Crowds (or the lack of them in Smogland)

Gene_Clark

---------

The ------ broken line represents the change between Strachan and Mowbray. The sad fact for the Beast Boys is that exchanging their most vilified manager in living memory (we'll let Captain Lager off as they liked him for a while) for their most adored prodigal son has seen their average crowd drop from 17,501 to 15,824, with an overall season average of 16,416.

I know the Smogs are off our radar now, as they lie in 18th place in D2, so we're unlikely to face them soon. The question is, do you miss them?

Personally I hate our face painted, foam handed, replica shirted, nylon wigged pals from Allow Bernie Tree Legunds land, but it has nothing to do with geography & more that until Hamster Cheeks Gibbo turned up, 90% of Burragh residents were Liverpool fans.

What are your thoughts?

Any memories of close scrapes with the Frontline in early 80s to mid 90s welcome...

Shit club, shit town....shouldnt even have a fuckin football team tbh.

Edit....Boro are a Leeds, Wigan, Stoke and Hull kinda club. Fuckin disgusting places which should not have a football club.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

I don't really care about the Boro. The only antipathy I have towards them stems from the fact that every (I do mean every, I'm not exaggerating here) Boro fan I have met has been a complete moron. Christ, I find most Mackems quite affable when we're not on the subject of football but Smoggies are to a man fuckwits.

The club don't actually bother me and I think Steve Gibson is a fantastic bloke who has been severely let down by the support but the people. Dear God, the people.

I've lived in Boro a few times over my life and it's true what Ketsbaia says, every single one of them is a complete fuckwit. The only ones I can actually stand are the mates I grew up with from School or the mates I have from Boro when I lived there.

Match days have got steadily worse down there as well, I think they resent the fact that we couldn't give a shit about them really and they show that anger by getting aggressive with you. Forget having a post match pint in Boro (should you want to).

Wasn't there bother in boro station last time we played them after the game?

Shit club, shit town....shouldnt even have a fuckin football team tbh.

Edit....Boro are a Leeds, Wigan, Stoke and Hull kinda club. Fuckin disgusting places which should not have a football club.

I agree with all the rest but Leeds and fucking disgusting in the same sentence does not compute for me. Course it has it's bad parts but the majority is great imho. Also they have a very good fan base still and last season in league one. They are just miles above as a club, city and fanbase than all the others mentioned above

Found it quite funny on Saturday when I was reading Wheater in the paper saying he was expecting loads of stick from us as he was a former Boro player. Like any of us give a fuck!

I was actually talking to a smoggie at work the other day and he was telling me that they are still charging £30 for a standard adult ticket there. It's no wonder their attendances are falling if they're charging that. That's premiership pricing and they're just a small club simple as.

I live amongst them. They resent us massively because we are so much more high profile than them. They also don't like that even though we are their no.1 hate figures we're really not all that bothered about them.

As Marko said, going for a drink in Boro after a game would be asking for trouble, they were itching for it after the game there last season.

As an aside, they've stopped 'Pig-Bag' now, probably because we ripped the piss out of it so bad. :(

When they were at wembley with black and white painted-on tears I disliked them.

Couldn't care less now. A couple more seasons in the championship and I might forget them completley.

Edited by Wavey Davey

The had that 'Geordie Trophy Virgins' banner last season as well, which is a bit embarrassing when you consider how long it took them to get their one and only cup.

Thing is, I genuinely think a lot of them believe we've won nothing! especially the younger lot

The had that 'Geordie Trophy Virgins' banner last season as well, which is a bit embarrassing when you consider how long it took them to get their one and only cup.

They thought it was genius when as a matter of fact it made them look like a bunch of daft Skyboy twats :(