your 1st nufc game?

heatonlass95

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First memory of a game is from when my old man took me and my brother in 74-75 ( I'd have been 6).

Old West stand, stood right at the front in the trench.

We were playing either Man City or Coventry, not sure which but I remember the opposition were in Sky Blue.

One of them came over for a throw in and I shouted " You Bugger" at him. He had a full set of beard and tache too.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

mid 80s, home defeat to everton. can't remember what the score was but i was young enough to find the walk past the gallowgate end steps and all the people milling about pretty exciting

Carlisle (h) 2-2. KK scored both (we were 1-0 up and 2-1 down iirc). It was New Year's Day '83 (I think). Howard Gayle came on as sub. Can't really remember much about it other than it being exciting and I have a vague recollection of our equaliser (volley or half-volley). I was in the East Stand towards the Leazes End.

Edit: Pop Robson was playing for Carlisle.

Edited by alex

95/96 season when we beat West Ham 3-0. Was a mid-week game and Ferdinand got two and I think Pedro got the other one? I remember one of their centre halves got sent off and my dad was telling me to wave him off, must have only been about 4 at the time.

EDIT EDIT: Was 95/96

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione

Early 90's I think. Away to Wimbledon in Selhurst Park.

Asprilla free-kick and Albert nearly scored an o.g. 1-1 draw. Got changed for Sky fixtures and I got fucked over and had to leave early to get my flight home. The first of many times...

95 or 96, can't remember who against or what happened... Can just remember me mam saying "isn't the grass really green?" :lol:

Barnsley at home in the league cup, we won 2-1 i think, I can remember one of the goals was a belter but i think it was the Barnsley goal lol

Mine was in 1969 lol, the fairs cup final home leg with my Dad

V Norwich, at St James' in 1994 I think. We won 4-0, Beardsley scored a cracker, and we were denied a stonewall penalty when Kitson got brought down.

Brilliant first game!

Was that the PeterB goal from east stand touchline game?

If so one of my favourite town goal ever

------------------------------------------------------

My first game 20th Sept 86 . Wimbledon (h)

Was 12 and was first time me mam let me go. Remember goint to the club shop (portakabin) by Haymarket :lol: before game n bought a pair of torrid wrist sweatbands haha ! ? East corner , don't remember much about game itself but spent most of it just having me eyes opened and laughing at the carry on and banter :D

Few years ago tracked down the programme from Back Page and not long back was lucky t get it signed by John Anderson as a mate lived next door to him .

:D

Minerva supreme

mines is gonna b v west brom at the end of the season, finally being able to get across for it cant wait :lol:

Think it was '96-'97 vs Everton, we won 1-0 and Rob Lee scored. Had been a regular visitor to Maiden Castle training sessions for a few years prior to that though.

'94 Vs. Sheff Wed.

Wednesday wore horrible pajama-type top and Clark scored (I think) we won 2-1 and it was during the time of Cole's shinsplints thing, just before we sold him to Man U.

95 or 96, can't remember who against or what happened... Can just remember me mam saying "isn't the grass really green?" :lol:

Barnsley at home in the league cup, we won 2-1 i think, I can remember one of the goals was a belter but i think it was the Barnsley goal lol

Mine was in 1969 lol, the fairs cup final home leg with my Dad

That was me first game wasn't it? I remember the Stevenage one in '98 when you left me match programme. :D