Are we looking for a left winger?

When the 'joke bid' for N'Zogbia went in on deadline day, I was like everyone else, thought it was just Fat Mike taking the piss out of Wigan. But Pardew's recent comments have got me thinking. When he was on about Ben Arfa he suggested that he was competition because of Besty's form. That means he probably has an advanced role in mind for Ben Arfa. If that's his long-term plan, then when you look at our midfield, Jonas is probably the weakest of a strong starting 4. With the increasing likelihood that his effective partnership with Jose will be broken this summer, I think we do need to replace Jonas if we want to kick on and continue to improve.

Now assuming the £12m "bid" for the Zog was so oversized because it was January, if we could put a real bid in, in the summer, of around £7-8m I think - provided the guy has had a reality slap playing in front of sub 20k crowds and knows how lucky he'd be for it to happen - that it'd be an excellent piece of business for us.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When the 'joke bid' for N'Zogbia went in on deadline day, I was like everyone else, thought it was just Fat Mike taking the piss out of Wigan. But Pardew's recent comments have got me thinking. When he was on about Ben Arfa he suggested that he was competition because of Besty's form. That means he probably has an advanced role in mind for Ben Arfa. If that's his long-term plan, then when you look at our midfield, Jonas is probably the weakest of a strong starting 4. With the increasing likelihood that his effective partnership with Jose will be broken this summer, I think we do need to replace Jonas if we want to kick on and continue to improve.

Now assuming the £12m "bid" for the Zog was so oversized because it was January, if we could put a real bid in, in the summer, of around £7-8m I think - provided the guy has had a reality slap playing in front of sub 20k crowds and knows how lucky he'd be for it to happen - that it'd be an excellent piece of business for us.

so paying more money on a player than we sold him for is excellent business? :(

£1-2m to transform the cunt into a player from a stroppy cunt would be excellent business

Edit: It'd be about the same anyway, we got 6 and Raylor didn't we?

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

Amazing that anybody would want a huffy twat and part time performer like insomnia back. We need players who perform consistently, not just when the fancy takes them.

Calling it excellent business is beyond belief.

Amazing that anybody would want a huffy twat and part time performer like insomnia back. We need players who perform consistently, not just when the fancy takes them.

Calling it excellent business is beyond belief.

Not really, there's always the possibility that he was a bit of a chameleon, acting the cock because most of his team mates were too. And there's always the possibility that, get this, he can grow up and mature. I of course specified that this would be essential, i.e only sign him if his attitude was right. And he has been performing consistently, hence the suggestion that it'd be good business, providing his attitude had improved.

£1-2m to transform the cunt into a player from a stroppy cunt would be excellent business

Charles N'Zogbia equalled his own unwanted record in Wigan's defeat to Manchester United. Back in December, his performance against Everton saw him set a record 'high' for being tackled in a single match this season, losing the ball on 10 separate occasions. He matched that on

Saturday, attempting to beat opponents 11 times, and succeeding only once.

Charles N'Zogbia equalled his own unwanted record in Wigan's defeat to Manchester United. Back in December, his performance against Everton saw him set a record 'high' for being tackled in a single match this season, losing the ball on 10 separate occasions. He matched that on

Saturday, attempting to beat opponents 11 times, and succeeding only once.

It's because he's got no cunt to pass to that :(

Using Wigan like a ladies finishing school? We should sell them some more of our bad lads then buy them back for a couple of million more in two seasons time.

Edited by Dr Kenneth Noisewater

Using Wigan like a ladies finishing school? We should sell them some more of our bad lads then buy them back for a couple of million more in two seasons time.

We should sign a worse player for the same price instead.

We should sign a worse player for the same price instead.

Come again?

Is this thread a piss-take? We didn't bid for N'Zogbia as a "joke", we bid for him so it'd look like the regime were trying to sign replacement players after flogging our best player for 35m, but - so tragically - we just ran out of time to make a deal. Never mind that N'Zogbia would never return, and that Wigan are the club least likely to sell to us.

Wouldn't have him back for free. He's better than Jonas technically, sure, but there's plenty of other available players who tick that box who don't also have baggage equivalent to Heathrow's daily turnover and an absolutely shit attitude to boot. Plus he knocked Birmingham back in the summer because he wanted more money - no doubt he'd be wanting a fortune from us. This isn't even a case of "no thanks", it's just "no."