Birmingham City 0-2 NUFC

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the game at the end of a run where a manager now needs to earn his corn.

Pardew needs to make some changes to try and find a short term combination that we can count on for goals.

Best looked he was playing against Blackburn while recovering from a general anesthetic. I can forgive him being crap, but it looked as though his get up and go had got up and gone. After all his press comments about knocking on the door, I would have expected him to be running all over the place getting into great positions.

The question is whether to drop Best or Lovenkrands in favour of Ranger or whether to push Nolan into attack and bring Guthrie or Barton into midfield.

Its a difficult decision, for lots of reasons, but one Pardew needs to make.

I would go with

Harper

Simpson Williamson Collochini Enrique

Barton Tiote Guthrie Jonas

Nolan Ranger

Edited by Christmas Tree

Need a win tonight to keep up with the clubs above fighting for a spot in Europe.

Can see a win for us, but Oba Martins is cert to score. 5/1 as well with willy hill, might be a shout.

tomorrow i mean. ;)

it was very frustrating watching the blackburn game with all the great balls going into the box in the first 70 minutes or so with noone even coming close to getting on the end of anything. Ranger then comes on and there was nothing in the box, typical, as he probably has the best leap of anyone in the side and badly needs a goal for his confidence. Was the kind of game where just a little bit of instinct and being in the right place at the right time in their box would have won it.

Would love to see Ranger start against birmingham but just don't see it happening. Think there should definitely be a change up there sooner rather than later.

Could do without schlepping back on a Tuesday night with Martins having grabbed the winner, particularly having already had one wasted journey to New Street this season. ;)

Literally no idea which way it'll go. If Rapey gets them up for it and we can score first I can't see them getting much change out of our midfield from there. After Blackburn I can't see us scoring to begin with though.

Here he goes... :)

It was all Oba at Toon due to cash

OBAFEMI MARTINS has revealed how Newcastle told him to leave - because they could no longer afford him.

The Nigeria striker faces his former club in a re-arranged Premier League clash tonight having signed on loan for Birmingham from Russian club Rubin Kazan until the end of the season.

And Martins, 26, a Toon favourite until they were relegated in 2009, said: "I have good memories with the fans and the players.

"I left because they couldn't afford the money. The club asked me to go and called me when Wolfsburg came in.

"We had good players but things weren't right and even we didn't know ourselves why we were relegated. I don't know what reception I'll get."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...ue-to-cash.html

We were right to sell Martins and right not to go in for him this January imo. Even if he does score the winner tonight (which he no doubt will now I've said that). He's an absolute parasite.

Here he goes... :)

OBAFEMI MARTINS has revealed how Newcastle told him to leave - because they could no longer afford him.

The Nigeria striker faces his former club in a re-arranged Premier League clash tonight having signed on loan for Birmingham from Russian club Rubin Kazan until the end of the season.

And Martins, 26, a Toon favourite until they were relegated in 2009, said: "I have good memories with the fans and the players.

"I left because they couldn't afford the money. The club asked me to go and called me when Wolfsburg came in.

"We had good players but things weren't right and even we didn't know ourselves why we were relegated. I don't know what reception I'll get."

You'll get what you deserve you mercenary twat.

Here he goes... :up:

You'll get what you deserve you mercenary twat.

26? Not buying that :)