Blyth V Gateshead

Anorthernsoul

I went to see the Bay at Wembley 2 years ago so won't be going back for Gateshead. Their players were far superior on the day. Their fans were atrocious though. 700 away fans, 2-0 up at the local rivals and you could have heard a pin drop in their end.

If Blyth can continue their run of form in the league we have a decent shot at making the playoffs.

I was told by a Gateshead fan that a lot of their support at Blyth were just people from Newcastle who wanted to see the game, and weren't actually Gateshead fans in particular. Makes sense seeing how they didn't sing or cheer! The Heed Army had their people there though just a few hundred not the 7-800 in the stand.

Ps. This was one mans opinion.. so may not be true, like I said I've no interest in seeing Gateshead do badly or anything like that!

Edited by BlythSpartan

I went to see the Bay at Wembley 2 years ago so won't be going back for Gateshead. Their players were far superior on the day. Their fans were atrocious though. 700 away fans, 2-0 up at the local rivals and you could have heard a pin drop in their end.

If Blyth can continue their run of form in the league we have a decent shot at making the playoffs.

:( Your fans were hardly fantastic. From the Gateshead end (where there was 20 short of 1,000) you couldn't hear the Blyth fans at all, occasionally a drum being banged but that was it.