An incident at Bolton game

henda11

Right, me and a few mates from work, and a couple of their mates went to the Bolton game at the weekend, we were sat in the south west corner, about 15 rows up.

Anyway, i think all of you will agree that it is a knee jerk reaction to get up out of your seat when your team makes an attack correct?. Anyway, one of my work mates mate, stood up out of his seat as we attacked from a cross, and the old cunt behind him proceeded to fucking push him and started shouting sick the fuck down you cunt, and the lad had to stop himself from falling into the row in front by putting his hands on the seat.

So anyway, i pulled the bloke and asked him what the fuck he thought he was doing, because what he did was border lining on fucking assault. So he started giving me the shit about how hes been coming here since 1954 and all this shit, which quite frankly i couldn't give a flying fuck how long anyone has been coming to watch Newcastle play. Anyway, he continued to blab on about it, and i tried getting my point across that its a knee jerk reaction to get up out of your seat when your team attacks, and then he started with his shitty language and started knudging me with his elbow, and i asked him what the fuck he was knudging me for, and he said because i was arguing with him, which tbh i wasn't really, i was proving my point about it being instinct to get to your feet when your team gets a cross in etc.....And he started with his crap about paying £500 a season and all this shit, and to be frank, i couldn't give a fuck if he paid £5000. Alot of people get labelled point timers simply because they go to a few matches a season, which to me is out of order, because alot of people may not be able to afford a season ticket, or they might have to work weekends. At the end of the day my mates paid for our tickets, and we can stand up whenever we want.

No doubt he was one of the cunts that left the Arsenal game early, as he left the Bolton game at the 70th minute.

if theres any grammar mistakes, its because i type like a monkey on speed.

:rolleyes: ...and breathe.

I was in the Gallowgate (which I haven't been in for a couple of years now) and the bell end next to me spent the entire second half shouting about if it had been anyone other than Joey Barton he wouldn't have been sent off (in reference to Ryan Taylor). That and racially abusing Leon Best, while applauding Cheick Tiote.

I was in the Gallowgate (which I haven't been in for a couple of years now) and the bell end next to me spent the entire second half shouting about if it had been anyone other than Joey Barton he wouldn't have been sent off (in reference to Ryan Taylor). That and racially abusing Leon Best, while applauding Cheick Tiote.

Its a disgrace how some supporters can be racist towards their own players, let alone anyone at all. scum of the earth

Was he grotesquely obese, a bit simple looking and wearing a stripy, creased shirt?

Anyway, i think all of you will agree that it is a knee jerk reaction to get up out of your seat when your team makes an attack correct?. Anyway, one of my work mates mate, stood up out of his seat as we attacked from a cross, and the old cunt behind him proceeded to fucking push him and started shouting sick the fuck down you cunt, and the lad had to stop himself from falling into the row in front by putting his hands on the seat.

So anyway, i pulled the bloke

The youth (and oldth) of today and their sexual antics :rolleyes:

I couldn't make it on Saturday, so on this occasion I'm not guilty.

That was you???!!! Had I known I was sitting next to you I would have said hello ;) Joey didn't deserve sending off, like.

Was he grotesquely obese, a bit simple looking and wearing a stripy, creased shirt?

;)

Thought Ashley had stopped sitting with the fans?

Oh, wait...

Guest LeazesLad

It's amazing how many people are just casually racist in the ground and no cunt says anything. The bloke next to me, I get on really, really well with him most of the time, but he'll say something like "team full of darkies these we'll beat them", and I'll go "you can't say that nowadays man". It's just ignorance and people from different generations were more prone to be racist than wors.

I had the same thing at SJP a few years ago. I can't understand anyone who treats the match like going to the cinema, of course you're going to stand up if something important's going on. Unless you're an old fossil with a tartan blanket on your knees....

It's a shame they won't allow some limited standing areas imo.

The thing is even the racists don't believe they're racist, a lad on my facebook posted a status about some racist tosh and i quote one of the comments he wrote on the status was "I'm not racist, i just divn't like the black bastards" :rolleyes:

I wept a little inside knowing i had this person on my friends list...

The thing is even the racists don't believe they're racist, a lad on my facebook posted a status about some racist tosh and i quote one of the comments he wrote on the status was "I'm not racist, i just divn't like the black bastards" :rolleyes:

You should stone cold stunner the cunt.

I think the racism argument is very interesting when it comes to football and Generations. I think personally that some people can be let off with racism and some cant. Fairly young lads like myself have no right to be racist. Been brought up in a society which does not alow it, simple as that. However, you must also remember that a lot of people who go to the games have been brought up collecting gollywogs and the like. Racism was casual and people got much less offended. It must be extremley difficult for these people to try and change the way they have been brought up and spent the majority of their lives.

Now obviously if they are actively being racist, like part of the BNP etc they should be shot with shit, but the odd slip of the tongue, I don't know whether some people over react to this somewhat

I think the racism argument is very interesting when it comes to football and Generations. I think personally that some people can be let off with racism and some cant. Fairly young lads like myself have no right to be racist. Been brought up in a society which does not alow it, simple as that. However, you must also remember that a lot of people who go to the games have been brought up collecting gollywogs and the like. Racism was casual and people got much less offended. It must be extremley difficult for these people to try and change the way they have been brought up and spent the majority of their lives.

Now obviously if they are actively being racist, like part of the BNP etc they should be shot with shit, but the odd slip of the tongue, I don't know whether some people over react to this somewhat

This, it's like when I actively try not to swear I inevitably still end up sounding like Gordon Ramsay because it's just how I've always been. It's hard to change the habits of a lifetime which have become 2nd nature to you. This is not to say I approve of racism though.

It's amazing how many people are just casually racist in the ground and no cunt says anything. The bloke next to me, I get on really, really well with him most of the time, but he'll say something like "team full of darkies these we'll beat them", and I'll go "you can't say that nowadays man".

While it's laudible that you say something to him I don't think you'll change his mind with that argument, tbh. If anything someone of that mindset might even look upon you as quietly condoning it, even though I appreciate you arn't.

The phrase "(Insert racist view), of course you can't say that nowerdays..." has become something of a nudge, nudge, wink, wink terminology for casual racists. This isn't helped by the way in which fossils like the one you're describing are drip fed hatemongering stories by the tabloids on a daily basis, telling them that their views are quietly acceptable but that they're to keep shtum in public in case they fall victim to undisclosed "PC" pressure groups, probably operating from "Brussels".

It's difficult to get them to understand the true reasoning behind why they shouldn't hold such views and why such views should never have been acceptable at any time. It's even more difficult when you're trying to convince a stranger at a football match and uncomfortable in the extreme when its coming from some kindly looking old grandfather figure instead of some EDL, flag waving moron.

Telling them they're racist or falling out with them doesn't help either, that will often just turn them into self-pitying martyrs.

I'm not sure what you'll be able to do to change this bloke's opinions, other than perhaps explaining to him why his views make you uncomfortable, which might at least get him to think about why he still harbours them himself.

Edited by MichaelNUFC