NEWCASTLE HIT BACK IN NEW KEVIN KEEGAN ROW

Christmas Tree

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did RA say why he put a transfer request in if he was determined to stay?

The club demanded he put one in. Yes RA, I'm not name dropping. ITK people will know who he is. He's a "face".

Not saying your source is wrong, or that it didn't happen, but I think it's a bit disingenuous of carroll to put it about that he was forced to put in a transfer request. Theres no possible reason I can imagine that he had to do what the club told him on that score...he chose to make the request to make sure it went through.

Guest LeazesLad

ffs

Benefit Fraud Stephenson? Never heard of him.

:icon_lol:

Bin Dipper Vickers? :angry:

:(

Arson Grainger the kids name. Can you delete the post with his name pls mate.

The club demanded he put one in. Yes RA, I'm not name dropping. ITK people will know who he is. He's a "face".

Not saying your source is wrong, or that it didn't happen, but I think it's a bit disingenuous of carroll to put it about that he was forced to put in a transfer request. Theres no possible reason I can imagine that he had to do what the club told him on that score...he chose to make the request to make sure it went through.

"Pawn" is a bit of a cliche, but thats pretty much what Carroll was in this deal. It was played out by powerful men who know the game, and the game is to move money around the sport so they can make even more money. He was lent on by the club and no doubt by his own (very dodgy, but normal by his own "profession's" standards) agent, Mark Curtis.

Rob Armstrong

ffs

Why?...don't see the big deal to be honest, he's hardly an MI5 agent..

"Pawn" is a bit of a cliche, but thats pretty much what Carroll was in this deal. It was played out by powerful men who know the game, and the game is to move money around the sport so they can make even more money. He was lent on by the club and no doubt by his own (very dodgy, but normal by his own "profession's" standards) agent, Mark Curtis.

Strange that carroll would listen to a bloke taking his career in the opposite direction he'd like it to go, let alone pay him a shitload to fuck him over.

The beaming smile, the quotes about how happy he was, seeking the advice of nolan and taking it...was he forced to do all that too.

Guest LeazesLad

ffs

Why?...don't see the big deal to be honest, he's hardly an MI5 agent..

Too many wronguns knocking about.

The tribunal wasnt allowed to award Keegan any more than the 2million outstanding on his contract, the 25million was just a figure his lawyers plucked from mid air.

The tribunal did find that Ashley and Dekka are nowt but a pair of unprincipled fuckin liars though :(

Lawyers have a habit of speculating high, although realistically they [plaintiff & lawyer] know the chances of winning that quoted figure [whether by out-of-court settlement, or tribunal/court ruling] are slim to zero.

A so-called speculative figure only serves the purpose of preventing any lower-end monies awarded from bottoming out. A common legal tactic.

Special ASM related announcement: fu**in apology offered for using two brackets.

The tribunal wasnt allowed to award Keegan any more than the 2million outstanding on his contract, the 25million was just a figure his lawyers plucked from mid air.

The tribunal did find that Ashley and Dekka are nowt but a pair of unprincipled fuckin liars though :(

Exactly, but read Carroll sentence he's an absolute knacker. If I was Ashley I'd be furious with him, it exposes just how dense they are.

The evidence was there before anyway....the yank at Liverpool let the cat out of the bag by saying "the price for Torres was dependant on what Newcastle wanted for Carroll" and Torres stuck his transfer request in around 20th of January, plenty of time for us to line up someone better than Shefki fuckin Kuqi. But as you say, he probably doesnt realise he's just confirmed it with that pile of bollocks. I think KK is spot on, it'll be free transfers, unknown foreigners (will we get lucky twice? doubt it...) and out of contract crocks for us this summer.

Considering the fact they only knew about Tiote because Keegan had Hughton scout him a couple of years ago, we better hope they still have their hands on Keegans old transfer targets lists.

Keegan, or better put KK's ability to spot a player/potential, has left this club [Ashley & his sidekick Dekka] with quite a legacy, for Ashley & Dekka's all-important balance sheets - the balance sheets [a state of having no operating debt] which have overridden ambition & the overall product delivered out on the pitch.

Bassong [10m, or thereabouts] in addition to what they'll recoup when Tiote [15m minimum] realises his football related ambitions are best achieved elsewhere, after his head is turned also.

25m as a starting figure, that's quite a legacy.

Edited by Year Zero

Exactly, but read Carroll sentence he's an absolute knacker. If I was Ashley I'd be furious with him, it exposes just how dense they are.

The evidence was there before anyway....the yank at Liverpool let the cat out of the bag by saying "the price for Torres was dependant on what Newcastle wanted for Carroll" and Torres stuck his transfer request in around 20th of January, plenty of time for us to line up someone better than Shefki fuckin Kuqi. But as you say, he probably doesnt realise he's just confirmed it with that pile of bollocks. I think KK is spot on, it'll be free transfers, unknown foreigners (will we get lucky twice? doubt it...) and out of contract crocks for us this summer.

Considering the fact they only knew about Tiote because Keegan had Hughton scout him a couple of years ago, we better hope they still have their hands on Keegans old transfer targets lists.

Keegan, or better put KK's ability to spot a player/potential, has left this club [Ashley & his sidekick Dekka] with quite a legacy, financially speaking.

Bassong [10m, or thereabouts] in addition to what they'll recoup when Tiote [15m minimum] realises his football related ambitions are best achieved elsewhere, when his head is turned.

25m as a starting figure, that's quite a legacy.

Plus 1 mill for Guthrie :icon_lol:

Lawyers have a habit of speculating high, although realistically they [plaintiff & lawyer] know the chances of winning that quoted figure [whether by out-of-court settlement, or tribunal/court ruling] are slim to zero.

A so-called speculative figure only serves the purpose of preventing any lower-end monies awarded from bottoming out. A common legal tactic.

Special ASM related announcement: fu**in apology offered for using two brackets.

Talking utter shite. The claims are based on Keegan's income with the club. The constructive dismissal claim, as in most cases, is based on lost income across the full contract and the full life-time earnings of the claimant.

This is a court of law, not a negotiating table. Each figure claimed is precisely based on two variables, length of time and earnings per unit of time. "They went high as a negotiating tactic" is absolute nonsense. It is typical in all constructive dismissal cases to sue for life-time earnings if the nature of the claim threatens the claimants future in the industry. The judge ruled that KK was right to claim for contractual compensation but rejected the life time claim. The two judgements are made independently and figures in one claim have no influence on the type of justice handed out in another.

To insinuate that the judge would be swayed by the high end of the claim to at least award a smaller amount more in line with what the claimant wants is perhaps the most specious argument i've seen on any toon board in the last 5 years.

Talking utter shite. The claims are based on Keegan's income with the club. The constructive dismissal claim, as in most cases, is based on lost income across the full contract and the full life-time earnings of the claimant.

This is a court of law, not a negotiating table. Each figure claimed is precisely based on two variables, length of time and earnings per unit of time. "They went high as a negotiating tactic" is absolute nonsense. It is typical in all constructive dismissal cases to sue for life-time earnings if the nature of the claim threatens the claimants future in the industry. The judge ruled that KK was right to claim for contractual compensation but rejected the life time claim. The two judgements are made independently and figures in one claim have no influence on the type of justice handed out in another.

To insinuate that the judge would be swayed by the high end of the claim to at least award a smaller amount more in line with what the claimant wants is perhaps the most specious argument i've seen on any toon board in the last 5 years.

Oooh! Get her! cissie%20and%20ada.jpg

The tribunal did find that Ashley and Dekka are nowt but a pair of unprincipled fuckin liars though :lol:

This is a court of law, not a negotiating table. Each figure claimed is precisely based on two variables, length of time and earnings per unit of time. "They went high as a negotiating tactic" is absolute nonsense. It is typical in all constructive dismissal cases to sue for life-time earnings if the nature of the claim threatens the claimants future in the industry.[/b] The judge ruled that KK was right to claim for contractual compensation but rejected the life time claim. The two judgements are made independently and figures in one claim have no influence on the type of justice handed out in another.

It's not a direct negotiating tactic, and the life-time earnings claim/figure is a speculative one to begin with. In the case of Keegan's advisors it was a remotely hopeful claim.

To put my original post into context. It's a figure used [to find middle ground, particularly as a basis for an out-of-court settlement] if the defendant's legal advisers get a feel as to the direction the case is heading, based on the evidence presented and as such they'll advise their client to try and settle, with middle ground or low-end scale type of offer.

Speculate lower, and the defendants will settle for less, based on what has been mentioned in the previous paragraph.

Credit has to go to Ashley/The Club's legal team in this instance, they stuck to their guns & didn't fold as they took on board KK's propensity [based on principles] to fall out of love with football & most likely gambled that his capacity for future earnings [at least in the management game] were just about next to zero.

They speculated this could possibly factor into the judges eventual ruling re: as to actually ruling in favour of the life time claim, not the amount to be awarded which has to be followed to the letter of law in accordance to the amount claimed as you say. Ashley & Dekka's legal were confronting a jaded Keegan, a manager who this time looked as though he had well & truly jacked it in, a comeback to the management game looks unlikely. They rolled the dice, refused to settle as their team obviously felt they had a strong case in relation to the 'life-time' claim, and it payed off. Perhaps you should re-evaluate that final line mate.

Edited by Year Zero

The lifetime earnings claim is not speculative, its about basic mathematics. For lifetime earnings, its simply yearly income x years left before retirement. Its about as speculative as me calling you a tit.

This was a constructive dismissal case so the parameters of the claimants compensation are 100% determined by his annual income and any future lost income due to the process. Therefore, no negotiation can take place on this within the judgement unless it is settled out of court.

I earn e.g. £150k a year. I believe i am constructively dismissed. On the basis of your logic, i should sue for £150m so that i can 'negotiate' a better deal. Utter tripe.

Lambias twists every fuckin story

He's got his head up Ashleys arse, like me

exactly

You see, you're wrong again, I think Ashley is a cunt, BUT am happy to consider wider comment/arguments, especially when put forward by persons with no axe to grind. If you'd read the excellent Swissramble blog, you'd see it is as equally scathing of Ashley as it is of your idols.

Where I differ, is that Ashley is in for circa £200mill yet your idols made a not quite as much as that "profit" from their dealings with the club and significantly more even than McKeag etc (a regime which won something) but that doesn't matter to you. Blinkered idiot.

Lambias twists every fuckin story

He's got his head up Ashleys arse, like me

exactly

You see, you're wrong again, I think Ashley is a cunt, BUT am happy to consider wider comment/arguments, especially when put forward by persons with no axe to grind. If you'd read the excellent Swissramble blog, you'd see it is as equally scathing of Ashley as it is of your idols.

Where I differ, is that Ashley is in for circa £200mill yet your idols made a not quite as much as that "profit" from their dealings with the club and significantly more even than McKeag etc (a regime which won something) but that doesn't matter to you. Blinkered idiot.

you presume I haven't read it ??

"No axe to grind/blinkered"? You're fucking joking man, your blind hatred of anything done by the Halls and Shepherd [or Shepherd] while living in blissful ignorance of how well they did for the club is astounding. The fact that you even mention McKeags in the same bracket as the Halls and Shepherd is beyond belief. But of course, you are one of those "Keegan won nowt" people aren't you. :lol:

You are happy for us to compete at the levels of Stoke, Bolton etc. You're mad.

Edited by LeazesMag

"No axe to grind/blinkered"? You're fucking joking man, your blind hatred of anything done by the Halls and Shepherd [or Shepherd] while living in blissful ignorance of how well they did for the club is astounding. The fact that you even mention McKeags in the same bracket as the Halls and Shepherd is beyond belief. But of course, you are one of those "Keegan won nowt" people aren't you. :lol:

Of course you haven't read it, I know how well the Halls/Shepherd did - to a point, but then it went tits up, they left the club much in the state they inherited it financially, albeit with a higher profile.

I'm not happy to compete at the level you mention, but I do realise that throwing money at it is futile a) because there's no money to be had in the Hall/Shep way, and b ) even if you could borrow as we did previously, you can't borrow enough to compete with Oligarchs or Sheiks.

As said Ashley is a cunt, but at least he deserves some credit for putting circa 25% of his own fortune into the ship, and YES I know he'll want it back, but where'd we have been without it eh ??? That is the important point.

And don't fucking spout your "rich list" shite, we'd gone from 14th to 20th under your boyfriends stewardship, that's called a downward trend.

Edited by Toonpack

I agree with a lot of the points TP makes. The problem with Ashley though is that he doesn't really care about the club beyond recouping what he's put in. That's why I don't think we'll see the 'happy medium' most of us would be happy with, i.e. between his running of the club and the unsustainability of the last lot, any time soon.

Of course you haven't read it, I know how well the Halls/Shepherd did - to a point, but then it went tits up, they left the club much in the state they inherited it financially, albeit with a higher profile.

I'm not happy to compete at the level you mention, but I do realise that throwing money at it is futile a) because there's no money to be had in the Hall/Shep way, and b ) even if you could borrow as we did previously, you can't borrow enough to compete with Oligarchs or Sheiks.

As said Ashley is a cunt, but at least he deserves some credit for putting circa 25% of his own fortune into the ship, and YES I know he'll want it back, but where'd we have been without it eh ??? That is the important point.

And don't fucking spout your "rich list" shite, we'd gone from 14th to 20th under your boyfriends stewardship, that's called a downward trend.

I am putting facts to you. Simple fact is I enjoyed the club competing at the top [where they ought to be] and don't consider us to be inferior to the likes of Liverpool, proven by the FACT that when we attempted to match them, we actually sometimes - and the only times - got above them in the league.

The club is now in decline. The outlook and aims of it have changed, these changes have been made by Mike Ashley, and it is sliding down the rich list and will continue to slide down unless he restores the revenue making measures that were in place when he bought it.

Your references to boyfriend and heroes do you no credit, when I am putting these facts to you, you are only showing your irrational hatred governed by your reluctance to accept what they did for the club by doing it. Prick.

Edited by LeazesMag