Time For Ashley To Speak

Christmas Tree

Its ..bye bye ...Tiote ...Guitierrez ..Barton ..and anyone lese with a modicum of talent ..when are you muppets going to get it into your heads that Ashley doesnt give a fuck ? Hes out to screw as much profit out of this club ..come what may ...hes a businessman ...not a football man ...what else needs to be explained ...Keegan was right .

Every player has a price and if someone comes in with stupid money like they did for Carroll then its bye bye. If the money is re invested in the club then what's the problem?? Also if he wants to asset strip I'm sure he could have flogged Jose,Collo and Jonas by now

Its not a case of asset stripping, its a case that every player is basically purchased and played with the ultimate aim to shift them on at a canny profit. Turning us from a football club into a shop window.

ie have a good scouting network that unearthes young, lower league or foreign talent, buys them cheaply, pays them a fairly low wage and then when they hit the big time sell em on at a profit.

Every player has their price, trouble is ours arent the silly, Carroll type amounts that mean we hold onto them, Carroll would have been sold at £20m it was simply Liverpools stupidity that meant we got a lot more.

e'll have valued the likes of Tiote at an amount they can see as being good profit yet still likely to mean we get willing buyers. Id guess £10m would see him pushed out the door. The 6 for Enrique being a valid value based on the shortness of his contract.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if Sports direct will move into the club stores he's closed down in Eldon Square and the metrocentre.

I assumed he was just saving on rent but you might be right there.

I doubt it, neither of the units are really big enough for a Sports Direct and in both cases there is already one within 200 yards. Don't think the Metro Centre club shop is actually closing.

I know the rental rates in Monument Mall are very high, hence half the place is empty and Boots moved over the road a few years ago so I'm not surprised the club are not renewing the lease.

So I was right the first time? :lol:

Its ..bye bye ...Tiote ...Guitierrez ..Barton ..and anyone lese with a modicum of talent ..when are you muppets going to get it into your heads that Ashley doesnt give a fuck ? Hes out to screw as much profit out of this club ..come what may ...hes a businessman ...not a football man ...what else needs to be explained ...Keegan was right .

Every player has a price and if someone comes in with stupid money like they did for Carroll then its bye bye. If the money is re invested in the club then what's the problem?? Also if he wants to asset strip I'm sure he could have flogged Jose,Collo and Jonas by now

Its not a case of asset stripping, its a case that every player is basically purchased and played with the ultimate aim to shift them on at a canny profit. Turning us from a football club into a shop window.

ie have a good scouting network that unearthes young, lower league or foreign talent, buys them cheaply, pays them a fairly low wage and then when they hit the big time sell em on at a profit.

Every player has their price, trouble is ours arent the silly, Carroll type amounts that mean we hold onto them, Carroll would have been sold at £20m it was simply Liverpools stupidity that meant we got a lot more.

e'll have valued the likes of Tiote at an amount they can see as being good profit yet still likely to mean we get willing buyers. Id guess £10m would see him pushed out the door. The 6 for Enrique being a valid value based on the shortness of his contract.

Chelsea's surely?

Chelsea's surely?

Id say Liverpools, they could have paid us £25m, still sold Torres for 50 and pocketed an extra 10, this logic of we want to make £15m seems ludicrous to me, it should be a guide to what you'll be happy with but not laid down in stone.

Either way, the only set of fans to end up unhappy in this will ultimately be us, although Chelsea possibly could be narked based on his start!

Chelsea's surely?

Id say Liverpools, they could have paid us £25m, still sold Torres for 50 and pocketed an extra 10, this logic of we want to make £15m seems ludicrous to me, it should be a guide to what you'll be happy with but not laid down in stone.

Either way, the only set of fans to end up unhappy in this will ultimately be us, although Chelsea possibly could be narked based on his start!

Like I said in the other thread...the Torres deal was £15m on top of whatever Carroll cost. A brilliant bit of business for Liverpool meaning they couldn't finish out of pocket for the day thanks to Chelsea's deep pockets.

The 25% sell on clause (if true) isn't even much of a detriment to the deal on their side. They could move him on for £20m and still be coming out smelling of roses.

"The fee for Torres was dependent on what Newcastle asked for Carroll," John Henry (Liverpoool owner) told The Guardian. "The negotiation for us was simply the difference in prices paid by Chelsea and to Newcastle.

"Those prices could have been £35 million [for Torres] and £20 million [for Carroll], 40 and 25 or 50 and 35. It was ultimately up to Newcastle how much this was all going to cost. They [Newcastle] made a hell of a deal. We felt the same way."

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story...tml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Chelsea's surely?

My understanding of the situation is very different. Henry has stated very clearly that the price of Torres was based on the price of Caroll +15m. This was to add to the Babel money to pay for Suarez.

Henry also says that the Torres £50m offer was on the table first thing on monday morning. This can only be logically interpreted one way: everyone in the market knew that Carroll was available at £35m, take it or leave it. Abramovich knows Henry will sell Torres for 15m on the Carroll price so offers the 50m.

Any other interpretation concludes that Henry is talking shit since the Torres offer was a coincidence. I've looked at this every possible way and there is only one conclusion if you believe Henry, that the price of Carroll drove the market. If we dont believe Henry, then there is fuck all else to go on.

Chelsea's surely?

My understanding of the situation is very different. Henry has stated very clearly that the price of Torres was based on the price of Caroll +15m. This was to add to the Babel money to pay for Suarez.

Henry also says that the Torres £50m offer was on the table first thing on monday morning. This can only be logically interpreted one way: everyone in the market knew that Carroll was available at £35m , take it or leave it. Abramovich knows Henry will sell Torres for 15m on the Carroll price so offers the 50m.

Any other interpretation concludes that Henry is talking shit since the Torres offer was a coincidence. I've looked at this every possible way and there is only one conclusion if you believe Henry, that the price of Carroll drove the market. If we dont believe Henry, then there is fuck all else to go on.

as was said during the whole of January by some of us [bar the asking price which we didn't know at the time].

How much are Enrique, Tiotte and Barton available for ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Chelsea's surely?

Henry also says that the Torres £50m offer was on the table first thing on monday morning. This can only be logically interpreted one way: everyone in the market knew that Carroll was available at £35m , take it or leave it. Abramovich knows Henry will sell Torres for 15m on the Carroll price so offers the 50m.

as was said during the whole of January by some of us [bar the asking price which we didn't know at the time].

Messi is also available for sale. £200m apparently and he's ours. Every player is for sale at a price, everywhere no matter the club. If someone stumped up £200m for Messi, Barcelona would sell him.

Chelsea's surely?

My guess would be something like £10M, £8M and £5M.

Chelsea's surely?

My guess would be something like £10M, £8M and £5M.

the only saving grace so far as Barton is concerned, from our point of view, is that a lot of clubs wouldn't touch him because of his reputation.

It only takes one though, and he's away.

I think Enrique and Tiotte would both go for more than this tbh.

Chelsea's surely?

Messi is also available for sale. £200m apparently and he's ours. Every player is for sale at a price, everywhere no matter the club. If someone stumped up £200m for Messi, Barcelona would sell him.

of course, I realise that. But Barcelona wouldn't replace him with Peter Lovenkrands ?

Can't see Enrique going for much more than £10m. Purely on the basis he'll only have 12 months left on his contract.

aye, that may keep the price down from what he would be worth.

there's something to be said for the ashley approach of not over paying, but it's too extreme. cutting the wage bill, which was out of control under the last regime, and unearthing gems like tiote and ben arfa for minimal fees is one thing, but they need to complemented by better quality. and fromt iem to time that means putting your finger in yoru pocket. if you only shop in the bargain basement, you're going to end up with far more leon bests and peter lovenkrands than you are tiotes.

Wonder if Sports direct will move into the club stores he's closed down in Eldon Square and the metrocentre.

I assumed he was just saving on rent but you might be right there.

I doubt it, neither of the units are really big enough for a Sports Direct and in both cases there is already one within 200 yards. Don't think the Metro Centre club shop is actually closing.

I know the rental rates in Monument Mall are very high, hence half the place is empty and Boots moved over the road a few years ago so I'm not surprised the club are not renewing the lease.

So I was right the first time? :lol:

Aye, was supposed to quote HF not you.

there's something to be said for the ashley approach of not over paying, but it's too extreme. cutting the wage bill, which was out of control under the last regime, and unearthing gems like tiote and ben arfa for minimal fees is one thing, but they need to complemented by better quality. and fromt iem to time that means putting your finger in yoru pocket. if you only shop in the bargain basement, you're going to end up with far more leon bests and peter lovenkrands than you are tiotes

and maybe end up with an Owen, Luque or Boumsong for which you could have a dozen cheapo's and maybe get 2 Tiote's, maybe..............

there's something to be said for the ashley approach of not over paying, but it's too extreme. cutting the wage bill, which was out of control under the last regime, and unearthing gems like tiote and ben arfa for minimal fees is one thing, but they need to complemented by better quality. and fromt iem to time that means putting your finger in yoru pocket. if you only shop in the bargain basement, you're going to end up with far more leon bests and peter lovenkrands than you are tiotes.

Suppose the wage bill thing in reality is all about timing. Do you "smash it" :D to keep a Carroll and then have the knock on effect with the rest of the squad, or do you let the star men go and look for new stars or players that are more fitting with your current status and inch up the league.

I know what I would like in ideal world land, but Im sure the other scenario is the realistic one we will be following for a few years.

there's something to be said for the ashley approach of not over paying, but it's too extreme. cutting the wage bill, which was out of control under the last regime, and unearthing gems like tiote and ben arfa for minimal fees is one thing, but they need to complemented by better quality. and fromt iem to time that means putting your finger in yoru pocket. if you only shop in the bargain basement, you're going to end up with far more leon bests and peter lovenkrands than you are tiotes

and maybe end up with an Owen, Luque or Boumsong for which you could have a dozen cheapo's and maybe get 2 Tiote's, maybe..............

nah. A Shearer, Ferdinand, Ginola, Lee, Robert, Bellamy, Solano, Speed, Venison, Beresford, Cole, Sellars, Woodgate, Dyer, Peacock, Ferguson, Jenas etc....

Proof of the pudding is the league positions. Would you rather qualify for the Champions League and europe more than any club bar 4 in a 15 year period, or lose your best players and consider survival to be success ?

Don't really know why I'm asking this anymore. You're not skidmarks' dad are you ?

To break the top four you will need to spend mega bucks, Look at the spending power they have, even Spurs aint scared of splashing the cash. Say we had a £100m transfer kitty(not going to happen) and we kept our best players where do you think we could realisticaly finish???

I reckon top 6 but thats a hell of an investment for the Europa league. I hope these new financial rules will benefit clubs who dont have these sugar daddys with endless cash

Money helps, but scouting and organisation is the key to everything.

Well if Tiote and Ben Arfa are the product of this then thats good enough for me. Would rather see this than spunking money(wages,fees etc) on some over the hill or over rated Billybigbollocks

Money helps, but scouting and organisation is the key to everything.

Well if Tiote and Ben Arfa are the product of this then thats good enough for me. Would rather see this than spunking money(wages,fees etc) on some over the hill or over rated Billybigbollocks

Yep, players who see this club as a step up (which it is for all but a few) as opposed to players who see it as a gravy train/retirement fund.