New Kits 2011/12

Tooj

The more i look at it the more i really like it actually.

Its a change and people dont like change.

Think il get the gold badge version.

Looking forward to seeing our orange away kit and black third!

:( Seriously though, they could have a fake rubber cock protruding horizontally from the front of it like the fucking Alien escaping from that bloke's belly, and it'd maybe take you 15 minutes to come around to liking it.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( Looks like a posh toon fan wearing a waistcoat over his shirt. Maybe at a wedding reception.

Ugh... now that I've seen it, I can't unsee it!

Rather have a pannel then red numbers.

Exactly! Preferably no panel with gold numbers... but panels over red number any day

Nah, a properly striped shirt with red trim, name and numbers would be fantastic. Exactly what would go a long way in creating a 'fresh' look too instead of this sort of crazy crap we've got for next season.

Exactly! Preferably no panel with gold numbers... but panels over red number any day

What's wrong with red numbers like? (And don't say because the tramps have got red in their kit).

What's wrong with red numbers like? (And don't say because the tramps have got red in their kit).

It's just... not Newcastle. I don't like having colours that aren't ours on the kit (other than the little flag at the top of the crest like :(). Blue or gold is the only colour I want on the Toon kit that isn't black and white. It's just not right... them having it on their kit doesn't help

It's just... not Newcastle. I don't like having colours that aren't ours on the kit (other than the little flag at the top of the crest like :(). Blue or gold is the only colour I want on the Toon kit that isn't black and white. It's just not right... them having it on their kit doesn't help

mmm, obviously you missed a chunk of our history.

This:

l_f1e74ea0567ed55c34b372d47de0b543.jpg

+

l_673138f01c2b4a3292e2e8d5962d5146.jpg

=

l_eda67e09072fec766e343dc57a09261d.jpg

You should also read this.

Edited by sammynb

I was brought up watching NUFC have red numbers on their backs, I always thought black numbers, or white numbers were strange on a black & white shirt. When it comes down to it, the SKY league wanted razzamatazz and squad numbers and names on the back to be a bit like the Yanks and also to make more cash. Somewhere, in some boardroom twenty years ago some slimy twat pitched this moneymaking scheme, (and the PL was born of greed don't forget), and our shirts are never going to be the same because of it. Give me a red number any day, and if its 1-11 even better, your number 9 should have to earn the shirt, if he's out someone else gets his chance to wear it, that's how it was and should be now. A big panel on our back is a slur on our club in the name of naked greed and no other reason.

Poor Clee Toon :(

The loss of our red numbers grates as much as the fuckinaboutery with our Black and White stripes.

If Ashley ( or any future owner tbh) wants to win brownie points, giving us a classic strip with red numbers is a no brainer.

( although if the Fat Cunt did it I'd be muttering " fucking wanker, thinks he can buy our affection with a strip?" ;)

Edited by Monkeys Fist

You mean the colour numbers we had for decades right up until 1993?

Black and white kit (with no third colour as trim) with a red number on the back and it's a perfect NUFC kit.

Guest alex

And if any Mackems were to have a pop you only need point out red is the predominant colour of our city crest which predates either club anyway.

And if any Mackems were to have a pop you only need point out red is the predominant colour of our city crest which predates either club anyway.

We best not show Clee Toon what our original kit was either :(

Guest alex

All red top wasn't it?

Guest alex

All red top wasn't it?

Red and white stripes and navy shorts is the one I've seen.

I've heard that mentioned I think. Had a look on that historical football kits site and it's an all-red top and white shorts. Not saying that's the definite source like. I tend to bow to your knowledge on these things tbh ;)

Think you might be right on this one actually Alex. I'm sure i've seen stripes mentioned before though.

It does go to show that you can't keep everyone happy, the majority on here would love the red numbers, but the bedsheet boycoutt brigade might throw a strop.