Carlton Cole

KeithJ

It seems almost on a weekly basis we are being linked with Carlton Cole for £10mil or so. He is always being linked as a replacement for Andy Carroll which everyone knows is a total joke. In what way will he ever replace Carroll?

I suspect this is more the agent than Newcastle, trying to play on Alan Pardews past with him. I would hate to sign him especially for the £10mil we are supposedly being quoted. He is nothing more than another Shola Ameobi. Only scored 4 times in the Premiership this season. Shola and Best have a better scoring record in the league than him!

If Pardew brings in Cole for anymore than £2.5mil, then we will truly have been mugged!

Sunday Rag Link

Guest LeazesLad

In any season Newcastle is a step up from West Ham, but if they stay up being a Londoner he'll probably be happy staying. For that very reason I really hope they do stay up, because he is shit, this would be a move as destined to failure as Boumsong was, and Kluivert was. You just know certain things won't work out, I knew Souness would fuck us up, Cole would be a disastrous signing.

How the fuck are we being linked with Carlton Cole? He's uber-shite, if the club are willing to waste £10m after banging on about making savings and the rest of it they really need their heads testing! I'd rather have Chopra back or one of the other Championship strikers that do well, sure they'd be cheaper too.

It just doesnt make any sense spending money on Carlton Cole when we already have no less than 3 varients of him in Shola, Best and Ranger who are either as good or not far off his own erratic level of ability.

Edited by TicTacWoe

Must be just paper talk. Surely. No way in the world is that plank worth £10 mill.

If he's worth £10mill Ameobi is worth £15mill.

A £10 million signing would get us someone from Ligue 1 with real class that could perform well in the PL, not someone who over the course of their career has proven they can't perform in the PL.

I would like to see Connor Wickham at the club.

Spurs have first dibs on him. And given that none of their strikers seem in favour I can't imagine them passing up the opportunity.

Why do Spurs have first dibs?