Ubiased BBC Reporting

Spider Jerusalem

A fantastic piece of completely unbiased journalism from bbc.co.uk

Nolberto Solano's late winner eased the pressure on Newcastle boss Graeme Souness in a stormy clash with Arsenal.

Arsenal totally dominated the first half, with Shay Given denying Thierry Henry with a brilliant save.

But Newcastle's physical approach rattled the Gunners after the break and Gilberto was sent off after 56 minutes for two bookable offences.

And Newcastle's spirited display earned victory when Alan Shearer set up Solano to fire home with nine minutes left.

Newcastle were able to recall Michael Owen following a four-game absence with a groin injury, but he got little chance to shine in a first 45 dominated by Arsenal.

Arsenal had penalty appeals waved away after 14 minutes when Gilberto's shot struck the arm of Titus Bramble, but referee Dermot Gallagher ruled that it was accidental.

Newcastle goalkeeper Given then produced a magnificent save to deny Henry, who met Fabregas' cross with a crisp volley.

Henry missed a good chance after 28 minutes when Freddie Ljungberg's cross found him at the far post, but he appeared to be unsettled by Jean-Alain Boumsong's presence and failed to control.

Newcastle may have been short on quality, but they were demonstrating plenty of fighting spirit, which Amdy Faye took too far before half-time when he was booked for a late tackle on Philippe Senderos.

Scott Parker made a rare raid into Arsenal territory in the dying seconds of the first half, but his low cross eluded Owen and Shearer.

Newcastle were a team transformed after the interval, knocking Arsenal out of their smooth stride with a fierce physical assault.

Parker fired off target from Shearer's pass - then Newcastle's captain did likewise when the midfield man repaid the compliment.

Arsenal had lost their composure, and their troubles increased after 56 minutes when Gilberto was sent off for a second bookable offence when he clumsily brought down Boumsong.

The Gunners were then rightly furious when Shearer escaped any punishment for a wild lunging tackle on Sol Campbell - an incredibly lenient decision given what had gone before.

Parker had been outstanding for Newcastle, and he almost broke the deadlock with a long-range drive.

But he then appeared to suffer damage to his teeth in a collision with Arsenal keeper Jens Lehmann. He struggled on bravely but eventually had to be substituted, with Lee Bowyer coming on.

The game had undergone a remarkable transformation, and it was no surprise when Newcastle took the lead with nine minutes left.

Shearer's physical presence again unsettled Arsenal, and he laid the ball into the path of the Peruvian, who fired a right-foot finish across Lehmann into the corner.

In keeping with the atmosphere, there was even a bust-up between Fabregas and Shearer before the re-start.

Shearer was finally booked in the dying seconds for a foul on Senderos, punishment Arsenal had every justification to feel was long overdue.

Newcastle survived five minutes of injury time to record a crucial win.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newcastle assistant coach Dean Saunders:

"It's the Premier League and we have got players in the team like Amdy Faye, Scott Parker and Alan Shearer who like tackling and like competing.

"The team likes to compete and today we played to their strengths, we got forward and we upset Arsenal.

"That's what we set out to do today, we set out to stop Arsenal playing. I don't think it was a nasty game."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger:

"I think it's very difficult to take the way we lost the game. We were the better team in the second half, they decided to go more physical..

"The referee allowed more fouls, sent a player off for us and I don't know why.

"We played well and I just believe we were not protected - Every challenge in the air was a foul. We know Alan Shearer can do that in this country."

This man really is a wanker and completely boils my piss at almost every thing that he says. The worst foul in the air came in the first half with two hands from Sol Campbell in Shearer's back. The result - play on. Why did they get a man sent off - because the ref was letting a lot go thier way and decided to push it to breaking point (or was it due to Alan Shearer stood 20 yards away from the ball). Shearer did get a bit physical and was righfully booked but this was after being pushed kicked and god knows what by the Arse defence for the whole game without any of the protection that Arse Wenger craves for his team of poor defenceless newborn puppies. Twat.

I have to say, I'm confused as to what you're saying. That match report from the BBC perfectly reflected the match as I saw it (I haven't seen the highlights yet btw). The bit you bolded was Wenger's observation - so what? Do you think the BBC should censor him?

Actually, that's an idea, as long as they censor Souness and his cronies too. Incidentally, who took the post match interview for us today (honestly don't know).

The international press are quoting Wenger as having a pop at Shearer.

It appears that what he (shearer) did was wrong all game, but surrounding the ref at descisions and hoping to influence him is perfectly fine.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

I've just got no time and no respect for Arsene Wenger. The bloke refuses to accept any wrongdoing on behalf of his own players, and famously doesn't see any of the appalling challenges I've seen Arsenal players make over the years that he's been in charge of them. And yet he whinges like a big fucking girl when someone puts in a physical performance against his lot.

Shearer's foul on Campbell was horribly mistimed and deserving of a yellow, but the referee didn't see it that way, and that's football. Wenger is a grade-A minge.

To be fair, on TV it looked like Shearer was on a wind-up-mission. He was not only lucky to escape a booking (or more) for the late challenge on Campbell, but on three or four other occasions.

66637[/snapback]

Shearer played that game brilliantly, had he been booked earlier he would not have got a subsequent card as he would have changed his game accordingly. I loved how he wound up Fabregas and then just kept backing away as the little runt pushed him, I admire his professionalism, I would have decked the twat!

Wenger seems to have assembled too many players who can't take a bit of 'bullying' (probably in his own image) right from the goalkeeper to the front line, Newcastle played that perfectly and it won us the game.

It doesn't seem a popular opinion but I like Wenger, he's the only manager with the balls to play beautiful, attacking football in the league at the moment and he's suffering for it. It pisses me off how far he backs his players and he moans like every manager but no-one's perfect.

EDIT: Oh, and Wenger can say what he likes but another ref would have booked or even sent off Fabregas for his behavior. Part of football is knowing the style of game the ref is going to play.

Edited by DotBum

I have to say, I'm confused as to what you're saying. That match report from the BBC perfectly reflected the match as I saw it (I haven't seen the highlights yet btw). The bit you bolded was Wenger's observation - so what? Do you think the BBC should censor him?

Actually, that's an idea, as long as they censor Souness and his cronies too. Incidentally, who took the post match interview for us today (honestly don't know).

66626[/snapback]

Sorry - shouldn't have been attempting (and failing) to sound coherant at that time of night with that much booze on board!

When I read that report it made me think that Arse had actually written it himself, describing everything that they did almost poetically while Newcastle won the game becasue we decided to kick the shit out of them in the second half .

It also took exception to Alan Shearer playing a physical game and getting stuck into them without mentioning that he was dishing out what he had been receiving throughout this game.

When you talk to other fans Shearer gets RIGHT up their noses - he is so in yer face and he causes so much trouble

on the other hand they all admit he's a great player

When you talk to other fans Shearer gets RIGHT up their noses - he is so in yer face and he causes so much trouble

on the other hand they all admit he's a great player

66656[/snapback]

just a shame he's lost the ability to score goals these days! That's when he was a truly great player, when he had everything to his game.

I've just got no time and no respect for Arsene Wenger.  The bloke refuses to accept any wrongdoing on behalf of his own players, and famously doesn't see any of the appalling challenges I've seen Arsenal players make over the years that he's been in charge of them.  And yet he whinges like a big fucking girl when someone puts in a physical performance against his lot.

That perfectly describes Souness, you contrary twat! :lol:

I don't like Wenger's after match comments, but then I don't like most managers. However, I totally respect what he has done as a manager. Arsenal can play some breath-taking football at times, almost reminiscent of Keegan's finest team. OK, they are a bit shit at the moment, but they will be back under Wenger. And unlike Ferguson or Mourinho, he's done it without breaking the bank.

I've just got no time and no respect for Arsene Wenger.  The bloke refuses to accept any wrongdoing on behalf of his own players, and famously doesn't see any of the appalling challenges I've seen Arsenal players make over the years that he's been in charge of them.  And yet he whinges like a big fucking girl when someone puts in a physical performance against his lot.

I don't like Wenger's after match comments, but then I don't like most managers. However, I totally respect what he has done as a manager. Arsenal can play some breath-taking football at times, almost reminiscent of Keegan's finest team. OK, they are a bit shit at the moment, but they will be back under Wenger. And unlike Ferguson or Mourinho, he's done it without breaking the bank.

66663[/snapback]

one of the best managers in World Football.

If he came into Newcastle to replace Souness, I think we would see a few of those u-turns which are quite popular around here

66663[/snapback]

If he came into Newcastle to replace Souness, I think we would see a few of those u-turns which are quite popular around here

66714[/snapback]

It would be a reverse situation, with me, you, HTL etc wanting to give him more time, but Gemmill demanding his immediate dismissal. Of course, us shooting up the league and winning a cup might persude him differently. :lol:

talking of bias, the NOTW gave henry 9 today. i may be wrong but his total contribution to the game was doing a nice trick in the box and losing the ball and having 1 shot which given saved? shearer on the other hand got 7  :lol:

66693[/snapback]

They also gave Van Persie an 8 while Shola got a 4!

May be my short term memory lose but i really cannot remember Van Persie doing anything, especially not worth an 8 and im sure he was eventually subbed!

66663[/snapback]

66714[/snapback]

Here he goes with his fucking u-turns again. :lol: To the pair of you: funnily enough, it hasn't escaped my attention that Wenger is a good manager and that Arsenal play good football. I just happen to think that he can also be a hypocritical bellend.

By the way, I bet Leazes Mag KNEW he would be a success after his first game on arrival from Japan. He KNEW it and he's never changed his mind since.......cos that's just the kinda guy he is. :lol:

Wenger IS one of the best managers in the Premiership but he also IS one of the biggest whingy twats going...

Never-the-less, I think he has just cause for being a bit pissed off by the officials yesterday, Shearer made 3 or 4 challenges which were worthy of a yellow card and Gilberto's second one was kinda tame. In that respect Gilberto was unlucky to go and Shearer was lucky to stay. If it had been the other way around, there'd have been a fucking uproar...

That said, Wenger does have a canny nack of turning a blind eye to some of the disgusting challenges his players make. I've only ever seen him admit one sending off was warranted (van Persie at Bolton).

Had they won the game and Gilberto had stayed on the pitch, I doubt he'd have made any noise about Shearer's challenges.

66663[/snapback]

66714[/snapback]

Here he goes with his fucking u-turns again. :lol: To the pair of you: funnily enough, it hasn't escaped my attention that Wenger is a good manager and that Arsenal play good football. I just happen to think that he can also be a hypocritical bellend.

By the way, I bet Leazes Mag KNEW he would be a success after his first game on arrival from Japan. He KNEW it and he's never changed his mind since.......cos that's just the kinda guy he is. :lol:

66765[/snapback]

Souness is also a hypocritical bell end though. I love the way he only talks to the TV media if we win now, otherwise he leaves it for Murray. That makes him a coward as well, does it not?

66663[/snapback]

66714[/snapback]

Here he goes with his fucking u-turns again. ;) To the pair of you: funnily enough, it hasn't escaped my attention that Wenger is a good manager and that Arsenal play good football. I just happen to think that he can also be a hypocritical bellend.

66765[/snapback]

Souness is also a hypocritical bell end though. I love the way he only talks to the TV media if we win now, otherwise he leaves it for Murray. That makes him a coward as well, does it not?

66768[/snapback]

Aye, Graeme Souness has always struck me as the cowardly type like.

:lol:

66663[/snapback]

66714[/snapback]

Here he goes with his fucking u-turns again. ;) To the pair of you: funnily enough, it hasn't escaped my attention that Wenger is a good manager and that Arsenal play good football. I just happen to think that he can also be a hypocritical bellend.

66765[/snapback]

66768[/snapback]

Aye, Graeme Souness has always struck me as the cowardly type like.

:lol:

66770[/snapback]

Glad we agree about something then. All bullies are cowards you know.

66775[/snapback]

Is that what your mam told you when you got your lunch money nicked? :lol:

66776[/snapback]

No, I learned to fight back, and have since found it applies to adults as much as kids. :lol:

Seriously, Souness is a cowardly bully: FACT.

66775[/snapback]

66776[/snapback]

No, I learned to fight back, and have since found it applies to adults as much as kids. :lol:

66780[/snapback]

FACT. :lol:

Renton likes it up the bum: FACT.

66775[/snapback]

66776[/snapback]

66780[/snapback]

FACT. :lol:

Renton likes it up the bum: FACT.

66782[/snapback]

Gemmill stole Renton's lunch money. FACT.