Given the choice would you go back?

Would you swap?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Alright, say you've been given the choice, would you swap back to the 2006-2007 squad right now if offered the swap? Obviously take carroll out of todays squad :lol:

2006-2007

app-goals-full.gif

This season

app-goals-players.gif

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LeazesLad

Well imo, the 2007 squad has more talent by far, but the 2011 squad are a much better set of lads and apply themselves better. In terms of technique I'd rather have 2007.

:lol:

There really should be an entrance exam.

I said that a long, long time ago. Me doing the questions.

:lol: Not for nothing, if you knock up 20 questions, I'll definitely support it's introduction by bribing the good and the great of Toontastic :lol:

I'm a big fan of how ASM writes fuckin' instead of fucking, like it makes him some kind of hard man. "'Ere lad, come on and have a go. Fuckin' pussy!" :lol: I can just see him hunched over the computer, drooling on the keyboard, muttering "Aye, that's it, that's them fuckin' telt" over and over again.

Cue him showing up to hurl invective that he thinks is supremely clever (viz. Gemmil and "alpha male", Leazes and "deluded old fuckwit") at me, probably something involving the word "yank." Like that hasn't been done a few hundred times before on this board, bit like his and Leazes' endless quote pyramids.

I voted for the 2006-2007 squad, but it's a close one. '07 has this season's squad beat comfortably in midfield and in goal, this season's has '07 beat in defence and even discounting Carroll, I don't think they're far off in attack.

Guest LeazesLad
:lol:

There really should be an entrance exam.

I said that a long, long time ago. Me doing the questions.

:lol: Not for nothing, if you knock up 20 questions, I'll definitely support it's introduction by bribing the good and the great of Toontastic :lol:

Should be a points system. You need 50% to get in. 10 questions about the toon (3 points for each correct answer). 10 questions about football in general, and a 200 word written statement "why you aren't a mug". To be given a mark out of forty by a panel of five appointed adjudicators.

Alright, say you've been given the choice, would you swap back to the 2006-2007 squad right now if offered the swap? Obviously take carroll out of todays squad :lol:

2006-2007

app-goals-full.gif

This season

app-goals-players.gif

You sad, sad mug. To back up your point, you resort to this. No doubt, my viewpoint will be mirrored.

Anybody voting for 2006-2007 with the benefit of hindsight deserves a slap imo. Flair, you're an idiot, and also now on ignore. I suggest you watch a couple of games of football and learn about the game before showing up and embarrassing yourself further :lol:

Anybody voting for 2006-2007 with the benefit of hindsight deserves a slap imo. Flair, you're an idiot, and also now on ignore. I suggest you watch a couple of games of football and learn about the game before showing up and embarrassing yourself further :lol:

:lol: The irony. You twat, you are trying to compare 2011 versions of those players..... Back then, people like Duff were world class.

:lol: The irony. You twat, you are trying to compare 2011 versions of those players..... Back then, people like Duff were world class.

Am I the only one laughing at this cunt? Was Duff ever world class for us? What a mug, your first name is Deep and you live in London. What a know-nowt jester

Am I the only one laughing at this cunt? Was Duff ever world class for us? What a mug, your first name is Deep and you live in London. What a know-nowt jester

Am I missing something? Duff won the title with Chelsea in 2005-2006. He tore open defences. He got injured during the 2006-7 season and was hampered. Seriously, you are a a mug.

I'm a big fan of how ASM writes fuckin' instead of fucking, like it makes him some kind of hard man. "'Ere lad, come on and have a go. Fuckin' pussy!" :lol: I can just see him hunched over the computer, drooling on the keyboard, muttering "Aye, that's it, that's them fuckin' telt" over and over again.

Cue him showing up to hurl invective that he thinks is supremely clever (viz. Gemmil and "alpha male", Leazes and "deluded old fuckwit") at me, probably something involving the word "yank." Like that hasn't been done a few hundred times before on this board, bit like his and Leazes' endless quote pyramids.

I voted for the 2006-2007 squad, but it's a close one. '07 has this season's squad beat comfortably in midfield and in goal, this season's has '07 beat in defence and even discounting Carroll, I don't think they're far off in attack.

Our midfield this year is COMFORTABLY better than the one back then. Not even debatable. We've got the top goalscoring midfielder in the league ffs. I write fuckin' how it's pronounced over here, I couldn't give a fuck about giving you any abuse, I don't care about your opinions on soccer enough to warrant it, because your comments re: the midfield prove that they aren't very clever ones. Run along, sport!

Our midfield this year is COMFORTABLY better than the one back then. Not even debatable. We've got the top goalscoring midfielder in the league ffs. I write fuckin' how it's pronounced over here, I couldn't give a fuck about giving you any abuse, I don't care about your opinions on soccer enough to warrant it, because your comments re: the midfield prove that they aren't very clever ones. Run along, sport!

Shows you know fuck all, it's better marginally. Likes of N'Zogbia and Milner would walk into our team. Didn't we even try and blow £12million on N'Zogbia on deadline day?

Edited by Flair