What is your perfect summer?

Deano

Finish 6th-8th.

Enrique, Nolan, Barton sign new deals.

Smith and Perch moved on and Ranger out on loan.

Keep the likes of Guthrie, Lovenkrands and Routledge as backup/squad players.

Bring in 5 players and spend about 40mil.

Huntelaar 12mil (If we get into europe) If not then Derdiyok for 8mil

Wickham 12mil

Lens 8mil

Mattock as cover for LB 4mil

Gunter as cover for RB 4mil

Team to start 1st game of the season...

---Harper---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

Lens---Barton---Tiote---Jonas

---Huntelaar---Ben Arfa---

Subs: Krul, Gunter, Williamson, Mattock, Nolan, Shola and Wickham

Back up: Forster, Kadar, Guthrie, Gosling, Vuckic, Lua-Lua, Routledge, Best and Lovenkrands

Not a bad 27

:D

We'll not spend £40M on fees alone like, not if we keep Enrique et al.

Pie in the sky, but yes Id be happy with it.

Finish 6th-8th.

Wickham 12mil

Lens 8mil

---Harper---

Back up: Forster, Kadar, Guthrie, Gosling, Vuckic, Lua-Lua, Routledge, Best and Lovenkrands

Not a bad 27

Now listen to what Mr. Pardooo says and stop talking about Europe!!.. Looks like a good team though.

Don't we have to finish 6th now to get into the Europa league?. I wouldn't mind having a return of the good old Thursday night European games, they were great nights some of them, most notably Celta Vigo and Steve Taylor scoring and running around like a complete loony.

Like i said...6th-8th.

I dont expect europe but we have a great shout.

JawD....why not?

I mean 35mil from Carroll yeah? Plus the 5mil saved on his contract? Plus about 12mil for our finish and thats before tv money and sponsorship?

You never know.....everyone at this club knows this is the biggest summer for alot of years and FMA mite finally want to take an ambitious gamble.

It is all pie in the sky but we can only speculate and hope.

Like i said...6th-8th.

JawD....why not?

I mean 35mil from Carroll yeah? Plus the 5mil saved on his contract? Plus about 12mil for our finish and thats before tv money and sponsorship?

You never know.....everyone at this club knows this is the biggest summer for alot of years and FMA mite finally want to take an ambitious gamble.

Suggest you have a read of Pardews comments today on the chronny website.....Sounds like the start of a climb down and lowering of expectations. Could be wrong.

ALAN PARDEW today insisted that Newcastle United are very much in the hunt for new faces for next season.

The Toon boss is hoping that the £35million for Andy Carroll will be re-invested into the United squad next summer.

But he says that his search for talent has already started, Pardew said today: "Our process has started already for next season and we want to get them here as quick as we can because were going to bring in four or five players and we need to bed them in as quickly as possible.

"This summer is a big summer for us.

"Everybody is going to looking at who we bring in and what types of player. Id like to think my record in the transfer market is pretty good and that we can get the right type of players for what is a fantastic club.

"Mike Ashley hasnt told me how much Ive got to spend, he made it clear when Andy Carroll went that that money will be reinvested in the squad and I have no doubt that it will be.

"I have no doubt about getting some money; transfers are very, very complicated though.

"We started the process as soon as I arrived and theres some great scouting at this club. Graham Carr, who brought in Cheick Tiote has got some fantastic eyes."

Like i said...6th-8th.

JawD....why not?

Suggest you have a read of Pardews comments today on the chronny website.....Sounds like the start of a climb down and lowering of expectations. Could be wrong.

ALAN PARDEW today insisted that Newcastle United are very much in the hunt for new faces for next season.

The Toon boss is hoping that the £35million for Andy Carroll will be re-invested into the United squad next summer.

But he says that his search for talent has already started, Pardew said today: "Our process has started already for next season and we want to get them here as quick as we can because were going to bring in four or five players and we need to bed them in as quickly as possible.

"This summer is a big summer for us.

"Everybody is going to looking at who we bring in and what types of player. Id like to think my record in the transfer market is pretty good and that we can get the right type of players for what is a fantastic club.

"Mike Ashley hasnt told me how much Ive got to spend, he made it clear when Andy Carroll went that that money will be reinvested in the squad and I have no doubt that it will be.

"I have no doubt about getting some money; transfers are very, very complicated though.

"We started the process as soon as I arrived and theres some great scouting at this club. Graham Carr, who brought in Cheick Tiote has got some fantastic eyes."

Aye i read that and it can been seen with cynical eyes and maybe thats the case but you like me are optimists.

I'd rather see it as him talkin down our budget and in turn reducing the amount clubs will want from us. Clubs will think we have loads to spend and its just a case of driving prospective prices down.

Edited by Tioté's Nutz

Finish 6th-8th.

Wickham 12mil

Lens 8mil

---Harper---

Not a bad 27

12 MILLION for Whickham

4 MILLION on a sub right back

Ben Arfa starting in a position we have never seen him play in?

IF and its a big IF 40m was available I wouldn't spend it in that way. (I agree with both Huntelaar and Derdiyok but both would be out of our price range and have been linked with bigger clubs)

12mil for Wickham is an inflated price in the media because he is young, english and promising. I think we could get him for less but end of the day......ambition?

Same applies for the 4mil for Gunter and Mattock.....if you paid peanuts for squad players you end up with perch.

Ben Arfa has played upfront quite a few times for OM and it seems AP see's him as a more central and direct player.

Finish 6th-8th.

Wickham 12mil

Lens 8mil

---Harper---

Not a bad 27

Back to your original question, I would love to hold onto Barton and Enrique, if only one then Barton.

A replacement for Jonas and two decent strikers.

Personally I think Nolan has another good year in him and his goal contributions can not be ignored.

Havent seen enough of all goalies to say which is our best although it seems to be narrowing between Harper and Forster.

If we got 20mil for both Enrique and Jonas then i supposed id be ok with that so long as we definitely got Jermain Lens 8mil and Riise 3mil in replacement.

That then would mean our side would look like...

---Harper---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Riise

Barton---Nolan---Tiote---Lens*

---Huntelaar/Derdiyok----Ben Arfa*---

Thing is if Jonas and Enrique go then i'd imagine Coloccini would want to follow suit. If that was the case then i'd be straight in for Gary Cahill or Ryan Shawcross.

Another issue is GK....i do rate Krul and Forster yet i'd imagine AP will keep faith in Harps but i personally think its time for one of the young lads to step up. Probably Forster.

if we are dreaming here I would love Drogba to have a big fall out with Ancelotti before the season's end, break the wage structure, tiote in his earhole saying, you've won everything in this country, you've had a go at the champs league a few times but gave it a slap in the face, come up here and be a hero for the last couple of years of your career. Get his ivorian teammate gervinho or some other pacey african in, same back four as this year.

-------------------------Tiote

----------------Barton

--------------------------------Nolan

-------Ben Afra----------------------Gervinho

------------------------Drogba

this would finish top 6, 4 quality players of some kind of african descent who grew up in the french league held together by a couple of nasty scouse cunts, Perfect for the PL

I'll say it again. Connor Wickham is not coming here. Spurs already have first dibs on him and he has a release clause set at £15m.

As for Pardew's comments to Talkshite, .COM have summed it up well:

"For the summer, (Mike Ashley) made it clear when Andy (Carroll) went that that money will be reinvested in the club* and I have no doubt that it will be.

(*talkSPORT's own transcript of this piece wrongly used the word squad)

I've went for realistic rather than perfect.

- Finish in the top 8.

- Barton & JESD to sign new deals.

- Gervinho, Perotti, van Wolfswinkel, Wickham and Samba.

- Smith, Perch & Routledge out.

Team for the first game of the season:

Harper

Simpson - Colo - Samba - Enrique

Barton - Tiote - Perotti

Ben Arfa

van Wolfswinkel - Gervinho

Edited by Ketsbaia

I'll say it again. Connor Wickham is not coming here. Spurs already have first dibs on him and he has a release clause set at £15m.

"For the summer, (Mike Ashley) made it clear when Andy (Carroll) went that that money will be reinvested in the club* and I have no doubt that it will be.

every time he mentions the Andy Carroll money he plays it down more and more, so by the time it comes down to it we won't be surprised when fuck all is spent again apart from maybe a few contracts to this current squad who have punched well over their weight this year! That is, if the current squad want to stay together, it's going to be interesting, more anxious than excited but we shall see eh!?

I rate our first choice back 4, the best we've had in a while. Tiote is class and Barton is playing his best football for years and Nolans contributions cant be ignored. We have a good platform to build on plus Ben Arfa coming back. We need two good quality strikers, one who's good in the air and a smaller,quicker man to play off him, maybe Pards his this role in mind for Ben Arfa. A pacey winger with an end product,cover at fullback and a midfielder who can do Tiotes job when he's suspended. I don't think that will cost mega bucks and is pretty realistic. Routledge,Guthrie,Perch all out and hang on to the rest

every time he mentions the Andy Carroll money he plays it down more and more, so by the time it comes down to it we won't be surprised when fuck all is spent again apart from maybe a few contracts to this current squad who have punched well over their weight this year! That is, if the current squad want to stay together, it's going to be interesting, more anxious than excited but we shall see eh!?

Why wouldn't they want to stay together, with the exception of Tiote and Jose can't see any top 5/6 team coming in for any of our other players and anything else would be a step down