your 1st nufc game?

heatonlass95

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first game that my Dad took me to was in 1969 v Sheffield Wednesday

We won and I remember Bryan 'Pop" Robson scoring a couple of goals

I can also remember going to Roker park in 1970 Jimmy Smith scored in a 1-1 draw, it was all kicking off and the fans were spilling onto the cinder track, we left through the players entrance as my Dad knew Lawrie McMenemy and he ushered us through, as we were waiting Joe Harvey came down the stairs and said hello to me! I was made up bearing in mind I was 9 years old.

My first match was some bizarre mid 90s pre-season friendly in which we played Gateshead one half and Blyth the other. We played quite a strong team too from what I can recall and we tonked both.

I can't remember the score but I can remember falling in love with the lass sat behind me over the course of the 90 minutes <_<

<_<

The severity of windy-pops back then was definately greater like. The standing around and asking eachother "aah was that yee ! ?" While one of the group would either try to look innocent or be laughing his back off as a cloud of sour cockles, Bensons and Best Scotch took flight from the pack of sludge within their crackers. ! Ney good when y heard "suurge" either. !

It's nice to know that trumping hasn't went out of vogue. Anyone who has spent any time in Level 7 over the past year or two will have had their nostrils raped by the imaginatively named "Phantom Farter of the Leazes Corner". Fuck knows what he's eating but I wish he'd get it out of his system before kick off.

My first match was some bizarre mid 90s pre-season friendly in which we played Gateshead one half and Blyth the other. We played quite a strong team too from what I can recall and we tonked both.

I went to that too. Rumours were that Shearer was gonna be a suprise unvieling (he hadn't signed by that point) I also remember some Gateshead player trying to be a hero and crock Batty.

I also went to Shearer's first game. A friendly Vs. Lincoln City at Sincil Bank.