"Sunderland's a shithole, I want to go home"

Anorthernsoul

Guest LeazesLad
I see numerous other clubs have been adapting this over the past month or so, fucking plagiarism!

To be fair, it's not wors. Man City sang it to us at SJP in December. From Manchester singing about the toon being a shithole. Like Kevin criticising a hair cut that.

I see numerous other clubs have been adapting this over the past month or so, fucking plagiarism!

To be fair, it's not wors. Man City sang it to us at SJP in December. From Manchester singing about the toon being a shithole. Like Kevin criticising a hair cut that.

Do you not have a chav hair cut :lol:?

City were singing it at the (OT) Manchester derby. Adapted to 'Stretford' of course, which prompted a spectacularly petty standing ovation from me, even by my standards.

City were singing it at the (OT) Manchester derby. Adapted to 'Stretford' of course, which prompted a spectacularly petty standing ovation from me, even by my standards.

:lol:

Yeah, Sunderland is a shit hole. Even the name doesnt really make it sound exciting. I can imagine Steve Bruce selling the club to future signings.

Bruce "Come to our club, we got a great stadium, great team spirit and you can get a nice place in Newcastle which is a stones throw away!" :lol:

I went to see a band (Jonny, made up of Euros Childs from Gorky's Zygotic Mynci and Norman bBake from Teenage Fanclub) at The Independent on Monday night; a decent little venue, but not a patch on The Cluny where they'd played the night before.

Interestingly, the crowd at The Independent was about 50, while there were 175 at The Cluny, so it's not only football matches but gigs that mackems don't go to see. Perhaps it was on Latvian MTV at the Vane Tempest Club in Seaham

I think 99% of Sunderland fans would admit that Newcastle has a much better city centre than Sunderland, there's no debating it. Players don't have to live there though do they, wonder how many players actually live in the city/town they play for?

Anyway, doesn't make the song anymore original!

Find it ironic that Mag fans from places like Walker, Stanley etc... can sing stuff like that. :o

I even seen people I know from Consett in the Mag end at the derby singing it, talk about double fucking standards.

Still don't know what it has to do with football however, the "shithole" is above the supposed capital of the north east in the league table last time I checked however.