Europe

loonyTOON

So it is now 6th we need to finish in order to get into europe.

I would love to see us qualify in our 1st season back, one to stick it up our doubters and the mackems, two because a club of our stature should be in europe, three because it would mean it is more likely that key players will want to stay and sign new deals and finally, Four because it would force FMA to either sell up or dig deep and spend well in the summer.

It will be tough but we are capable, dont think there will be another crazy season like this in a while so it may be our best chance for a few years.

I think we'd find it a bit difficult playing Europe and sustaining Premier league safety in our second season, especially with the old myth of second season syndrome being banded about teams that manage to stay up in their first season

Bit contradictory no?

Fwiw i do agree that a season on both domestic and european fronts would be very hard on the squad as it is...for us to get through those hard times of injuries and fatigue and still have a good season, we need at least 5 new faces in and no major departures.

I think we'd find it a bit difficult playing Europe and sustaining Premier league safety in our second season, especially with the old myth of second season syndrome being banded about teams that manage to stay up in their first season

Bit contradictory no?

Fwiw i do agree that a season on both domestic and european fronts would be very hard on the squad as it is...for us to get through those hard times of injuries and fatigue and still have a good season, we need at least 5 new faces in and no major departures.

I meant it as sometimes teams do get "second season syndrome" and some teams don't. I think we would get it if we did get into Europe because as you say we've got a big summer coming up depending on whether we can keep hold of our core players (the likes of Barton and Enrique etc) and what we'll do with the supposed £35 million transfer budget we're gonna get