Souness is such a contrary fucker...

adios

...he's going to wait until every single Newcastle fan despises him and then lead us through a Souness wonderland, culminating in Michael Owen lifting the European Cup for Newcastle.

Discuss...

It certainly seems that everytime he appears to be on the verge that we pull off a result.

So long may the criticism from the press and abuse from the stands continue if it means pulling off results...

:lol:

66561[/snapback]

Still, I wouldn't mind winning games on a more regularly...

I'm happy about the win today (that I predicted) and I'm also sort of happy about the performance today, at least the team showed some determination.

Though, I'd like to watch a Newcastle game again were I really can enjoy the football played by the men in black and white. As nice as the win is, but it came from the only shot on target in the whole 95 mins. I want to see Newcastle dominating other teams more often and not just relying on single goals.

I'm happy about the win today (that I predicted) and I'm also sort of happy about the performance today, at least the team showed some determination.

Though, I'd like to watch a Newcastle game again were I really can enjoy the football played by the men in black and white. As nice as the win is, but it came from the only shot on target in the whole 95 mins. I want to see Newcastle dominating other teams more often and not just relying on single goals.

66564[/snapback]

Agreed, I just can't see us as a top 4 team with the way Souness sets up the team, I'm sure his Blackburn tactics were massively different.

I'll say one thing though, I thought the players had stopped playing for him, I was wrong.

It certainly seems that everytime he appears to be on the verge that we pull off a result.

So long may the criticism from the press and abuse from the stands continue if it means pulling off results...

66561[/snapback]

meaning we are doomed to mid table oblivion

66564[/snapback]

Agreed, I just can't see us as a top 4 team with the way Souness sets up the team, I'm sure his Blackburn tactics were massively different.

I'll say one thing though, I thought the players had stopped playing for him, I was wrong.

66572[/snapback]

Probably one of the first times I have seen us under Souness come out in the second half fighting better than the first. But hold your horses (re: losing players) - this was only one result - remember what we were like against Wigan some 10 days ago.

Arsenal are not the force they were - they are getting beat by virtually everyone away from home. I thought this would be a 1-0 victory for them, but as soon as I saw Henry pissing his chances away being a fancy Dan in the first half, I knew we had a good chance of an upset. But an upset it is, and that says it all. No evidence we have turned the corner imo.

Still, really nice to enjoy a match once in a while! :lol:

Arsenal's players are a problem for them now. Henry sometimes looks lazy and is always arrogant, along with the likes of Pires. They really miss Veira, and Gilberto has been crap recently. Then there's injuries and Cygan playing at left-back (not yesterday though).

66561[/snapback]

I'm still to hear it (except from myself). The press go on about the fans forcing him out. All I've seen in the stadium is support or indifference.

66561[/snapback]

I'm still to hear it (except from myself). The press go on about the fans forcing him out. All I've seen in the stadium is support or indifference.

66673[/snapback]

Generally speaking you're absolutely spot on, the Villa match was the first time I'd heard song aimed at Souness's head and they were sang by a very small minority. If anything, despite their misgivings about him, the fans have given Souness every chance.

66561[/snapback]

66564[/snapback]

I miss that too :lol: