Pardoo - How's he doing?

Happy Face

We need a new goalie.

I have to say, I struggle to understand exactly why everyone seems so anti-Harper.

Sure, he's no Buffon, but he's far from shite. Krul and Forster have a way to go yet before they're ready to take #1, and Harper has been a sterling servant of this club.

For the money we'd (un)likely spend on a keeper, we wouldn't get better than Harper, and as said, the young uns are a season ,at least, away from being our first choice keeper.

We need a new goalie.

I have to say, I struggle to understand exactly why everyone seems so anti-Harper.

Sure, he's no Buffon, but he's far from shite. Krul and Forster have a way to go yet before they're ready to take #1, and Harper has been a sterling servant of this club.

For the money we'd (un)likely spend on a keeper, we wouldn't get better than Harper, and as said, the young uns are a season ,at least, away from being our first choice keeper.

Not anti-Harper at all. I think he's done alright. BUT we NEED a new GOALIE!! Comprende?

:D

Aye, wasn't a dig at you Parky. There is an element though on here and elsewhere who seem to be gunning fir Harper.

My point about spend, do you reckon we can buy a better keeper than Harper for what Ashley is likely to spend?

Let's say £5 million for arguments sake?

Aye, wasn't a dig at you Parky. There is an element though on here and elsewhere who seem to be gunning fir Harper.

My point about spend, do you reckon we can buy a better keeper than Harper for what Ashley is likely to spend?

Let's say £5 million for arguments sake?

Tricky I admit.

Think the back four is pretty solid now (if we can keep it together) and a good keeper would really set us up in tight games.

Aware money needs spending upfront obviously.

No offence intended Tiotez nuts but you're a bit of a numbskull, aren't you? Fucking Vuckic and Krul :D Fack off.

:icon_lol:

tbf kevin, you've upped your level of craic recently haven't you

Upped the ante as one may say.

Since he took over we are sixth in the form league. 11 games - 16 points.

1 Man U 11 26

2 Arse 10 21

3 Spurs 10 21

4 Man City 11 20

5 Liverpool 12 20

6 Newcastle 11 16

7 Fulham 11 16

8 Chelsea 10 15

9 Sunderland 11 14

10 Everton 10 13

11 Bolton Wanderers 11 13

12 West Ham United 11 13

13 Aston Villa 12 13

14 Stoke City 10 12

15 Wolverhampton Wndrs 10 12

16 Birmingham City 10 12

17 Wigan Athletic 11 12

18 Blackburn Rovers 11 11

19 Blackpool 11 10

20 West Bromwich Albion 10 5

(we were 13th when he took over)

Edited by Ugly Mackems

Guest Your Name Here
Since he took over we are sixth in the form league. 11 games - 16 points.

1 Man U 11 26

2 Arse 10 21

3 Spurs 10 21

4 Man City 11 20

5 Liverpool 12 20

6 Newcastle 11 16

7 Fulham 11 16

8 Chelsea 10 15

9 Sunderland 11 14

10 Everton 10 13

11 Bolton Wanderers 11 13

12 West Ham United 11 13

13 Aston Villa 12 13

14 Stoke City 10 12

15 Wolverhampton Wndrs 10 12

16 Birmingham City 10 12

17 Wigan Athletic 11 12

18 Blackburn Rovers 11 11

19 Blackpool 11 10

20 West Bromwich Albion 10 5

(we were 13th when he took over)

What has he done to bring about this ‘improved’ form? He’s picking the same players Hughton picked, using the same formations Hughton used and I’d be lying if I said I spotted any minor tactical change let alone a significant one. That leaves motivation, but it’s fairly obvious our much heralded team spirit has had more to do with the senior players than either manager.

Can't really remember Harper making any mistakes this season. Or even whenever he would fill in for Given. Very good 'keeper.

You don't notice the keeper as much when your back 4 is shit hot.

We've had some very dodgy back fours over the years when Harper's filled in, or had an extended run, in the past. Think Boumsong and Bramble.

i think he is doing very well with how the owner wants a manager to be, especially with the media, and i think he is doing very well with how the team is playing so far, let's just hope it's the scouts who can find us some hungry young men to rape the rest of the league next season...

i think he is doing very well with how the owner wants a manager to be, especially with the media, and i think he is doing very well with how the team is playing so far, let's just hope it's the scouts who can find us some hungry young men to rape

I BEG YOUR PARDON?!

I didn't think I would ever say this, but i am actually starting to like the guy. Not just because of the results and whatever he is saying during the half time break, but just the way he conducts himself in interviews. I absolutely loved Hughton, but honestly, I never had that feeling we would be safe from relegation, but even before the Arsenal game, I started feeling we were playing better as a unit and passing better. Lets face it, he has even got Jonas playing well which can only help. I'm not going to get carried away as there is still a long way to go in terms of development, but I see the team spirit Hughton started get even stronger. I think the key will be how we do in the transfer market come summer and what influence Pardew has on it, and if he can keep the likes of Tiote, Enrique etc...

Now I just want to see Ben Arfa back in the black and white.

Cheik Tiote, Joey Barton, Jose Enrique, Kevin Nolan and Fabriccio Coloccini are the players who will keep Newcastle up, but undoubtedly the Andy Carroll deal means all of them, with the possible exchange of Gutierrez for Nolan, will go in the summer as the club has let them down by flogging the prize asset and replacing him with who? Well, as I stare at the photo of Andy Carroll that adorns the February page of my official Newcastle United calendar, the short term deal for Shefki Kuqi does not hint at a club looking to push on, does it? What the Carroll deal shows, considering all his weasel words from early December onwards and the cancellation of a Press Conference scheduled for 31st January that was rumoured to unveil Barton and Enrique as having penned new, long term deals, is that Pardew is a puppet of Ashley and Llambias. Just when a grudging note of acceptance was creeping in to the comments of Newcastle fans about the performances of the team, Stevenage excepted, following the managerial change, the empty rhetoric about keeping Carroll and augmenting an already thin squad shows Pardew to be either a bullshitter or easily manipulated by the club’s owner.