New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one Shola is wearing is quite nice.

..and I'm already starting to come around on the new strip. It still bothers me though, that's it's just a black shirt with white sleeves and two white lines down the middle. Tradition dictates that it's supposed to be a black and white striped shirt, which it isn't. Again the patch on the back is ridiculous and means that a shirt without name and number looks almost as stupid as a shirt with the name and number of our best player three months after he signs a new five year deal.

Won't be getting.

Tradition dictates that it's supposed to be a black and white striped shirt, which it isn't.

newcastle_united_1976-1978_b.gifnewcastle_united_2001-2003_b.gif

It's not that radical to be honest. It's very similar to the two above - though vastly inferior.

It's not that radical to be honest. It's very similar to the two above - though vastly inferior.

Which two above?

Those images aren't showing up for me, but I figured out which strips you're talking about, and they both are actual stripes. The black sleeves complicate it a little in the 01-03 shirt, but they're still obviously stripes. The older one (76-78) is again still stripes.

It's nicer than last years by a mile when you look at the quality of the material, the sponsor etc.

So, the material is better than the paper-thin cheap shit of this season?

Tradition dictates that it's supposed to be a black and white striped shirt, which it isn't.

newcastle_united_1976-1978_b.gifnewcastle_united_2001-2003_b.gif

The 76 one has stripes, equal width, and black markings on the arms.

The 02/03 one at least has striped sleeves, but I wasn't keen on it then or now.

Sorry, like, but the new one is a plain White shirt with a few black panels hoyed at it.

It's NOT Black and White stripes.

It's nicer than last years by a mile when you look at the quality of the material, the sponsor etc.

So, the material is better than the paper-thin cheap shit of this season?

Current one is good to play in and nicely taylored IMO. The worst part about it by far is the massive black plastic sponsors logo.

Sorry, like, but the new one is a plain White shirt with a few black panels hoyed at it.

It's NOT Black and White stripes.

I actually see it as a black shirt with white sleeves and a double 'go faster' stripe down the middle.

Agree with you about it not being black and white stripes though - it's criminal!

Guest alex
The more i look at it the more i really like it actually.

Its a change and people dont like change.

Think il get the gold badge version.

Looking forward to seeing our orange away kit and black third!

It's change for change sake, a lazy exercise in product differentiation.

And you're just being cynical for the sake of being cynical, tbh,

:lol: Bit fucking rich coming from you like.

:lol:

When I saw the pic of Nolan, Tiote etc I just saw waiters- White shirt, black waistcoat.

Black &White stripes is not a complicated design,and shouldn't be hard to get right.

There's been some decent strips over the years, but this, like the 02-03 NTL one, is awful.

Anyway, think I've made my thoughts clear enough, back to posting tits and shite.

It looks like a shirt that would be on Pro Evolution Soccer 3 when they didnt have the rights to Premiership teams and we were called Tyneside

I dont see why they couldnt do what Craig did and put two more white stripes on, that looked lush

Edited by StoneColdStephenIreland

It looks like a shirt that would be on Pro Evolution Soccer 3 when they didnt have the rights to Premiership teams and we were called Tyneside

Nailed it.

Another shit toon strip. How fucking hard is it to have normal black and white stripes on the front and back with a red number. Im sick of these fucking panels. Puma are shite. Thank fuck its the last year of the deal with them cunts.

Edited by SCOREBOARD1