Joaquin

Kid Dynamite

I wasn't advocating that it was true though, was I?

You're getting too predictable Scott - knew damned welll you'd come along with that sort of comment.. :lol:

66930[/snapback]

Predictably pointing out that you were being hypocritical. :lol:

66932[/snapback]

Only hypocritical if I'd claimed the comment in the People was 'sound' :lol:

You're getting too predictable Scott - knew damned welll you'd come along with that sort of comment.. :lol:

66930[/snapback]

66932[/snapback]

Only hypocritical if I'd claimed the comment in the People was 'sound' :lol:

66977[/snapback]

By starting the thread and calling it "Speaking of Souness contradictions...", the implication was there for all to see. ;)

66930[/snapback]

66932[/snapback]

Only hypocritical if I'd claimed the comment in the People was 'sound' ;)

66977[/snapback]

By starting the thread and calling it "Speaking of Souness contradictions...", the implication was there for all to see. :icon_lol:

66982[/snapback]

Never claimed it was sound - stop being a pedantic fucker! :lol:

In the papers today saying he actually wants to come to newcastle.

66694[/snapback]

Hmmm...

Newcastle have moved a step closer to gazumping Chelsea in the race for Real Betis star Joaquin. (News of the World)

Guess that means it's gonna happen then? :lol:

66769[/snapback]

"I've been told Newcastle have asked Luque for reports on me," Joaquin told the News of the World.

"That is good news as far as I'm concerned - I hope he told them nice things.

"It would be beautiful to have him as a team-mate and play alongside somebody like Owen who is one of the best strikers in the world."

HMMMM......smart arse :lol:

66920[/snapback]

Does the obvious really need to be pointed out? :icon_lol:

66925[/snapback]

This from the bloke who started a thread on the strength of a non-quote from the Sunday People yesterday. :lol:

66926[/snapback]

This from the bloke who uses "quotes" from the NOTW. ;)

This from the bloke who uses "quotes" from the NOTW. :lol:

67082[/snapback]

A quote's a quote. I know you think that any and everything the papers print about Laurent Robert is just rank xenophobia though. :lol:

67083[/snapback]

Nope just from papers like the S*n, Daily Mail or NOTW et al who use selective or creative quoting. For Souness' full quotes with proper quotation marks:

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=33...+squad+problems

67082[/snapback]

A quote's a quote. I know you think that any and everything the papers print about Laurent Robert is just rank xenophobia though. :lol:

67083[/snapback]

Nope just from papers like the S*n, Daily Mail or NOTW et al who use selective or creative quoting. For Souness' full quotes with proper quotation marks:

67088[/snapback]

Who's to say he isn't telling the truth? One thing you can definitely say since Souness has arrived is that we're not seeing the stories of this one, that one or the other one out pissed or misbehaving themselves, which if reports are to be believed is what was causing a major rift between the senior players and the youngsters at the club.

67082[/snapback]

67083[/snapback]

67088[/snapback]

Who's to say he isn't telling the truth? One thing you can definitely say since Souness has arrived is that we're not seeing the stories of this one, that one or the other one out pissed or misbehaving themselves, which if reports are to be believed is what was causing a major rift between the senior players and the youngsters at the club.

67098[/snapback]

Of course, morale and team spirit is so high that whenever we go a goal down, you can put your mortgage on us not winning the game...

Who's to say he isn't telling the truth?  One thing you can definitely say since Souness has arrived is that we're not seeing the stories of this one, that one or the other one out pissed or misbehaving themselves, which if reports are to be believed is what was causing a major rift between the senior players and the youngsters at the club.

67098[/snapback]

If they are legit quotes it is a bit off spin isn't it? Or with other words - shifting the blame. I think it's a funny that he says those players he signed are capable to finish in the top 6. Strangely those players from the "rotten" squad were even finishing in the top 4... What would you rather have: A squad of spoilt brats who now and then appear in the headlines of the tabloids but getting results or a squad of choir boys who play crap...

67082[/snapback]

67083[/snapback]

67088[/snapback]

67098[/snapback]

Of course, morale and team spirit is so high that whenever we go a goal down, you can put your mortgage on us not winning the game...

67101[/snapback]

Not sure how that's a response to the point I was making tbh. Have you seen our goal celebrations recently? Noticed how the whole team is involved in them? Wasn't like that a little while back. Clearly we're not getting the results we would all hope for but that doesn't prove that there's no morale or team spirit.

Who's to say he isn't telling the truth?  One thing you can definitely say since Souness has arrived is that we're not seeing the stories of this one, that one or the other one out pissed or misbehaving themselves, which if reports are to be believed is what was causing a major rift between the senior players and the youngsters at the club.

67098[/snapback]

If they are legit quotes it is a bit off spin isn't it? Or with other words - shifting the blame. I think it's a funny that he says those players he signed are capable to finish in the top 6. Strangely those players from the "rotten" squad were even finishing in the top 4... What would you rather have: A squad of spoilt brats who now and then appear in the headlines of the tabloids but getting results or a squad of choir boys who play crap...

67102[/snapback]

How about a squad of decent lads that play well? Or is it a straight choice between employing arseholes or playing shit that's on offer?

67098[/snapback]

67102[/snapback]

How about a squad of decent lads that play well? Or is it a straight choice between employing arseholes or playing shit that's on offer?

67113[/snapback]

No, it's the choice between the squad that Souness first described as the best squad he ever worked with (and then slagged off) and the current one. :lol:

Of course I'd like to see a squad of players who are playing well and also give free piano lessons to homeless children in their spare time... :lol:

67098[/snapback]

67102[/snapback]

67113[/snapback]

No, it's the choice between the squad that Souness first described as the best squad he ever worked with (and then slagged off) and the current one. :lol:

Of course I'd like to see a squad of players who are playing well and also give free piano lessons to homeless children in their spare time... :lol:

67115[/snapback]

Bellamy would have slammed the lid on their fingers if they made a mistake tbh. Or stole the keys to use as his two front teeth. :lol:

Bellamy would have slammed the lid on their fingers if they made a mistake tbh.  Or stole the keys to use as his two front teeth. :lol:

67120[/snapback]

As long as someone gave him a bunk up so he could reach tbh.

Not sure how that's a response to the point I was making tbh. Have you seen our goal celebrations recently? Noticed how the whole team is involved in them? Wasn't like that a little while back. Clearly we're not getting the results we would all hope for but that doesn't prove that there's no morale or team spirit.

The ability to fight back from a being goal down is a major indicator of team spirit IMO. When was the last time we went behind and fought back to win the game? Robson's team had infinitely more bouncebackability (apologies for using this dreadful expression).

In the papers today saying he actually wants to come to newcastle.

66694[/snapback]

Hmmm...

Newcastle have moved a step closer to gazumping Chelsea in the race for Real Betis star Joaquin. (News of the World)

Guess that means it's gonna happen then? :lol:

66769[/snapback]

"I've been told Newcastle have asked Luque for reports on me," Joaquin told the News of the World.

"That is good news as far as I'm concerned - I hope he told them nice things.

"It would be beautiful to have him as a team-mate and play alongside somebody like Owen who is one of the best strikers in the world."

HMMMM......smart arse :lol:

66920[/snapback]

Does the obvious really need to be pointed out? :lol:

66925[/snapback]

good backtrack.....not. it was quoted from the sky sports website. the fact is hes said he would love to play with owen here. i never mentioned that it was 'going to happen'.