Tracksuit or Suit

The Fish

Sky Sports News just had a brief piece about whether the manager's wardrobe has any bearing on his team's success.

Sir Alex Ferguson wears a suit

Warnock wears a tracksuit

Poyet - Suit

John Sheridan - Tracksuit

Lennon - Tracksuit

So what does that tell us?

I'll tell you what that tells us; there's fuck all going on today in the world of sports... :lol:

Guest LeazesLad
It looks particularly shit if a manager wears a suit as well as a Puma/Nike/adidas/Umbro coat.

I tell you what looks the shittest, German managers wear a full suit and on the white collar of their shirts it will said "adidas" horrific, and only the German's would be oblivious to the utter tack of it.

Wenger's always looks particularly wank like. Not sure if some of them are contractually obliged to wear them but if I was the kit manufacturer I'd be putting in a clause stopping them if they've got a suit on.

PAISLEY5.JPG

Tailored suit and home-knit cardigan. God love Bob Paisley :lol:

Funnily enough my Dad saw him once in the players' lounge at Anfield (after he'd retired as manager) and commented on the exact same thing, i.e. he was wearing an immaculate suit and he took the jacket off to reveal a crocheted cardigan. Class :lol:

Just after Mourinho threw his lucky overcoat into the crowd at Chelski, he turned out at SJP in a puffer track jacket.

Cue Level 7- " Your coat's from Matalan

Your coat's from Matalan"

Class :lol:

(this might've been the game where he put three subs on at halftime , then Shearer clattered Wayne Bridge, not sure though).

Hughton1.jpg

Enough said. Especially his Halloween Derby day suit!

Yup, that looked very classy.

I also agree that players should turn up to training and leave in a suit.

They're professionals and should treat turning up to work every day in such a way. Otherwise every day just seems like a civvies day.

I expect getting players to turn up and leave in a suit would be a mission. They probably think they're keepin' it real as they put on their designer gear and climb into their ferraris after their 2 hours' work for the day.

I expect getting players to turn up and leave in a suit would be a mission. They probably think they're keepin' it real as they put on their designer gear and climb into their ferraris after their 2 hours' work for the day.

Should turn up to St James' on match day in a suit.

As for training I really don't see what the point in turning up to training in anything but training gear is. On the way out obviously they can wear something else, but no point in putting on a suit for the sake of it.

It's funny how Tony Pulis constantly becomes another person post match. Wearing a bloody anorak and an embarassing baseball cap in the dugout, he looks like an American baseball youth coach. After the game, he comes across like a paedophile in a suit when he's interviewed.

I suppose there's a reason he's wearing that bloody cap.......

I always felt more confident when Hughton was wearing a suit on match day.

Whatever happened to drill tops? Martin O'Neil used to favour the drill top/polo shirt combo (a lesser seen ensemble in the modern age of football management)

Edited by angrysteve

As for training I really don't see what the point in turning up to training in anything but training gear is. On the way out obviously they can wear something else, but no point in putting on a suit for the sake of it.

I'd be ok with them turning up and leaving in club training gear, I suppose.

I'd be ok with them turning up and leaving in club training gear, I suppose.

Long gone are the days the players used to drive to the ground and leave their cars in the car park. Miss those mass huddles around a player with people trying to get autographs or free tickets as they made their way to the main entrance.