If you could own one piece of art……

Monkeys Fist

Music is choonez!

Seriously, why are people throbbing at the gash over that picture of a few dodgy paint lines in it?? :lol:

i take it Pollack isn't your cup of tea. eye of the beholder an all that....

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gallery_painting_9_alan_shearer.jpg

Alan Shearer, acrylic on canvas

I like that who's the artist?

john-lennon-712117936.jpg

John Lennon's picture of George Robledo scoring the winner in the 1952 FA Cup final....No9 is Jackie Milburn....it appeared as the cover of Lennon's Walls & Bridges album in the 1970s, and he also released a single from it called "no 9 dream"

"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but they are shit.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that but they are shit.

One of them was done by and 11 year old scouser what do you fuckin expect? :o

The other one is sort of impressiony/abstracty....I'm sure you know its not supposed to be a photographic reproduction of the subject so I don't really see how you can say it's "shit"; it's the "artist's impression" of Shearer, I presume scoring the record breaking goal...but as you say one mans meat, peace and love etc...

I suppose the fact I have nothing that I love so much that I have a copy hanging around the house, puts me in the not that fussed bracket.

Uncouth heathen tbf :(

Surprised.

I'd always had you down as a lover of Bacon

:o

Guest LeazesLad
Me it has to be the Mona Lisa love that Painting

:o Spoken like someone who genuinely can't think of another painting.

This would be mine.

Lowry,_Huddersfield.jpg

It's grotty, it's grimy, but it's real. I've got no art culture in me at all really, which is strange seeing as though my mother was a professional artist, but see this painting by Lowry it tells it's own story to me, as nearly all of his do. They say to me he's just some cunt from the gritty North West of England who liked a pint, he's nee van Gogh but he had a gann. If you look at this picture here, not only did he have a go, he tells a story within his painting look at it. It screams "we're hard working northern cunts who are trying to get by", and he has his own ultra unique style. Give me this anyday than some fuckin elaborate pish with some fuckin naked Italian with his small cock stickin oot pointing. I really like Lowry's work.

This would be mine.

Lowry,_Huddersfield.jpg

It's grotty, it's grimy, but it's real. I've got no art culture in me at all really, which is strange seeing as though my mother was a professional artist, but see this painting by Lowry it tells it's own story to me, as nearly all of his do. They say to me he's just some cunt from the gritty North West of England who liked a pint, he's nee van Gogh but he had a gann. If you look at this picture here, not only did he have a go, he tells a story within his painting look at it. It screams "we're hard working northern cunts who are trying to get by", and he has his own ultra unique style. Give me this anyday than some fuckin elaborate pish with some fuckin naked Italian with his small cock stickin oot pointing. I really like Lowry's work.

Get yourself in for this mate, with your pay rise:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12324389

Guest LeazesLad

This would be mine.

Lowry,_Huddersfield.jpg

Get yourself in for this mate, with your pay rise:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-12324389

Divvint get me wrong I like his work, but nen of them are worth more than Tiote.

Mr Fist. Landscape watercolour artist. Used to sell them in art shops all over the country, and on that bridge above "pets corner" of a Sunday. Her two kids me and WM me sister, are the least artistic people on earth, although I have the artists tantrum temperament sometimes.

Are you in to all that pish?

Well, I can draw. :o

My brother got the lions share of the artistic genes in our family, he's a graphic designer.

I do love art though, me and Mrs. Fist will have a stroll down Armstrong Bridge now and again, although most of the stuff there is pish.

I can stand in front of an image,sculpture or building and marvel at it for ages though , if it's something that catches me.

My brother got the lions share of the artistic genes in our family, he's a graphic designer.

I do love art though, me and Mrs. Fist will have a stroll down Armstrong Bridge now and again, although most of the stuff there is pish.

I can stand in front of an image,sculpture or building and marvel at it for ages though , if it's something that catches me.

Aye buildings for me, mainly cathedrals. I think how the fuck did those fuckers with nee scaffolding etc ever build that. Just incredible be it Durham or notre dame.

With an impeccable taste in books I have to say!

Guest LeazesLad
Skunkers, will be going mental about this place like: top three threads about art, recipes and keeping yourself trim :o

What about this.....

You have mentioned toontastic and i think that is much more your sort of board, that board has cracking debates on hiring childminders and gardeners and how to do the guardian crossword. I would add that in your quest to win a shitty fucking competition you spammed this board 24/7 for a month.

they were debating the cost of childcare and commenting how much money they are all on it reminds me of the Gosforth park hotel in the old days full of fucking tossers i prefer this place more spit and sawdust and like a dirty old boozer where you can spit and fart and no one gives a fuck.

Guest LeazesLad

Can ye? I just think fuck this, I need a bacon sandwich. I remember being dragged round the national gallery by me sister and nana when I was about 10, and I resented being there, all I could think about was how the toon were getting on at Watford.