Berlusconi

Happy Face

Silvio Berlusconi: Sex charge trial to begin in April Mr Berlusconi denies paying for sex with Karima El Mahroug when she was 17

Italian PM Silvio Berlusconi has been indicted to stand trial on charges of paying for sex with an under-age girl and abuse of power.

Examining judge Cristina Di Censo said the process would start on 6 April, after prosecutors in Milan asked for an immediate trial.

Mr Berlusconi denies paying for sex with Karima El Mahroug when she was 17.

He also rejects claims that he abused his power by seeking her release when she was detained in another case.

He does, however, acknowledge that he called the police while she was being held on suspicion of theft.

He said he was doing a favour for the then-Egyptian leader, Hosni Mubarak, because Mr Berlusconi was told the girl was Mr Mubarak's grandaughter.

Ms Mahroug, widely known as Ruby and now aged 18, has denied sleeping with the prime minister but has said she received 7,000 euros (£5,900, $9,400) from him as a gift after one of his parties.

Payments to women?

Mr Berlusconi's fast-track trial in front of three female judges will start at a court in Milan at 0930 on Wednesday 6 April, the judge announced.

If convicted, the prime minister could face up to 15 years in prison.

These are some of the most serious allegations Mr Berlusconi has faced during his long career, says the BBC's Duncan Kennedy in Rome.

The billionaire tycoon's lawyers have argued that the judge does not have the power to order the trial.

Although frequenting prostitutes is not a crime in Italy, having sex with one under the age of 18 is an offence that commands a prison sentence.

The prosecutors had submitted two sets of documents detailing the evidence against Mr Berlusconi. They allegedly included proof that payments were made by his aides to a "significant number" of young women, including Miss Mahroug.

Last month, Italy's Constitutional Court amended a law granting members of the government temporary immunity from prosecution. The court decided that individual judges should be allowed to decide whether ministers should be tried while in office.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12083491

Which world leader/political figure has been the best at getting his end away? Does Berlusconi eclipse Kennedy. Martin Luther King was reet dirty rotter wasn't he?

Amazing Clinton got all that shit just for poking that one willing bint with a cigar case.

He's Prime Minister of a major international country and he's still having to pay for it?

I'm disappointed in him.

Though I'd still like an invite to one of his dirty sex parties in his villa.

He is a public figure and therefore should be setting an example of how to act honestly and morally until he is no longer in power then he can do what he damn well pleases (providing it is in within the law).

Other high profile figures have been felled for much less.

Unless your former President Bill Clinton then you can have a BJ in the Oval Office and lie about it on public television, and still not only retain your job but be one of the best liked presidents in history.

:)

He is a public figure and therefore should be setting an example of how to act honestly and morally until he is no longer in power then he can do what he damn well pleases (providing it is in within the law).

Unless your former President Bill Clinton then you can have a BJ in the Oval Office and lie about it on public television, and still not only retain your job but be one of the best liked presidents in history.

:)

He's just doing what they all do (there's more coke in the Houses of Parliament than any nightlclub), just that he's a bit wreckless with it, in the sense that he don't give a fuck. I like him.

Clinton had several affairs and was probably guilty of sexual misconduct. He also made a point of bombing foreign countries whenever this behaviour came out in the press. The worst of these incidents was the bombing of a pharmaceutical factory in Sudan which resulted in many thousands of deaths of black African people. Despite this, he is affectionately known as, 'the blackest president ever' because he philandered and played the saxophone badly.

Clinton had several affairs and was probably guilty of sexual misconduct. He also made a point of bombing foreign countries whenever this behaviour came out in the press. The worst of these incidents was the bombing of a pharmaceutical factory in Sudan which resulted in many thousands of deaths of black African people. Despite this, he is affectionately known as, 'the blackest president ever' because he philandered and played the saxophone badly.

:) First black president isn't it? Bonnie Greer might've said it.

Edited by alex

I was interested to hear that the CIA tried to convince Martin Luther King to kill himself by blackmailing him with recordings of his extra-marital activity. I had no idea.

And people think it's crazy to imagine Assange getting stitched up for challenging the status quo? :)

Yes, but other high profile figures don't own the major television stations and newspapers in the country, effectively ruling their country as an autocrat. Don't be surprised if the people involved in this case suddenly develop unfortunate bouts of explosive diarrhea and quickly die before they get the chance to testify against BungaBunga Berlesconi. The hooker who had tapes of him having sex with her discovered her car mysteriously exploded after she went public with this information.

:) First black president isn't it? Bonnie Greer might've said it.

Chris Rock has said it as well, which is unfortunate. He's still a great stand-up, usually bang on target.

I was interested to hear that the CIA tried to convince Martin Luther King to kill himself by blackmailing him with recordings of his extra-marital activity. I had no idea.

And people think it's crazy to imagine Assange getting stitched up for challenging the status quo? :)

They won't leave it alone.

thats not why he bombed the factory in Sudan.

Oh yeah I forgot, Osama Bin Laden was hiding there building chemical weapons. Not that they bothered to check, which would have taken under 24 hours. Remarkable timing, given the Lewinsky scandal and the upcoming mid-term elections.

"Officials later acknowledged, however, that "the evidence that prompted President Clinton to order the missile strike on the Shifa plant was not as solid as first portrayed." Indeed, officials later said that there was no proof that the plant had been manufacturing or storing nerve gas, as initially suspected by the Americans, or had been linked to Osama bin Laden, who was a resident of Khartoum in the 1990s."[4]

Unfortunately the factory was Sudan's primary source of pharmaceuticals, covering the majority of the Sudanese market. Werner Daum (Germany's ambassador to Sudan 1996–2000) wrote an article in which he estimated that the attack "probably led to tens of thousands of deaths" of Sudanese civilians.[5]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_missil...8August_1998%29

Oh yeah I forgot, Osama Bin Laden was hiding there building chemical weapons. Not that they bothered to check, which would have taken under 24 hours. Remarkable timing, given the Lewinsky scandal and the upcoming mid-term elections.

"Officials later acknowledged, however, that "the evidence that prompted President Clinton to order the missile strike on the Shifa plant was not as solid as first portrayed." Indeed, officials later said that there was no proof that the plant had been manufacturing or storing nerve gas, as initially suspected by the Americans, or had been linked to Osama bin Laden, who was a resident of Khartoum in the 1990s."[4]

Unfortunately the factory was Sudan's primary source of pharmaceuticals, covering the majority of the Sudanese market. Werner Daum (Germany's ambassador to Sudan 1996–2000) wrote an article in which he estimated that the attack "probably led to tens of thousands of deaths" of Sudanese civilians.[5]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_missil...8August_1998%29

it was a mislead attempt at retribution for the attacks on the US embassy in tunisia and kenya (iirc and i might not), but it doesn't change the fact that it wasn't about Clinton's sexual impropriety or lagging public opinion

It's assymetric warfare basically...Hit the medicine factory, kill more over a wider and longer period.

really? i don't think they meant to hit the pharma-factory....doesn't play well on the news (although i doubt the fact it wasn't a "weapons" factory ever made it to the news in any significant way), i think it can attributed to the general lack of good intel coming out of africa, similar to the shit intel which corroborated the move into Iraq, it also originated in africa iirc

my point was just that clinton wasn't trying to deflect public opinion, he was just acting in a cavalier/cowboy manner to put a little payback to those that bombed the embassies in Tunisa and Kenya

It's assymetric warfare basically...Hit the medicine factory, kill more over a wider and longer period.

really? i don't think they meant to hit the pharma-factory....doesn't play well on the news (although i doubt the fact it wasn't a "weapons" factory ever made it to the news in any significant way), i think it can attributed to the general lack of good intel coming out of africa, similar to the shit intel which corroborated the move into Iraq, it also originated in africa iirc

my point was just that clinton wasn't trying to deflect public opinion, he was just acting in a cavalier/cowboy manner to put a little payback to those that bombed the embassies in Tunisa and Kenya

I don't think they give a fuck about the news.

i disagree, why else would they have a whitehouse press secretary, it's all about spin.

i disagree, why else would they have a whitehouse press secretary, it's all about spin.

They have a press secretary to tell the press what to write. Not sure how that goes against what parky is saying. The fact the us media act as nothing more than stenographers only promotes a cavalier approach to the presidency.