Olympic games at St James

Kid Dynamite

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would quite fancy seeing the odd game at SJP but I fear the crowds'll be shit. I assume you have to go via ticketmaster which means the cheapest tickets priced at £20 will be more like £25+ and I can't see enough people forking that out in the summer holiday period. Even if that isn't the case SJP was half full for Euro '96 back when it was a 36k stadium.

Quite disappointed with the prices to be honest. I was under the impression that the Olympics would be pretty cheap but £20 the cheapest ticket, Mind you if that is for both games then it's not so bad I suppose.

As for Covs stadium wasn't that only selected because Villa are planning to redevelop their ground? Don't know why, They can't fill it at the moment anyway!

Schedule has been released, Tickets go on sale March 15th

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-gb/img/sy...ly-football.pdf

Why are they using a Scottish Stadium?! ...and COVENTRY'S!!?

British Olympics, innit? Bet they aren't using Windsor Park though ;)

They'd still struggle to fill it for most games.

Can't see too many of the £40/50 tickets flying out the store.

Schedule has been released, Tickets go on sale March 15th

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-gb/img/sy...ly-football.pdf

Why are they using a Scottish Stadium?! ...and COVENTRY'S!!?

British Olympics, innit? Bet they aren't using Windsor Park though ;)

Ahh yeah....I forgot about the fact they compete as Britain....! I think I was thrown off cause they award it to a city rather that a country....

I'll go and stand in the corner.... :)

Still, Coventry...!?

Edited by Asprilla

How fucked off are PL managers going to be if their players progress in this tournament? The final is 11th August, probably a week before the start of the PL.

Suppose they'll skip the pre season friendlies and already be match fit. Not a big issue, whens the first games? Is there much rest period between the end of the season and the start of the games?

Guest LeazesLad

Better value than the Champions League final at Wembley. Wheelchairs - £80 Category 3 Tickets £150 - Category 2 £200 - Category 1 £300, what an epic unparalelled fucking rip off. £300 to sit in the equivalent of the East Stand for one match, a game which more often than not is about as interesting as cricket.

Football is fucked completely like, we're in a recession what will clubs be able to get away with when the country is booming again. Wanks.

Better value than the Champions League final at Wembley. Wheelchairs - £80 Category 3 Tickets £150 - Category 2 £200 - Category 1 £300, what an epic unparalelled fucking rip off. £300 to sit in the equivalent of the East Stand for one match, a game which more often than not is about as interesting as cricket.

Football is fucked completely like, we're in a recession what will clubs be able to get away with when the country is booming again. Wanks.

I heard about this on the news. The cheapest standard ticket, i.e. Category 3, is actually £176 because there's a £26 admin fee on top of the £150 for the ticket. Also, doesn't that amount to somewhere in the region of £20m on the ticket sales alone for this game (assuming it's a sell-out)? Absolutely disgusting that like.

Guest LeazesLad
Extra £10 on top of that if you live outside of the UK, just cos

Well that's fair enough, I'd charge £20 for that, but £26 for an admin charge :D:icon_lol:) I've moaned about the toon's £2 admin charge in the past. £26 that's the mackems top priced seat, just in an admin charge. I would've thought the ticket prices were obscene if the top priced one was £100, but 3 fuckin hundred quid. £26 for some fuckin admin girl from Harrow to lick an envelope and write an address. It's so bad that something really, really should be done. It's way way way past taking the piss.

• 1 year later...