-front.

Amdy Faye has been useless. Boumsong's been pretty bad as well, and Ameobi has also been inept.

His kicking is sometimes weak, and sometimes he doesn't shout as much as he should but other than that, there's not a lot. I suppose, in keeper terms he's short, but he makes up for that with his agility. He's one of the best shot stoppers I've seen. Overall, I'd rate him as one of the best keepers around. Maybe that doesn't come over, because our defence is poor, but he's kept us in games when we really should have been dead and buried.

Bit depressing that "Feed the scousers" and "Sunderland [City] are a massive club" are both songs plagiarised from ManU. :lol:

For West Ham, I still like "He's only a poor little hammer, his clothes are all tattered and torn,......"

I'd like to ask - what is the general opinion of Marlon Harewood amonst you hammers? I've seen the sublime and the ridiculous from him and can't make up my mind.

It must be said opinion is slightly split regarding Marlon, though I suspect he has made a few new friends this week with two goals.  The general debate seems to be whether he is actually trying or not, he seems to have half the crowd calling him a lazy bastard, others feeling that he works his socks off.

Overall, he is doing well for a player having his first crack at top flight football, he has plenty of pace, is strong on the ball and has a few tricks up his sleeve.  Not quite Micheal Owen but he'll do for now.

66489[/snapback]

It must be said opinion is slightly split regarding Marlon, though I suspect he has made a few new friends this week with two goals.  The general debate seems to be whether he is actually trying or not, he seems to have half the crowd calling him a lazy bastard, others feeling that he works his socks off.

Overall, he is doing well for a player having his first crack at top flight football, he has plenty of pace, is strong on the ball and has a few tricks up his sleeve.  Not quite Micheal Owen but he'll do for now.

66489[/snapback]

66839[/snapback]

So he's Ameobi but with goals! Want to trade?

Heeeeeee's only a poor little Hammer, his clothes are all tatterd and torn, he came for a fight so we set him alight, and now he dont come anymore!

:lol:

67104[/snapback]

Is it only me that thinks this song should be consigned to history? I was there that day and I cannot think of a worse event caused by our supporters in the time I have supported NUFC.

I've seen all the coin, golf ball and dart throwing and that was bad enough but glorifying the petrol-bombing of an 'away' supporter is just disappointing to me, that's all.

I'm not trying to be 'holier than thou' or trying to appear some sort of killjoy, it's just that that particular song relates to a particularly dark day in our history and the bad old days of soccer hooliganism in general imo.

Edited by snakehips

Heeeeeee's only a poor little Hammer, his clothes are all tatterd and torn, he came for a fight so we set him alight, and now he dont come anymore!

67104[/snapback]

Is it only me that thinks this song should be consigned to history? I was there that day and I cannot think of a worse event caused by our supporters in the time I have supported NUFC.

I've seen all the coin, golf ball and dart throwing and that was bad enough but glorifying the petrol-bombing of an 'away' supporter is just disappointing to me, that's all.

I'm not trying to be 'holier than thou' or trying to appear some sort of killjoy, it's just that that particular song relates to a particularly dark day in our history and the bad old days of soccer hooliganism in general imo.

67165[/snapback]

While we're at it, can we bin the 'In your Liverpool slums' one anarl? Fucking cringeworthy tbh.

67104[/snapback]

67165[/snapback]

You've got a point I suppose, it rarely gets used nowadays anyway. At least it is original even if it is dodgy in context, I wish we could get some more songs unique to us.

Liverpool slums is indeed cringeworthy; you'll never get a job is even worse.

67104[/snapback]

67165[/snapback]

You've got a point I suppose, it rarely gets used nowadays anyway. At least it is original even if it is dodgy in context, I wish we could get some more songs unique to us.

Liverpool slums is indeed cringeworthy; you'll never get a job is even worse.

67174[/snapback]

I'm surprised that song is ever song these days, most of the fans wont even remember the event now. although funny when i was a kid, that song should be consigned to history!

Given,Taylor,Parker,Solano,Owen

'Your SHIT and you stink of FISH' at Grimsby made me laugh.

Owen without a doubt, we've only lost once when he has played.

Do it count if he hasnt been fit yet?? In that case moore. Boumsong has been dissapointing aswell but he did ok on saturday. Faye is a bit of a scapegoat and hadnt been doing himself any favours but it was hard for him when he has been coming on for the last 15/20 mins of a game when we've been shite all game.. he's done well when he has started against Villa and Arsenal.

Kicking and command of area (although it seems to be getting better) He is however the best shot stopper in the world.