Are we looking for a left winger?

Anybody care to offer alternatives then? My logic behind it is that with the likes of Nolan and Barton having a hold of the dressing room and the whole squad having a driven personality that he could prosper and finally fulfill his big potential. There isn't many reasonably priced capable left footed wingers around, and I think going into another season with Jonas as an automatic starter wouldn't be good at all ( though I'd definitely keep him )

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I reckon we need another winger like, Gutierrez just doesn't do anything consistently, he's the most frustrating player to watch plus it might give him a kick up the arse to start playing better if he has a bit competition.

Also if we do get another winger, i see us changing to more of a 4-5-1 formation with Nolan behind the lone striker, who ever that maybe?

He's not reasonably priced when you only get half a dozen games a season out of him. At best.

Not worth considering.

I don't think you get how it works. He's that price because he isn't consistent, you sign him and help him find consistency. If he was already playing blinders every game of the season he'd be 20mill+

He's not reasonably priced when you only get half a dozen games a season out of him. At best.

Not worth considering.

I don't think you get how it works. He's that price because he isn't consistent, you sign him and help him find consistency. If he was already playing blinders every game of the season he'd be 20mill+

What a load of fucking shite :(

So £20million+ players don't have off days? What about Torres he's £50million and has been shite for 3 in a row.

I think its you that doesn't get it.

Players like N'zogbia don't amount to much because talent without heart doesn't get you very far. And he's a classic example. You might be very happy with that but I don't want that type of player, especially a second time around.

There is absolutely no reason to assume he's changed and I wouldn't spend any money trying to find out.

Not worth considering.

What a load of fucking shite :(

So £20million+ players don't have off days? What about Torres he's £50million and has been shite for 3 in a row.

What the fuck? How've you managed to get that from what I wrote? I merely stated, in response to him not being worth 7-8mill because of inconsistency, that if he was playing well every single game he'd be worth a lot more, £20m+

How you've managed to interpret that as me saying big money players don't have off days I have no idea :(

We need strikers FFS!

Aye and?

As if I need to explain.

So we can't discuss strengthening other areas?

The forward line is the priority though, they neglected the issue in the past two windows and look what we're left with.

A team that creates chances for fun but no-one to convert them.

Players like N'zogbia don't amount to much because talent without heart doesn't get you very far. And he's a classic example. You might be very happy with that but I don't want that type of player, especially a second time around.

There is absolutely no reason to assume he's changed and I wouldn't spend any money trying to find out.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying unfortunately. He joined us a young man and came into a very unprofessional team. No young player will fulfil his potential in those circumstances, surrounded by bad influences and £20 note burning wankers. But if you put somebody with his ability into a driven squad you have the opportunity to potentially see him thrive. He wouldn't get away with coming back and being a passenger or a sulky cunt, because there's enough quality leadership in our team it'd be clamped down on straight away. There's obviously an element of risk, but there would definitely be potentially big rewards to be had too.

We need strikers FFS!

Aye and?

As if I need to explain.

So we can't discuss strengthening other areas?

The forward line is the priority though, they neglected the issue in the past two windows and look what we're left with.

A team that creates chances for fun but no-one to convert them.

I agree, it is a priority, definitely. But I'm not talking about forwards in this thread if that's alright?

I don't think you understand what I'm saying unfortunately. He joined us a young man and came into a very unprofessional team. No young player will fulfil his potential in those circumstances, surrounded by bad influences and £20 note burning wankers. But if you put somebody with his ability into a driven squad you have the opportunity to potentially see him thrive. He wouldn't get away with coming back and being a passenger or a sulky cunt, because there's enough quality leadership in our team it'd be clamped down on straight away. There's obviously an element of risk, but there would definitely be potentially big rewards to be had too.

You should read your own posts. Its all ifs, ands and buts. Add a few possiblys, a potentially and a maybe or two, and perhaps and you may wind up with Messi.

Unfortunately, most people will still think you'll end up with a heartless wanker that puts in a couple of decent shifts a season if he can be arsed. And the likes of Nolan or Barton won't change him.

You should read your own posts. Its all ifs, ands and buts. Add a few possiblys, a potentially and a maybe or two, and perhaps and you may wind up with Messi.

Unfortunately, most people will still think you'll end up with a heartless wanker that puts in a couple of decent shifts a season if he can be arsed. And the likes of Nolan or Barton won't change him.

You're a wanker. I accept your view yet you seem unwilling to acknowledge that being part of a driven team could help get the best out of him. It clearly could. It's not a cert, but it's not impossible either and if it worked out you've got a player on your hands worth a lot more than the valuation on him now. I couldn't really care less if you think Nolan and Barton wouldn't change him, you clearly can't fathom the idea of a still relatively young player with quality maturing and adopting a new work ethic in what is a very professional squad. Saying you don't think it'd happen is fine but to ridicule it and suggest it's not a possibility makes you look a tit, imo.

I think all that Sniffer's saying is that it's too much of a risk given his track record of sulking and the way he flounced out of the club. I have to say I agree with that. However if the bid on deadline was serious (big if) it sounds like the club agrees with you.

i wouldnt touch him at 50 million we should be looking for someone much more better besides he might kick off about pronoucing his name lol. nsomnia hahaha

When the 'joke bid' for N'Zogbia went in on deadline day, I was like everyone else, thought it was just Fat Mike taking the piss out of Wigan. But Pardew's recent comments have got me thinking. When he was on about Ben Arfa he suggested that he was competition because of Besty's form. That means he probably has an advanced role in mind for Ben Arfa. If that's his long-term plan, then when you look at our midfield, Jonas is probably the weakest of a strong starting 4. With the increasing likelihood that his effective partnership with Jose will be broken this summer, I think we do need to replace Jonas if we want to kick on and continue to improve.

Now assuming the £12m "bid" for the Zog was so oversized because it was January, if we could put a real bid in, in the summer, of around £7-8m I think - provided the guy has had a reality slap playing in front of sub 20k crowds and knows how lucky he'd be for it to happen - that it'd be an excellent piece of business for us.

we might be looking for a left back soon :(

Even if N'zogbia did come to us he'd only use us as a stepping stone to a bigger club (like he's already admitted using Wigan for) so once a tabloud story comes in that a bigger club than us is interested in him, he'd just throw another strop and want out

Those big clubs have hardly fallen over themselves to snap him up have they? I wonder why....

Even if N'zogbia did come to us he'd only use us as a stepping stone to a bigger club (like he's already admitted using Wigan for) so once a tabloud story comes in that a bigger club than us is interested in him, he'd just throw another strop and want out

Those big clubs have hardly fallen over themselves to snap him up have they? I wonder why....

Thats what i'm getting at, It'll have only been tabloid gossip, but once he heard that the likes of Marseille and all that are interested in him, he was going on about using Wigan for bigger and better things and IF he does come to us, which i don't want to happen, as soon as he see's those stories in the press again, he'll want to move on again..

Thats what i'm getting at, It'll have only been tabloid gossip, but once he heard that the likes of Marseille and all that are interested in him, he was going on about using Wigan for bigger and better things and IF he does come to us, which i don't want to happen, as soon as he see's those stories in the press again, he'll want to move on again..

It depends really on his reasons. I've been made to work with idiots before and it frustrates the shit out of me. Our squad/management situation was a joke when he left us, and we don't really know what the crack is at Wigan other than he's playing in front of less than 20k. If he came back to us now the idiot brigade has left town the grass might stop looking greener on the other side. It'd be a gamble like I'm not saying it wouldn't be, but it could definitely pay off and either way, we definitely need more wide-men in.

He still runs down to many blind alleys. I see nothing wrong with buying a player back for a fee if he has come on but i dont think he has that much.

The interest in him as a player is just to wind up / weaken a competitor who also happens to have an antagonistic relationship with Ashley. I dont think he was drunk when he bid from him, soberly playing the only competitive game he knows imo.

i wouldnt touch him at 50 million we should be looking for someone much more better besides he might kick off about pronoucing his name lol. nsomnia hahaha

Ok now im conviced you are a complete mongoloid.

It depends really on his reasons. I've been made to work with idiots before and it frustrates the shit out of me. Our squad/management situation was a joke when he left us,

indeed, not like when he joined.

Lots of shooting themselves in the foot from the blind and no-nowt brigade lately

:(

He still runs down to many blind alleys. I see nothing wrong with buying a player back for a fee if he has come on but i dont think he has that much.

The interest in him as a player is just to wind up / weaken a competitor who also happens to have an antagonistic relationship with Ashley. I dont think he was drunk when he bid from him, soberly playing the only competitive game he knows imo.

he looks like he does sometimes, but he still takes people on and has the pace, acceleration and control to do it very well.

Personally, I put it down to him playing in a limited team to a degree, I think playing for a team with better quality and more mobile players would bring the best out of him.

It's all about opinions.

I also think those moaning about him being a moaning French twat [words to that effect] are basically just small minded and a bit thick, and racist too if you consider what they are saying.