Would you settle for being an Everton?

Kid Dynamite

I meant more in a footballing and transfers sense btw. Would you be happy selling our best players but still having a decent team and signing the odd decent player to be amongst the pack chasing 6th place each season.

Moyes has been astute in the transfer market on the whole, picking up Championship players and developing them (Cahill, Jagielka, Lescott etc.). Dunno if Pardoo has that ability??

Everton are a bigger club than Newcastle.

That is not a wind up, just a fact.

Won the league and the cup twice in my life time.

Cant argue with that.

bigger than spurs by that rationale too

It's been done to death though and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter because these days it's about random investment. Man City are talked up as a some kind of illustrious football club, just like it happened to Chelsea when they received heavy backing.

Newcastle have won more than Chelsea, fill more seats etc etc but who's the bigger club? Not even close and all thanks to foreign money.

Guest LeazesLad
Everton are a bigger club than Newcastle.

That is not a wind up, just a fact.

Won the league and the cup twice in my life time.

Cant argue with that.

By that definition they are a MUCH bigger club than Tottenham if that's the case then.

That's not a wind up, just a fact.

As for us settling for being an Everton, regardless which angle you look at it, we should still have hopes to achieve more than 6th, 7th and 8th positions as Everton have for 5 or 6 years. If Tottenham can do it anyone can, but the difference is with them they showed some ambition once they got themselves in to a position to kick on. They accepted they couldn't hold on to the likes of Carrick and Berbatov and slowly grew the club to the point where they could hold on to their best players and kick on. That is never going to happen with Ashley at the helm with us, I think that much is patently obvious. The main point though, more aspirations than Everton from a standing start? We certainly should have, we have a much higher turnover, far greater support, more money via the media as we're on telly a lot more than them, but like I say Tottenham even are away from us now, Man City with their money, so it's gonna be us, Villa, the mackems and Everton for best of the rest and that's something we need to deal with. As long as we have more interesting seasons than Everton I don't care, we'll get through it eventually, someone will buy us when the world's booming again, I can't think of one club in world football at the price, who would be a more attractive proposition to be honest.

It's been done to death though and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter because these days it's about random investment. Man City are talked up as a some kind of illustrious football club, just like it happened to Chelsea when they received heavy backing.

Newcastle have won more than Chelsea, fill more seats etc etc but who's the bigger club? Not even close and all thanks to foreign money.

Newcastle are a bigger club than Chelsea.

Everything they have won since Abramovic has a massive * next to it

Guest LeazesLad
Big club debate. Class.

Internet. Statistics. Wikipedia. Opinion. etc etc

Simple equation

Current position X fanbase X Honours won

That Thomas, is science.

Well the only one they win on is honours won and even then it's only by 4 trophies.

Guest LeazesLad

Newcastle are a bigger club than Chelsea.

Everything they have won since Abramovic has a massive * next to it

Are we fuck. They are a much bigger club than we are, and it's ridiculous even commenting on Tottenham.

Big club debate. Class.

Simple equation

That Thomas, is science.

Well the only one they win on is honours won and even then it's only by 4 trophies.

I think you need to weight honours by how recent they are.

Im not sure anything pre war holds a lot of weight.

Guest LeazesLad
Big club debate. Class.

Simple equation

That Thomas, is science.

Why? :D So it suits your argument? I weight fanbase heaviest of all and we piss on both Everton and Tottenham in that regard.

Anyway wank argument, and shit contribution from you in this thread. A bad thread for you.

It's all relative though isn't it? The game changes all the time so why would the war be a cut off point, why is that more applicable than say - the formation of the Premier League or the introduction of substitutions etc etc.

Big club debate. Class.

Simple equation

That Thomas, is science.

Why? :D So it suits your argument? I weight fanbase heaviest of all and we piss on both Everton and Tottenham in that regard.

Anyway wank argument, and shit contribution from you in this thread. A bad thread for you.

I know exactly where we stand in the "big club" stakes.

If we were insignificant then there wouldnt be so many weird tooners that put Tottenham in their top three most hated teams.

Guest LeazesLad
Plus fan base is an nationwide / international thing.

Everton have more fans world wide than Newcastle. Goes without saying.

You total mug. Wonder if Everton would play in Norway against a Norwegian team and have 6,000 Norwegian away fans in their end like when we played Valerenga. Your football knowledge is desperate. Whenever I've been around the world, especially Asia, you see kids supporting Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. Probably Chelsea a lot more now, but outside of those three, it's clearly us. Tottenham I've never even heard of a foreign Tottenham fan. We have the third biggest supporters club in Singapore for example, but fuck foreigners, it's not like they put much money in, but you're being a boring prick again with your baseless foundationless non-sense.

It's all relative though isn't it? The game changes all the time so why would the war be a cut off point, why is that more applicable than say - the formation of the Premier League or the introduction of substitutions etc etc.

There is no cut off but the relevence of a trophy decreases in time the further away it is.

You total mug. Wonder if Everton would play in Norway against a Norwegian team and have 6,000 Norwegian away fans in their end like when we played Valerenga. Your football knowledge is desperate. Whenever I've been around the world, especially Asia, you see kids supporting Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool. Probably Chelsea a lot more now, but outside of those three, it's clearly us. Tottenham I've never even heard of a foreign Tottenham fan. We have the third biggest supporters club in Singapore for example, but fuck foreigners, it's not like they put much money in, but you're being a boring prick again with your baseless foundationless non-sense.

Why lie?

Why lie?

Bit hypocritical, didn't you claim to have a "top job in the city" then it turned out you are actually a customer services representative on a call centre for Vodafone? :D