Happy 60th birthday Kevin Keegan

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

There's something so right about a man who's always worn his heart on his sleeve celebrating his birthday on Valentines Day.

Kevin Keegan has done more for our club than any other individual in my lifetime. Never mind what the press say, I'll always love you KK, and I'm sure tens of thousands of other Geordies who were lucky enough to experience the high times with you feel exactly the same.

All the best Special K, and many happy returns :);):lol:

keegan is a legend and always will be in my heart he took us to the top of the premiership we beat barcelona with our best team the way he was treated buy ashley and lambeyarse and wise was a disgrace

There's something so right about a man who's always worn his heart on his sleeve celebrating his birthday on Valentines Day.

Kevin Keegan has done more for our club than any other individual in my lifetime. Never mind what the press say, I'll always love you KK, and I'm sure tens of thousands of other Geordies who were lucky enough to experience the high times with you feel exactly the same.

All the best Special K, and many happy returns :);):lol:

Well said Kenneth -I'm not ashamed to say I love him too, and, as always, will raise a glass in his name tonight

I agree with everything that has been said - my ultimate sporting hero - his approach, his ambition and the style of football to name a few things

Keegan made me believe anything was possible and back then it really was - fantastic days unlikely to ever be repeated - never with these wankers in charge

Keegan knew the potential of the club and understood the passion of the fans and he was given the financial backing to make it happen - the only time in my life that the owners and manager started to realise the massive potential that is Newcastle United

If Ashley had backed him financially second time around and shown a bit of ambition then it could have happened again - His treatment by Ashley was shameful

I would have him back as Manager tomorrow

Happy birthday Kev

Guest Your Name Here
Can't think of any individual who has done more NUFC.

How about all the managers who actually won something for us?

Not in the same league as bringing the club back to life.

Keegan was a hero of mine (and probably most lads my age) even before he came to Newcastle. This is also a sad reminder to me that he wanted (and was given) a contract here to take him up his 60th birthday, i.e. the end of this season. When you think of the money Ashley has wasted on the disasters in his time here and think about what KK could've done with a bit of that cash the mind boggles as to what the owner was thinking of.

keegan is a legend and always will be in my heart he took us to the top of the premiership we beat barcelona with our best team the way he was treated buy ashley and lambeyarse and wise was a disgrace

er........wasnt that dagleesh?

Guest Marshall-Baines
Great days. Awful ties.

My first work tie was like Keegan's there ;)

See that was outside the Newcastle Breweries corporate suite, because ours were so pathetic at the time.

Keegan was a hero of mine (and probably most lads my age) even before he came to Newcastle. This is also a sad reminder to me that he wanted (and was given) a contract here to take him up his 60th birthday, i.e. the end of this season. When you think of the money Ashley has wasted on the disasters in his time here and think about what KK could've done with a bit of that cash the mind boggles as to what the owner was thinking of.

Aye, same here. I fervently supported Hamburg in the 1980 final because of Keegan. I'd been to SJP in 78/79 but hadnt quite developed into a proper toon fan, was more a Keegan fan at the time. It was when he signed for us that i became focussed on Newcastle, rather than just mad about football in general. By this time i was only 9 so my loyalties were fairly under-developed.