Gervinho

Anorthernsoul

I didn't used to mind Man City too much but now I hate them with a passion. I cant wait for the day that financial restrictions are in place, then they can go fuck themselves in the underworld. They hijack so many deals from other clubs these days, do they really need another wide player? Johnson/Milner/Silva/Wright-Philips and have played others out there more recently.

Its almost as if they wait to see who the likes of Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc go for and then fly in and steal. Thing is, yes they can offer more money, yes they can offer european football, but can they offer the passion for the club and supporters? No.

I see it like this, if he goes to us or to Arsenal, its about the football and the club. Has said before he dreams of playing for Arsenal, so that would be based on that. He would come to us based on the fact that he would be playing every week and would be a crucial cogg in getting this club back to Europe. But if he went to City, it would only be for the money.

I would like to know their wage bill per week, because if the restrictions come in, then the likes of City are Fooked.

The day City win the league is the day I stop watching Premiership football. Just don't see the point in it - it's buying the title.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't used to mind Man City too much but now I hate them with a passion. I cant wait for the day that financial restrictions are in place, then they can go fuck themselves in the underworld. They hijack so many deals from other clubs these days, do they really need another wide player? Johnson/Milner/Silva/Wright-Philips and have played others out there more recently.

Its almost as if they wait to see who the likes of Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea etc go for and then fly in and steal. Thing is, yes they can offer more money, yes they can offer european football, but can they offer the passion for the club and supporters? No.

I see it like this, if he goes to us or to Arsenal, its about the football and the club. Has said before he dreams of playing for Arsenal, so that would be based on that. He would come to us based on the fact that he would be playing every week and would be a crucial cogg in getting this club back to Europe. But if he went to City, it would only be for the money.

I would like to know their wage bill per week, because if the restrictions come in, then the likes of City are Fooked.

The day City win the league is the day I stop watching Premiership football. Just don't see the point in it - it's buying the title.

No different than Chelsea really though and I assume you continued watching after they won it?

No different than Chelsea really though and I assume you continued watching after they won it?

Aye, I suppose. Did go through a period of not paying much of an interest in Football around that point so it didn't have that much of an effect on me. Plus had always seen them as a 'big club' so I suppose them winning it didn't seem too alien.

I don't know.

Lets find out! :rolleyes:

What do you want it to say?

doesnt matter it hasnt changed from on the bench i want it to say on the pitch or something hehehehe

I don't know.

Lets find out! :rolleyes:

What do you want it to say?

doesnt matter it hasnt changed from on the bench i want it to say on the pitch or something hehehehe

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your promotion to "on the pitch" well done sir

Guest alex
Well theyd definitely not be coming for the money! Those days are gone.

His mate (Tiote) is on a canny wedge, c. £50k a week isn't it? The only way Gervinho will even consider coming here is for something similar (or more).

Ivory Coast star Gervinho has confirmed to skysports.com that he wants to leave French champions Lille.

Lille coach Rudi Garcia confirmed to skysports.com earlier this week that the club did not want to lose both Gervinho and Eden Hazard, but conceded one could go.

Gervinho, who is being chased by Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle, now appears the most likely departure after confirming his intention to leave.

He also underlined it was ambition to move to England, despite interest from Spain.

"My mind is made up, I am leaving," Gervinho told skysports.com.

Gervinho has just one-year left on his current deal, which means Lille are likely to cash in on him this summer.

"I have made my mind up. I will soon meet the club and let them know, but they understand my feelings that I want to prove myself in a top league in Europe.

"My agents are moving things as I want, people know where my future lies, it is in England."

Ivory Coast star Gervinho has confirmed to skysports.com that he wants to leave French champions Lille.

Lille coach Rudi Garcia confirmed to skysports.com earlier this week that the club did not want to lose both Gervinho and Eden Hazard, but conceded one could go.

Gervinho, who is being chased by Arsenal, Liverpool and Newcastle, now appears the most likely departure after confirming his intention to leave.

He also underlined it was ambition to move to England, despite interest from Spain.

"My mind is made up, I am leaving," Gervinho told skysports.com.

Gervinho has just one-year left on his current deal, which means Lille are likely to cash in on him this summer.

"I have made my mind up. I will soon meet the club and let them know, but they understand my feelings that I want to prove myself in a top league in Europe.

"My agents are moving things as I want, people know where my future lies, it is in England."

Certainly means we stand a chance but how big of a chance we just dont know.

We dont know because its not sure how serious Arsenal, Liverpool and Citeh are.

He could go to any of those clubs and get CL football and a chance and winning the league but may not play every game. They may not even of made a bid? Liverpool signing Henderson would suggest they arent in the hunt for him.

Edited by Deano

Agreed, I reckon its only seriously between us and arsenal. Which in all fairness you'd expect him to go to the gooners...just hope cheik and drogba sway his mind, maybe with the capture of cabaye as well, his head could he turned. Fingers crossed

Agreed, I reckon its only seriously between us and arsenal. Which in all fairness you'd expect him to go to the gooners...just hope cheik and drogba sway his mind, maybe with the capture of cabaye as well, his head could he turned. Fingers crossed

This is what im hoping for.

Having already solid friendships with Tiote and Cabaye can only stregnthen our chances.

Cabaye swapping CL football to play for us may encourage Gervinho to do so too.

I dont think Arsenal have even made a bid?

I'm not sure they have either, but they are probably interested in him as they came close to signing him 2 years ago...don't see Liverpool forking out for another midfielder and think city tend to buy more 'proven' players. Just a waiting game now, this has dragged on quite some time, would like to see a decision one way or another if I'm honest.

I'm not sure they have either, but they are probably interested in him as they came close to signing him 2 years ago...don't see Liverpool forking out for another midfielder and think city tend to buy more 'proven' players. Just a waiting game now, this has dragged on quite some time, would like to see a decision one way or another if I'm honest.

This is my concern, that it has dragged on.

Like i've said before its a worry that he isnt wanting to make a solid decision about us and seems like they are waiting for other clubs to enter the race.

I'd be delighted if we got him but it does feel a little luque-esq in the sense that we arent his 1st choice.

This is my concern, that it has dragged on.

Like i've said before its a worry that he isnt wanting to make a solid decision about us and seems like they are waiting for other clubs to enter the race.

I'd be delighted if we got him but it does feel a little luque-esq in the sense that we arent his 1st choice.

Agree it appears to have dragged on, but he's been away with Ivory Coast and the French transfer window doesn't actually open until tomorrow (or 1st July in some sources)

When you compare i with other transfers it's hardly been dragging on and theres still 2-3 month of the transfer window to go, so i wouldnt expect anything to get wrapped up ASAP

and you can't expect an agent not to shake all the tree's to see where the biggest wad is

When you compare i with other transfers it's hardly been dragging on and theres still 2-3 month of the transfer window to go, so i wouldnt expect anything to get wrapped up ASAP

and you can't expect an agent not to shake all the tree's to see where the biggest wad is

Window hasn't even (officially) opened yet!

I kna, I meant until it closed

Very few deals get done this side of the transfer window, so people just need to be patient and not as ayatollah says obsess over every detail going

So just be patient

Window hasn't even (officially) opened yet!

I kna, I meant until it closed

Very few deals get done this side of the transfer window, so people just need to be patient and not as ayatollah says obsess over every detail going

So just be patient

Agreed, although if there's as much upheaval as there looks likely to be, I'd rather gets thing sorted as early as possible so Pardew can work on restructuring the team during the summer instead of taking the risk of doing it mid-season.

We'd all love to get things sorted as quickly as possible and i'm hoping there isn't major upheaval because we need to keep the core players we've got and build players around them, only then can we push on.

I don't see us doing any better than we did this season if we get rid of the major players of last season

We'd all love to get things sorted as quickly as possible and i'm hoping there isn't major upheaval because we need to keep the core players we've got and build players around them, only then can we push on.

I don't see us doing any better than we did this season if we get rid of the major players of last season

Who do you honestly believe will go?