your 1st nufc game?

heatonlass95

Home to Charlton, won 2-1 in the season we got promoted with Keegan as a player, not sure of the exact date, but it'd be 83/84 season

Am sure that game was featured on Match of the Day am sure av seen it on video.

Aye me first home game Aug 85 1-0 win against Liverpool, first away game Nov 91 Sunderland 1-1 draw.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never seen Newcastle away, try and watch Blyth as much as I can, but I really need to get to a NEwcastle away game. I know there's a slight difference between the Unibond premier/conference North and the Premier league but away games are often better somehow!

I've never been to an away game where support was better than at SJP although I've only been to 5 or 6 and all were as south as you can get. What's the derby like at stadium of shite? I'm thinking next season might try grab a ticket as well as spurs away.

I've never been to an away game where support was better than at SJP although I've only been to 5 or 6 and all were as south as you can get. What's the derby like at stadium of shite? I'm thinking next season might try grab a ticket as well as spurs away.

Every away game I've been to has had fantastic atmosphere and excellent support. You get a lot of the passionate supporters and a lot less of the silent minority.

On way to man City in 90's some kids on't bus used a business card printing machine at the services t get cards sayin 'Away days are best days'

Also memorable for the shout of 'hea looka - its Soopagran' when a cultural attache spotted a raster in large hat on way through Moss Side

Edited by LoveTheBobby

FA Cup 4th round in 1994 against Luton 1-1 and we all know what happened in the replay..

I didn't go to the home game for some reason but I went to the away one, oh dear. What a shithole Luton is, that away end :icon_lol: you go in to the away end like you're going through the door of someones house. John Hartson's first ever game and goal in football that neet, longest trip ever home on the old Armstrong Galley coaches.

Every away game I've been to has had fantastic atmosphere and excellent support. You get a lot of the passionate supporters and a lot less of the silent minority.

Thats what I expected, went to the two away games at Plymouth last year pretty quiet until almost the final whistle. I'm guessing the location and size of the game plays it's part

I think it was:

29.08.1993 - Blackburn Rovers 1-1

If it wasn't that one, it was around then as I'd just got a load of NUFC stuff for my birthday in June and was desperate to get to a game.

All I remember is I was amazed by the noise as I'd never heard anything like it (was in the Leazes end) and I vaguely remember just squealing a bit as I was so excited and nervous. Mind, we forgot to take my glasses so I couldn't see much of it. :icon_lol:

I think it was:

29.08.1993 - Blackburn Rovers 1-1

If it wasn't that one, it was around then as I'd just got a load of NUFC stuff for my birthday in June and was desperate to get to a game.

All I remember is I was amazed by the noise as I'd never heard anything like it (was in the Leazes end) and I vaguely remember just squealing a bit as I was so excited and nervous. Mind, we forgot to take my glasses so I couldn't see much of it. :icon_lol:

I was at that game. Looked to have beaten them thanks to an Andy Cole effort but then some bloke called Shearer come off the bench for them and spoiled the day. ;)

To this day I remember him running towards the corner (where the Blackburn fans were that day) thinking "what self respecting so-called Newcastle fan celebrates a goal against us THAT much!?"

Shrewsbury at home about 1983. Despite having KK in the side we managed to get beat 1-0. Apart from getting to the top of the Gallowgate steps and seeing the pitch for the first time, my only real memory is of some supporters moaning about why we sold Varadi and getting a bit squashed on the way out. Oh, aye, someone also kept dropping their bait and it was minging, you'd be standing there, get a whiff and then loads of voices saying, "Fucking hell! Who's that?" and lots of "Fucking dorty bastard!" comments. :icon_lol:

:icon_lol:

The severity of windy-pops back then was definately greater like. The standing around and asking eachother "aah was that yee ! ?" While one of the group would either try to look innocent or be laughing his back off as a cloud of sour cockles, Bensons and Best Scotch took flight from the pack of sludge within their crackers. ! Ney good when y heard "suurge" either. !

Speaking of dropping ya bait. Remember around Bonfire night kids casually letting airbombs and bangers off on the deck :icon_lol: . Used t stand with some older kids n were always great laugh. Airbomb went off right by one of them while he was talking at half time. Proper 80's Walker wedge barnet, 'tache and beer-sweat leather jacket with buckles, sneurwash jeans and Sambas. Quite literally shat himself and all mates were howling. Took him a minute or so to gather his composure before announcing defiantly (still ashen-faced) '. . eeh av never liked them fiawaarks mind"

I know its a 'had to be there' job , but the whole incident and timing was hilarious. !

Speaking of dropping ya bait. Remember around Bonfire night kids casually letting airbombs and bangers off on the deck ;) . Used t stand with some older kids n were always great laugh. Airbomb went off right by one of them while he was talking at half time. Proper 80's Walker wedge barnet, 'tache and beer-sweat leather jacket with buckles, sneurwash jeans and Sambas. Quite literally shat himself and all mates were howling. Took him a minute or so to gather his composure before announcing defiantly (still ashen-faced) '. . eeh av never liked them fiawaarks mind"

I know its a 'had to be there' job , but the whole incident and timing was hilarious. !

Happened to me on bonfire neet 1991 eating a half cooked tattie off the fire. Why did we used to dee that? A naa we'll put a tattie on a dirty stick chuck it on the fire pull it oot and eat it. :icon_lol: A divvint even like tatties. Kids I don't see for years mention that neet I followed through to this day. Nowt wrang wi Samba's neither.

HMHM yeel naa. You know "a knaa yee, yee knaa me, a knaa yee n yee naa me nanananananaaaaaaaa" what was the words of the start of that, was there any, or was that it?

The severity of windy-pops back then was definately greater like. The standing around and asking eachother "aah was that yee ! ?" While one of the group would either try to look innocent or be laughing his back off as a cloud of sour cockles, Bensons and Best Scotch took flight from the pack of sludge within their crackers. ! Ney good when y heard "suurge" either. !

I remember going to Wolves one year, (about '89), with a bus from Value Travel of Byker and being stuck behind a bloke who drank Stones Bitter all the way down and kept singing 'we hate tunnel and we hate tunnel' as we used to cross the Tyne through the tunnel to pick up lads from the South Shields branch of Value travel, (they seemed miserable cunts, it has to be said), and this blokes arse must have turned radioactive, his frequent bottom burps were truly rancid, we were nearly spewing it was that bad. I cant remember the last time I smelled a really bad fart at a match, to be honest.

Speaking of dropping ya bait. Remember around Bonfire night kids casually letting airbombs and bangers off on the deck ;) . Used t stand with some older kids n were always great laugh. Airbomb went off right by one of them while he was talking at half time. Proper 80's Walker wedge barnet, 'tache and beer-sweat leather jacket with buckles, sneurwash jeans and Sambas. Quite literally shat himself and all mates were howling. Took him a minute or so to gather his composure before announcing defiantly (still ashen-faced) '. . eeh av never liked them fiawaarks mind"

Happened to me on bonfire neet 1991 eating a half cooked tattie off the fire. Why did we used to dee that? A naa we'll put a tattie on a dirty stick chuck it on the fire pull it oot and eat it. :icon_lol: A divvint even like tatties. Kids I don't see for years mention that neet I followed through to this day. Nowt wrang wi Samba's neither.

HMHM yeel naa. You know "a knaa yee, yee knaa me, a knaa yee n yee naa me nanananananaaaaaaaa" what was the words of the start of that, was there any, or was that it?

Not 100%, but I'm sure it was just something daft like, "Ah knaa yee, yee knaa me, Bay City rollers are for me, nanananananaaaaaaaa"

Hey I love the Samba too. Black leather ones for 5side . One of me favourite Adidas along with the original versions of the Marathon . Got couple pristine pairs of grey suede Sambas . Many more pairs of Marathons though :icon_lol:

Hey I love the Samba too. Black leather ones for 5side . One of me favourite Adidas along with the original versions of the Marathon . Got couple pristine pairs of grey suede Sambas . Many more pairs of Marathons though :icon_lol:

Pristine blue n's me. I reckon down the years I've had 20 pairs of five a side samba's, no football shoe could compete.

I remember going to Wolves one year, (about '89), with a bus from Value Travel of Byker and being stuck behind a bloke who drank Stones Bitter all the way down and kept singing 'we hate tunnel and we hate tunnel' as we used to cross the Tyne through the tunnel to pick up lads from the South Shields branch of Value travel, (they seemed miserable cunts, it has to be said), and this blokes arse must have turned radioactive, his frequent bottom burps were truly rancid, we were nearly spewing it was that bad. I cant remember the last time I smelled a really bad fart at a match, to be honest.

Went t see New Order at Academy few year ago n met in the Bodega. Chocka because town match on sky that night too. What with the beer and the rest of it I was dying for a dump prior to heading to gig. Was one of those gurgly 'this won't keep' cases. Braved the kermit and set about releasing the payload. Anyone knowing the bogs in there its as stuffy as . Whey me sweetmeat wafts permeated pretty quickly and all I could hear as I sweated and whinced in trap 2 was kids taking a lag physically wretching and moaning in disgust haha. It was some walk of shame coming outta there - all could do was a hands high 'i knaa lads I knaa sorry' . Not me finest hour.

;)

Went t see New Order at Academy few year ago n met in the Bodega. Chocka because town match on sky that night too. What with the beer and the rest of it I was dying for a dump prior to heading to gig. Was one of those gurgly 'this won't keep' cases. Braved the kermit and set about releasing the payload. Anyone knowing the bogs in there its as stuffy as . Whey me sweetmeat wafts permeated pretty quickly and all I could hear as I sweated and whinced in trap 2 was kids taking a lag physically wretching and moaning in disgust haha. It was some walk of shame coming outta there - all could do was a hands high 'i knaa lads I knaa sorry' . Not me finest hour.

Had a similar moment one night clubbing in what was 'Tux two', (it had other names, Buzz? cuba?), I chose a night in a busy bog to unload the foulest smelling shittiest diahorria I've ever produced. I could hear blokes howling in protest at the poison filling their nostrils. It was that bad I nearly just fucked off home in case anyone pointed me out later on! :icon_lol:

v Arsenal 19-11-1977, got beat 2-1 (Alan Sunderland, Frank Stapleton) (Tommy Cassidy).

All a blur and can just remember the teams coming on at the start, and being shit scared by the echoes from the clapping <_<

Steve Hardwick

David Craig

David Barker

Tommy Cassidy

John Bird

Irving Nattrass

Stewart Barrowclough

Dennis Martin

Micky Burns

Nigel Walker

Tommy Craig

-------------------------------

Pat Jennings

Pat Rice

Sammy Nelson

David Price

Dave O'leary

Willie Young

Liam Brady

Alan Sunderland

Frank Stapleton

Graham Rix

Mark Heeley

v Arsenal 19-11-1977, got beat 2-1 (Alan Sunderland, Frank Stapleton) (Tommy Cassidy).

All a blur and can just remember the teams coming on at the start, and being shit scared by the echoes from the clapping <_<

Steve Hardwick

David Craig

David Barker

Tommy Cassidy

John Bird

Irving Nattrass

Stewart Barrowclough

Dennis Martin

Micky Burns

Nigel Walker

Tommy Craig

-------------------------------

Pat Jennings

Pat Rice

Sammy Nelson

David Price

Dave O'leary

Willie Young

Liam Brady

Alan Sunderland

Frank Stapleton

Graham Rix

Mark Heeley

Two weeks before a champion amongst men was born.

That must've been a matter of weeks before they chopped the Leazes down too.