Time For Ashley To Speak

Christmas Tree

My mate's lass is well into darts and she happened to see Eric Bristow at a tournament. She kept meaning to ask him if he knew what an 'Eric Bristow' was, but she bottled it in the end.

Ok then- what's an Eric Bristow?

:lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if someone has already brought this up, but...

Put on record yourself, not via Pardew, what the summer war chest will be.

And make selling clubs aware of how much money we have? Not that they don't already know about the Carroll money. Actually making it officially public is a terrible idea.

Put on record that no player will be sold in the summer and contracts will be adhered too.

Are you for real? Break that promise and people will like him even less. Sometimes players will want out, sometimes you have to sell.

Ashley doesn't want to pay the going rate in terms of wages for a player of Enrique's quality and potential. Sound familiar?

As good as sold. Tiote too.

You could call me negative or whatever, but from our past experience with the way that fat cunt operates to assume any other outcome is more likely would be foolish.

This summer's transfer window presents the club with a massive opportunity given the squad we have and the transfer funds (that should be) at our disposal.

I am certain the fat cunt will fuck it up by selling our best players and replacing them with shit.

Yet its all going so well at Sports Direct....

Just as JJB Sports seems to be running out of puff, rival Sports Direct International is racing ahead.

JJB has issued a number of profit warnings recently and plans to close up to 95 stores, using a company voluntary redundancy arrangement. It also wants investors to support a £31.5m emergency fundraising.

In contrast Sports Direct, controlled by Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley, is taking full advantage of JJB's problems, and is considering increasing its marketing spend to really ratchet up the pressure.

In its latest trading update Sports Direct - which owns the Sports World and Lillywhites stores and Slazenger and Dunlop brands - said sales for the 13 weeks to January 23 were up 12% while gross profit climbed 8.4% to £167m. During the period it has opened eight new stores and closed seven. And since the end of January its performance - especially in UK retailing - continues to be strong. So much so it expects to reach its full year earnings target of £205m. Debt is also likely to be lower than previously forecast, thanks to its strong performance. Sports Direct has risen 2.4p to 170p. JJB meanwhile is up 0.24p at 3.99p. Philip Dorgan at Altium Securities said:

Sports Direct is in a strong position, given the slow demise of one of its largest competitors. We remain buyers, and are increasing our target price from 175p to 200p, reflecting our increased confidence in Sports Direct's UK trading platform. In theory, the shares should go substantially higher and we expect this 'Sports Direct' discount to continue to narrow over time.

The "discount" refers to investor uncertainty about Ashley's control and influence at the company, as well as criticism of its early communication with the City following its flotation. Both these concerns seem to be easing.

At Seymour Pierce Freddie George lifted his target from 165p to 190p, with a buy recommendation. He listed a number of positives:

From recent store visits, it is clear that there has been a significant improvement in both store standards, particularly in branding and quality of its own label ranges, including Lonsdale and the professionalism of its sports section, such as 'sherunsheruns' and 'Football with soccer scene'.

The company will continue to benefit from capacity coming out of the market from JJB Sportswear [and] will be a beneficiary of the 'keep fit' trends and forthcoming sporting events – the Olympics and the Football Championships in 2012.

Both Sports Direct and JJB were cleared at the end of last year by the Serious Fraud Office of suspected price fixing, but investigations into individuals were continuing over alleged anti-competitive practices. Matthew McEachran at Singer Capital Markets said the shares were not expensive but could be constrained by the SFO situation:

Were they to be given a clean bill of health from the SFO regarding the investigation into individuals, we would envisage scope for target prices to edge up.

Wonder if Sports direct will move into the club stores he's closed down in Eldon Square and the metrocentre.

I assumed he was just saving on rent but you might be right there.

I reckon the fat man will spend between £20m and £25m in the summer. That will still give him £10m+ (+PL money etc) to pocket in reducing his outlay.

I feel it in my bones and I'm not usually wrong when I get these 'thoughts'.

Then again, I was sure Carroll wouldn't be sold last month :lol:

Its hard not to be pessamistic as we all know that the FCB is a liar who loves shitting on NUFC. Does not matter what he. Lambarse or the Puppet comes out with as I find it hard to believe any of there shite. Its a bastard tho as we should be thinking about a good finish this year and more next but instead we are just wondering how many of our best players will get sold in the summer.

Fucking hate Ashley. Hope wor lass fancies a shag tonight as I need something to cheer me up.

Tweeted Caulkin, Bird, Ryder and Douglas......The fight goes on!

Caulkin@TheTimes

@ToonBart there'll be some stuff related to all this - sort of - in tmw's paper.

citizensmith.jpg

Message from Mr Bird

Hoping to help on that front next week. Stay tuned
:lol::razz::icon_lol:<_<:icon_lol:

RockyBalboa5.jpg

Wonder if Sports direct will move into the club stores he's closed down in Eldon Square and the metrocentre.

The one in the Metrocentre has "Coming soon: our new look NUFC store!" or something along those lines. I bet it's some Sports Direct @ NUFC Shop cheap tat emporium.

Its ..bye bye ...Tiote ...Guitierrez ..Barton ..and anyone lese with a modicum of talent ..when are you muppets going to get it into your heads that Ashley doesnt give a fuck ? Hes out to screw as much profit out of this club ..come what may ...hes a businessman ...not a football man ...what else needs to be explained ...Keegan was right .

Its ..bye bye ...Tiote ...Guitierrez ..Barton ..and anyone lese with a modicum of talent ..when are you muppets going to get it into your heads that Ashley doesnt give a fuck ? Hes out to screw as much profit out of this club ..come what may ...hes a businessman ...not a football man ...what else needs to be explained ...Keegan was right .

Well I never! :lol:

I doubt it, neither of the units are really big enough for a Sports Direct and in both cases there is already one within 200 yards. Don't think the Metro Centre club shop is actually closing.

I know the rental rates in Monument Mall are very high, hence half the place is empty and Boots moved over the road a few years ago so I'm not surprised the club are not renewing the lease.

Every player has a price and if someone comes in with stupid money like they did for Carroll then its bye bye. If the money is re invested in the club then what's the problem?? Also if he wants to asset strip I'm sure he could have flogged Jose,Collo and Jonas by now

Caulkin@TheTimes
@ToonBart there'll be some stuff related to all this - sort of - in tmw's paper.

Message from Mr Bird

Hoping to help on that front next week. Stay tuned
:lol::razz::icon_lol:<_<:icon_lol:

End of the week?

Edited by Happy Face

heh known ashley your nightmare might come true lol he might end up selling all of our good players

What?

I see you have been forced to use your sooooper-dooooper mathematical ability to deduce your age from your birthdate elsewhere.

dumbass.jpg

People giving you shit about being a child on forums other than this one?

Maybe if you learnt to write in a semi-coherent manner people wouldn't assume you're a child. Funnily enough if you're not a child, and truly 26, then I'm sure you're a retard.

So in that case I apoligise for being so harsh. Picking on children is one thing. Picking on the mentally handicapped another thing entirely.

Edited by toonotl