St James Park

NuFc_Jonny_NuFc

To be fair often atmosphere and performance go hand in hand and both are in turn controlled by the severity of the game.

Yesterday was pure frustration as Everton aren't really a good side and we've already beaten them this season - a full strength team would have beaten them again. In addition to this Webb tried his best to ruin the game by stopping it every 5 seconds and making some decisions where I genuinely thought he was talking the piss.

I was in the level 4 Leazes Corner area, so I could hear L7 and the away fans which was good. I think splitting up the singing section is a huge error, bound to have an effect on atmosphere and a typical 'its my ball and you can't play' decision from large michael just because a few nasty songs come from there.

These last two games aint been as atmospheric in the corner, it aint been the same from what i'm used too, we had better atmospheres in the Championship last year than weve had in some Premiership games, but thats probably down to us battering teams last year and having wave after wave of attack, and due to most of the games we played at home last year were night time games, and they always seem to have a better atmosphere than day-time games

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

The atmosphere is always shite when we have a Saturday afternoon 3pm kick off, nobody seems to be arsed.

Unless there's a bit of Geordie injustice, or something miraculous happens like the Arsenal game.

Guest LeazesLad
The atmosphere is always shite when we have a Saturday afternoon 3pm kick off, nobody seems to be arsed.

Unless there's a bit of Geordie injustice, or something miraculous happens like the Arsenal game.

I was just gonna say that. Even the cracks not as good, and a 1245 is even worse. I love night games me, and I particularly love the 515/530 games on a cold winters night, atmosphere usually immense. Read somewhere we haven't won a top flight game at home for 3 and a half years that has kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday. Mental.

I was just gonna say that. Even the cracks not as good, and a 1245 is even worse. I love night games me, and I particularly love the 515/530 games on a cold winters night, atmosphere usually immense. Read somewhere we haven't won a top flight game at home for 3 and a half years that has kicked off at 3pm on a Saturday. Mental.

2 and a half. Bolton at home, first home game of the relegation season.

And thats just in the Premiership, we did in the Championship...

The atmosphere was average up until we scored then it picked up, it was shite after we went 2-1 down and then picked right up again after half time. It was poor by our usual standards.

Think i only heard the Gallowgate sing once all game.

I had to sit in the Gallowgate for the first few games of the season (Due to being bamboozled by the membership policy to sit in the leazes corner) and it was absolutely twatful for atmosphere, id rather chew a ballsack than move to anywhere else than the Leazes corner

But i think to have a good atmosphere at St James' its gotta be a night time game, there has to bebanter between the two sets of fans and the teams gotta look like were at least gonna get something out of the game, and unfortunately the Everton and Bolton games had none of the above from what i can recall